PDA

View Full Version : Are you sure the Meltdown is True?? Read This!!

Wolverine
11-24-2004, 09:04 AM
Hey I hate Van Hagar and hope it's over but read this dudes concert review from tuscon!!

November 19, 2004 Tucson, AZ
WOW.....how can it be described? Van Halen rocked Tucson Friday night. For the 80th show, it was as good as the first. This was my 25th time seeing Van Halen in concert since 1978 and all I can say is that is was very memorable. For this concert, I made a Red, White and Black stripe VH poster that actually was held up by Sammy (and if anyone has a photo of it, please try to get me a copy of it please) and was autographed by everyone but Eddie. I would say one of my highlights was meeting Sue Anthony prior to the concert. She was very much a people person and even helped me in getting Mike's autograph on my poster.
The concert was great from start to finish, but just wish it wouldnt have ended. You could tell, that even after 80 shows the guys were still having fun on stage. I saw Van Halen in St Louis and Wolfgang came out and performed with Eddie during his solo. In Phoenix the next week, Wolfie wasnt anywhere to be found. But to end this tour, Wolfie emerged again to play along side Eddie, but the highlight would have to be when Wolfie came out and played with the entire band. They all surrounded Wolfie and showed support and he really looked like a real part of the band. Eddie was very emotional after the end of the song and really showed his love for his son.
Alex and Mike played awesome solos, as usual. Sammy showed that Cabo look with the lighted palm tree next to him on stage during his solo performance. The nicest thing about Sammy is that everything that was given to him, he took time out to autograph the item and return it to the owner. Thanks Sammy for acknowledging us.....
VAN HALEN, keep the DREAMS alive, RIGHT HERE,RIGHT NOW, because ITS ABOUT TIME you continue to keep your fans coming back for more and more for many years. Dont let this end.
Thank you goes out to Van Halen, for keeping the music alive; road crew for all the long hours that you put in; Van Halen family, for all the long hours that you have to deal apart from one another, the Tour Manager, for bring us the greatest shows and last would have to go out to Jerry (you know who you are).

David Williams

Wolverine
11-24-2004, 09:07 AM
mike and ed from that night
http://www.redrocker.com/2004vhtour/111904/pr-111904-2008.jpg

Wolverine
11-24-2004, 09:09 AM
http://www.redrocker.com/2004vhtour/111904/pr-111904-2010.jpg

Nickdfresh
11-24-2004, 09:12 AM
This guy sounds like a salivating, completely delusional sheep. He sounds like he usually attends boy-band concerts. I don't trust this narrative, it sounds way too glowing or canned. He probably only went to the concert because Justin Timberlake's tour is over.

Carmine
11-24-2004, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
This guy sounds like a salivating, completely delusional sheep. He sounds like he usually attends boy-band concerts. I don't trust this narrative, it sounds way too glowing or canned. He probably only went to the concert because Justin Timberlake's tour is over.

BWHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

DlocRoth
11-24-2004, 09:34 AM
I want whatever this asshoie is smokin.

FORD
11-24-2004, 09:35 AM
Sheep reviews of this tour, the Sam & Dave tour in 2002 and the VDIII tour in 1998 have taken so much "creative license" with the truth, it's been rumored that they're written by the newsroom staff at FAUX News.

Wolverine
11-24-2004, 09:41 AM
ed really should start taking those tuba lessons like he said if cherone wouldn't work out!!

Andertime
11-24-2004, 10:04 AM
For those of you that have never perused the links, that is the typical post that you will find there. A sheep with their nose up Van Hagar's ass.

ThrillsNSpills
11-24-2004, 10:05 AM
It's like the old sitcom staple plot where three different people have 3 different accounts of the same event. Different people have different perspectives.

DaveTheSoulOfVH
11-24-2004, 10:14 AM
Sammy "...took time out to autograph the item and return it to the owner. Thanks Sammy for acknowledging us..."

What a joke !!!! who cares about Spammy autographs ???
Sammy who ????

IT AIN'T VAN HALEN WITHOUT DAVID LEE ROTH

DavidLeeNatra
11-24-2004, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by DaveTheSoulOfVH
Sammy "...took time out to autograph the item and return it to the owner. Thanks Sammy for acknowledging us..."

What a joke !!!! who cares about Spammy autographs ???
Sammy who ????

IT AIN'T VAN HALEN WITHOUT DAVID LEE ROTH

sam signs all the stuff to make sure the sheep remember his name...

diamondsgirl
11-24-2004, 10:48 AM
I read at another site that an ILoveAllAccess rep informed 5 star fans that there will be pranks during the show and specifically said "DO NOT be in the bathroom during Right Now."

Matt White
11-24-2004, 10:58 AM
Hmmmm....lets dissect this review a bit.

"Alex and Mike played awesome solos, as usual."
Okay, right off the bat this guy has ZERO creditability. Mikey hasn't played a "Awesome Solo" IN HIS LIFE.

"VAN HALEN, keep the DREAMS alive, RIGHT HERE,RIGHT NOW, because ITS ABOUT TIME you continue to keep your fans coming back for more and more for many years. Dont let this end."

"Coming back for more"?!? More of them playing the same set, night after night, city after city, tour after tour?!? Keep releasing TERRIBLE new material that is forgotten by both the public AND radio within days of its release?!?

"road crew for all the long hours that you put in;"
Not so many buddy. Remember that EVH FIRED Spam's raod crew half-way through the FLEECE THE SHEEP 2004 tour. You give them more credit than EVH obviously.

"Van Halen family, for all the long hours that you have to deal apart from one another,"
I sure SOME of them count their blessings that these ASSHOLES actually leave home and WORK every 5-6 years!

"the Tour Manager, for bring us the greatest shows"
................??!?!?!?!?Really. 7,000 a night, and this clown thinks Van Hagar are out "Kicking Ass!". Pathetic.

Yup, gotta say, this BOZO is definitely 100% Grade AAA Van Hagar SHEEP. Enjoy the mediocrity Einstein.

Andertime
11-24-2004, 11:01 AM
I read on another site that someone who has "inside info" said that Ed had a bad day and none of that was planned. Who knows what to believe.

diamondsgirl
11-24-2004, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Andertime
I read on another site that someone who has "inside info" said that Ed had a bad day and none of that was planned. Who knows what to believe.

LOL. I read that one too. Looks like they had to create enough controversy to get people talking about them because the new tunes and tour sure didn't create a buzz.

Andertime
11-24-2004, 11:45 AM
With the sisters history, this will most likely drag on for a long long time before we really know what's going on. Until then we can have fun sheering the sheep!

diamondsgirl
11-24-2004, 12:10 PM
Absolutley. :)

Terry
11-25-2004, 10:31 AM
With the sisters history, this will most likely drag on for a long long time before we really know what's going on. Until then we can have fun sheering the sheep!

Have been reading what happened with Ed's "meltdown", and really have no idea what to think.

Would need to see some footage from the show, rather than read eyewitness accounts (half of which are probably bullshit from people who weren't even there), and also be informed as to what the relations between Ed and Hagar were like leading up to and after the show. It's been rumored that they haven't been getting along, but I take that with a grain of salt.

We all theorize about Ed's mental state on this site and make fun of it, but the truth is none of us know what's going on with him outside of the fact that he's been drinking and looks horrible these days.

Personally, I think the guy melted down several years ago, but that's just a guess.

All really secondary issues to me. If the man was still making music that got me off, I wouldn't care, but I guess since that hasn't been the case in such a long time there's little to do but sit around and ogle the wreckage which, in typical Van Hagar fashion, isn't even half as interesting as many other rock star demises I can can think of.

No blaze of glory or untimely end for Van Halen. Just a long, steady slide downward. Instead of a car crash, it's as if the car parts fell off one by one as the vehicle lumbered down the highway, eventually slowing down to a stop.

Hope Al has the number to triple A (probably on speed-dial).

DavidLeeNatra
11-25-2004, 10:48 AM
I've just listened to the sam hagar radio interview...and there ARE serious issues between him and ed! he claims that he has been the "driving force" for that tour and whishes "that everyone would have taken it as serious" as he did and if he'd have managed the tour it would have been a bigger success...and so on and so on...it's the old "me me me me me me me" - song again...

ELVIS
11-25-2004, 03:32 PM
For those of you that have never perused the links, that is the typical post that you will find there.

That would be me...

Thankya very much...

:elvis:

Va Beach VH Fan
11-25-2004, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by DaveTheSoulOfVH

As I've said numerous times during this travesty of a tour, signing autographs during a concert is complete bush league (no pun intended FORD ;) )....

Panamark
11-25-2004, 04:11 PM
I cant figure out how the cortisone hasnt puffed his face out yet..

katie
11-25-2004, 04:37 PM
I have seen a boot vid from New Jersey, i belive it is Sam who produces the papers and pen to be signed etc.

He does this on his hands and knees while signing panama or Jump (can't remember off hand) He does this in a Roth song because as we all know he fucking hates signing Roth songs!

You have to see this footage to belive it, sad very very sad.

I remember when VH where a fucking COOL band! Then the red rocker arrived and spolit it all!

How they went from the top of the tree to the bottom just amazies me.

Could'nt any of the band back in 85 look at any rehersal footage and think 'no sorry he just ain't a rock star'.

beggars belief!

Also i would love to see Dave back with them, but not if he has to share a stage with a fucking 13 year old kid! What the fuck is that all about?

Not rock and roll.
Ah well we still have our bootleg dvds .
There once was a band called Van Halen...............

You guys can find me here -
http://hometown.aol.co.uk/musictrading5673/myhomepage/rock.html

Katie UK

Seshmeister
11-25-2004, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by The Godfather
For the 80th show, it was as good as the first.

That made me laugh.

We all saw video of the first gig and it was a fucking farce even by Van Hagar standards.

DLR_EngineRoom
11-25-2004, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by The Godfather
Hey I hate Van Hagar and hope it's over but read this dudes concert review from tuscon!!

November 19, 2004 Tucson, AZ
WOW.....how can it be described? Van Halen rocked Tucson Friday night. For the 80th show, it was as good as the first. This was my 25th time seeing Van Halen in concert since 1978 and all I can say is that is was very memorable. For this concert, I made a Red, White and Black stripe VH poster that actually was held up by Sammy (and if anyone has a photo of it, please try to get me a copy of it please) and was autographed by everyone but Eddie. I would say one of my highlights was meeting Sue Anthony prior to the concert. She was very much a people person and even helped me in getting Mike's autograph on my poster.
The concert was great from start to finish, but just wish it wouldnt have ended. You could tell, that even after 80 shows the guys were still having fun on stage. I saw Van Halen in St Louis and Wolfgang came out and performed with Eddie during his solo. In Phoenix the next week, Wolfie wasnt anywhere to be found. But to end this tour, Wolfie emerged again to play along side Eddie, but the highlight would have to be when Wolfie came out and played with the entire band. They all surrounded Wolfie and showed support and he really looked like a real part of the band. Eddie was very emotional after the end of the song and really showed his love for his son.
Alex and Mike played awesome solos, as usual. Sammy showed that Cabo look with the lighted palm tree next to him on stage during his solo performance. The nicest thing about Sammy is that everything that was given to him, he took time out to autograph the item and return it to the owner. Thanks Sammy for acknowledging us.....
VAN HALEN, keep the DREAMS alive, RIGHT HERE,RIGHT NOW, because ITS ABOUT TIME you continue to keep your fans coming back for more and more for many years. Dont let this end.
Thank you goes out to Van Halen, for keeping the music alive; road crew for all the long hours that you put in; Van Halen family, for all the long hours that you have to deal apart from one another, the Tour Manager, for bring us the greatest shows and last would have to go out to Jerry (you know who you are).

David Williams

Which reminds me.....just a quick poll here....what's your favourite line from Mel Brooks' movie 'Blazing Saddles'??

I do recall a scene where the townspeople shout (in unison)
BULLSHIT!

Halen High
11-25-2004, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by katie
I have seen a boot vid from New Jersey, i belive it is Sam who produces the papers and pen to be signed etc.

He does this on his hands and knees while signing panama or Jump (can't remember off hand) He does this in a Roth song because as we all know he fucking hates signing Roth songs!

You have to see this footage to belive it, sad very very sad.

I remember when VH where a fucking COOL band! Then the red rocker arrived and spolit it all!

How they went from the top of the tree to the bottom just amazies me.

Could'nt any of the band back in 85 look at any rehersal footage and think 'no sorry he just ain't a rock star'.

beggars belief!

Also i would love to see Dave back with them, but not if he has to share a stage with a fucking 13 year old kid! What the fuck is that all about?

Not rock and roll.
Ah well we still have our bootleg dvds .
There once was a band called Van Halen...............

You guys can find me here -
http://hometown.aol.co.uk/musictrading5673/myhomepage/rock.html

Katie UK

Well said and welcome to the Roth Army!

I remember when VH were THE coolest band and it is hard to believe how much Eddie, Alex and Mike changed.

Okay Dave quit, but Sammy was an awful choice to replace him. The guy tries hard but he just can't pull it off. Extremely limited in terms of creativity and imagination in the studio. I think he was chosen because he has the vocal power to sing the power ballads Eddie was intent on doing, and because he presents no challenge to Eddie's authority in the studio or on stage. But Eddie, Alex and Mike over estimated themselves.

Without Dave they became 'Bland Halen' and today present no or very little interest to younger fans, even though a lot of kids these days are getting into other bands from the 70s and 80s like Kiss, ACDC etc.

Cool photo by the way!

Andertime
11-26-2004, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
That would be me...

Thankya very much...

LOL Elvis. I go there every once in a while to get a good laugh. I can't believe there are sheep out there who actually hate DLR. Because as we all know, David Lee Roth is Van Halen.

DavidLeeNatra
11-26-2004, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
That would be me...

Thankya very much...

man, I go places with just my face people wouldn't go with a gun... ;)

sometimes it's a hard job to be an undercover agent for the army...

POJO_Risin
11-26-2004, 11:37 AM
These are the same people that compared Cherone's album to THE BEATLES and LED ZEPPELIN!!!!

I'd go to the VHND and check it out...and post some of them here if I could find them...but I don't want to look through all of that shit...

I think you can judge it from the first comment...

This concert was as good as the first...lmfao...I don't know about you...but that seems to be code for it sucked from the start...

ELVIS
11-26-2004, 12:33 PM
~Ha!~

DaveIsaHasbeen
11-26-2004, 12:35 PM
It's not true.. If it was, some media outlet would've atleast mentioned it once.. newspapers take the time to mention that Van Halen "rocks and appreciative crowd" and what not.. If any of that was true, it would've gotten some kind of mention, but it didn't. A rock star broke a guitar.. big deal. it happens all the time. Keep dreaming bitches.. no more Roth in Van Halen,.... EVER.

DavidLeeNatra
11-26-2004, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by DaveIsaHasbeen
It's not true.. If it was, some media outlet would've atleast mentioned it once.. newspapers take the time to mention that Van Halen "rocks and appreciative crowd" and what not.. If any of that was true, it would've gotten some kind of mention, but it didn't. A rock star broke a guitar.. big deal. it happens all the time. Keep dreaming bitches.. no more Roth in Van Halen,.... EVER.

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=308454

DaveIsaHasbeen
11-26-2004, 01:13 PM
try again, unoriginal cunt

Atomic_Rob
11-26-2004, 01:27 PM

Fuck off

Switch84
11-26-2004, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=308454

:eek: Jesus! Look at that huge piece of SHITE! I'm not talkin' 'bout Spammy, either! No wonder Van Hagar sheep hang onto that fagdified version of the band; they're too fuckin' dweebish and ugly to be cool enough to dig ROTH!

BUWHAHAAHAHAHAAA!!!

DavidLeeNatra
11-26-2004, 07:24 PM
:D it was hard enough to get this pic...believe me

Switch84
11-26-2004, 07:32 PM
:D it was hard enough to get this pic...believe me

;) I believe it, Natra! I'm sure you had your cyber hip boots on when you waded through that sheep shit.

LMAO

DavidLeeNatra
11-26-2004, 07:54 PM

let me try again...( frank sinatra)

DavidLeeNatra
11-26-2004, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Switch84
;) I believe it, Natra! I'm sure you had your cyber hip boots on when you waded through that sheep shit.

LMAO

watch the new one... ;)

Switch84
11-26-2004, 08:06 PM
watch the new one... ;)

:uck: Ewwww! I just 'Up-chucked' my dinner......

DavidLeeNatra
11-26-2004, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Switch84
:uck: Ewwww! I just 'Up-chucked' my dinner......

now daveIsaHasbeen has a face...

Switch84
11-26-2004, 08:26 PM
now daveIsaHasbeen has a face...

:uck: No wonder he's bitter. Dave at 100 years old will look better than this shithead!

DavidLeeNatra
11-26-2004, 08:31 PM
could also be sam's long lost twin brother...

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=308916

Switch84
11-26-2004, 09:00 PM
could also be sam's long lost twin brother...

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=308916

:D Still atrocious, anyway you slice it, Natra Baby!

DLRdelight!
11-27-2004, 01:02 AM
If you want the truth about this just go to vhnd.com, and you will see for a fact that it was true