X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DaveIsKing
    Veteran
    • Mar 2004

Five Badasses In Music

JOHNNY CASH - The original American badass. Cash, in his prime, would've wasted these prima donnas M&M and Kid Cock. Even Snoop Dogg had "betta rekonize..." the MAN IN BLACK. He's been everywhere, man. From Bridge over Troubled Water to the Ring of Fire, Cash is the legend and you had better give him the respect he deserves or you may just find your ass six feet under.

DAVID LEE ROTH- Nobody did raunch n' roll better than Diamond Dave. Dave can cover a multitude of styles of music easily, and has proven himself as a showman capable of entertaining a stadium or a small club. Dave's original badass songs w/ classic VH such as "Unchained", "Everybody Wants Some!!", and "Runnin' With The Devil" are prototype Dave. And after a toned-down Dave in YFLM, he returned to record two stellar songs with VH and then on the DLR Band album. David Lee Roth proved he was the badass behind the Classic VH sound.

OZZY OSBOURNE- The Godfather of Metal may look like a sad, fat, crazy ass now since his commercialized move to the mainstream, but at one time Ozzy Osbourne was the "poster" for rock'n'roll badass. Biting heads off small animals, pissing on the Alamo, taking more drink and drugs than all of Motley Crue and creating a name even bigger than his former legendary band. Ozzy deserves his kudos for his badass-ness and contribution to rock.

RONNIE VAN ZANT- Lynyrd Skynyrd would've been nowhere without the voice and attitude behind their sound. Van Zant would kick ass on stage and off, and it didn't make a damn to him what you thought about. Van Zant failed to survive a plane crash, but his career and legend survives to this day.

JOHN BONHAM- Nobody was more of a badass than Bonzo. He could beat drums and beat asses like they were drums. Bonzo was a prankster and a big, bad bulldog all rolled into one. His stellar sound was the backbone behind Led Zeppelin and without him, Zep couldn't continue on, so they split. Bonham was a monster in music and in real life. Recognize the badass known as John Bonham through his awesome live drum solos and classic Zep albums.

MORE TO COME LATER...
    PROPERTY OF DaveIsKing©

YOUR GIRLFRIEND = OWNED
  • Golden AWe
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Cool thread...Ketih Moon and Bon Scott come to mind?
    Originally posted by Cato
    Golden, why are you FAT?
    Originally posted by lesfunk
    Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
    http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• Matt White
      • Jun 2004

Paul Rodgers-Besides having what many have called the "best voice in British music history" Paul has a black belt in Karate.Due to an arguement, Rodgers was kicking the shit out of Bad Co. bass player Boz Burrell when guitarist Mick Ralphs tried to intervene. He got his ass kick too. Bad Co. split soon afterward and the bad blood exist to this day.

Vince Neil, Tommy Lee, & Nikki Sixx-read "THE DIRT". These three brawled their way throughout their early career on the sunset strip. Fellow musicians, fans, and local rednecks were often left in a bloody heap in their wake.

Ian "LEMMY" Kilmister-Bassist and lead vocals for MOTORHEAD, Lemmy has seen it all. From being a roadie for the JIMI HENDRIX EXPERIENCE, to playing bass for stoner band HAWKWIND, to fronting the proto-PUNK/METAL/THRASH band MOTORHEAD, LEMMY has consumed more Alcohol, Drugs, and Dirty Women than nearly any man alive.

Comment

• DaveIsKing
        Veteran
        • Mar 2004

Hell yeah, guys keep it coming!!

MORE BADASSES
        PROPERTY OF DaveIsKing©

YOUR GIRLFRIEND = OWNED

Comment

• DLR7884
          ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Layne Staley.

DLR7884
          He didn't give a fuck.
          Originally Posted by WARF:
          DLR7884 - This guy is one bad ass sonafabitch... I've seen him destroy peoples posting careers in a single sentence.

Comment

• rustoffa
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DLR7884
            Layne Staley.

DLR7884
            He didn't give a fuck.
            Long time man!
            Where the fuck ya been?

Comment

• DLR7884
              ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

WELL, MY SHITTY ASS COMPUTER DIED.

THEN I MOVED.

THEN I GOT A PUPPY.

THEN I FINALLY GOT INTERNET ACCESS BACK AT WORK.

SO HERE I AM.

DLR7884
              GOOD TO BE BACK, HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH YOU!
              DLR7884 - This guy is one bad ass sonafabitch... I've seen him destroy peoples posting careers in a single sentence.

Comment

• DLR7884
                ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

I DID GET A NEW COMPUTER, BUT THE PUPPY TAKES UP MOST OF MY TIME WHEN I'M HOME NOW.

THAT AND HOT SHOTS FORE AND MADDEN.

DLR7884
                LOL.

Comment

• BARE BONE
                  Foot Soldier
                  • Mar 2004

Chicago chapter.
                  Everytime I think I've reached the buttom someone hands me a shovel.

Comment

• bueno bob
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jul 2004

Hank Williams Sr. & Jr. should be added to the list...Sr more than Jr...
                    Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• DaveIsKing
                      Veteran
                      • Mar 2004

Ted Nugent???

Should we add the 'Nuge??
                      PROPERTY OF DaveIsKing©

YOUR GIRLFRIEND = OWNED

Comment

• WACF
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Matt White

Vince Neil, Tommy Lee, & Nikki Sixx-read "THE DIRT". These three brawled their way throughout their early career on the sunset strip. Fellow musicians, fans, and local rednecks were often left in a bloody heap in their wake.

I have a hard time believing that....those guys have nothing but pipe cleaners for arms....they look like a bunch of pussies.

Comment

• Matt White
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by WACF
                          I have a hard time believing that....those guys have nothing but pipe cleaners for arms....they look like a bunch of pussies.
                          Read the book Bro. I ain't a CRUE fan, never was. But the book is hysterical. Those three crazy fuckers have ALWAYS been trouble. AND, they partied with DAVID LEE ROTH when they were nobodies. DAVE took to 'em and offered his advice on legal matters, lawyers, contracts, and BLOW!!!

Comment

• WACF
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Matt White
                            Read the book Bro. I ain't a CRUE fan, never was. But the book is hysterical. Those three crazy fuckers have ALWAYS been trouble. AND, they partied with DAVID LEE ROTH when they were nobodies. DAVE took to 'em and offered his advice on legal matters, lawyers, contracts, and BLOW!!!
                            I want to...I have heard it is pretty good.

I saw an interview with Tommy talking about their tour with Ozzy, nothing but one big gross out contest...sounds like they were fucked up pretty much all the time.

I never caught them when they came around...I hope the reunion tour happens. I have every intention of going this time.

Supposedly they are going to announce it in December...we'll see.

Comment

• Matt White
                              • Jun 2004

another BADASS:

Keith Richards: Drug abuse that would have killed 40 normal men, alcohol intake that would have done the same, general bad behavior, letting his idol CHUCK BERRY sucker-punch him and NOT retaliating. Keith is the poster boy for ROCK'n'ROLL bad ass.

And yes AWe, Ronald "BON" Scott. Lived the ROCK'n'ROLL lifestyle so completely it KILLED him! Bon boozed and womanized like there was no tomorrow. Rick Nielson of cheap trick said that although BON was a "little guy"( 5'7"), he was the kind of guy "you wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley." As a wise man often says, "BON SCOTT LIVES!!!"

And like the man himself said:
                              Well if you're lookin' for trouble
                              I'm the man to see
                              If you're lookin' for satisfaction
                              I'm satisfaction guaranteed
                              I'm as cool as a body on ice
                              Hotter than the rollin' dice
                              Send you to heaven
                              Take you to hell
                              I ain't foolin'
                              Can't you tell

(From LIVE WIRE)
                              Last edited by Matt White; 11-25-2004, 12:07 AM.

Comment

Working...