PDA

View Full Version : I just wanted to get this off my chest..I saw the Van Hagar reunion coming MILES away

RuzDNailz
11-28-2004, 05:53 AM
Fellas,

I've heard more than enough about the Van Hagar reunion and how disappointing it was, but I saw it coming from miles away! I USED to respect Sam Hagar until I read this interview in a guitar magazine.
Please read below, I know it's long but bear with me.

October 2002, I stopped over at the local 7-11 for a slurpee with some friends but decided to first check up on some boobie, car, and guitar magazines. This coincidently, was shortly after the Sam and Dave concert tour wrapped up in the states. I picked up this one magazine and it had Spammy on the cover with his sunglasses hanging off his
face while sipping a cocktail wiith a straw. It advertised the concert and
VH news so I was curious as to what he had to say. Cover looked pretty ridiculous, I might add.

People, I just want to say that Sam wasn't impressed JUST with DLR,
but with the fans themselves! He went on to not only bash Dave but also to criticize the turnouts also. But, what's this? He's hinting at a possible reunion with VH!

I can't really remember the name of the guitar magazine, but I can try to find it for you to back-up this thread. Here are some quotes from the magazine interview. Dave fans bite your tongue and read;

1. "David Lee Roth doesn't belong on tour with me. He belongs with bands such as 'Poison' and 'Motley Crue'.
2. "The guy can sing but he chooses not to. He puts on a blonde wig and jumps off the drum kit. The difference is, I was just performing my hits...HE was acting like he was IN VH." (what's wrong with that!)
3. *hmmm... didn't he bash eddie during those concerts?* "I don't hate or have bad feelings towards him at all. I picture us as being friends in the future." (I guess feelings change overnight)
4. "I'm not saying that I won't play with those guys (VH) again, but...."

Come on fellas what does that tell you? It was just a foreshadow of what was to come in the next year or so. After reading that article I realized that Sammy was worming his way back into Van Halen. Months after he was celebrating the fact that he became best friends with Mike Anthony and has meetings with AVH and is trying to get back in contact with EVH. Van Hagar reuinon? I wasn't surprised at all.

Switch84
11-28-2004, 06:03 AM
:rolleyes: This Roth Grrl isn't surprised by the Spamster's shadiness. That motherfucker cuntinues to look a gift horse in the mouth, and when it all goes down, he'll be seen as the cancer of a once mighty band. Spam is a worthless piece of shit and will ALWAYS be a worthless piece of shit!

Hagar helped turn a Bentley into an Aries K. FUCK HIM!

IT AIN'T VAN HALEN WITHOUT DAVID LEE ROTH!

Panamark
11-28-2004, 06:31 AM
Dont forget the gay video Spammy made around that time,
"reaching out" to Van Halen..

Spammy was bent over, cheeks spread and lubed..
It was always gonna happen.....

Its all about the fans, isnt it tubby ??

lms2
11-28-2004, 09:20 AM
Dude. That was a long time ago. This sham reunion could have been prevented had Dave and Ed been able to work things out...

Maybe they wanted to shoot for an even 20 years.

Switch84
11-29-2004, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by lms2
Maybe they wanted to shoot for an even 20 years.

;) Hmmm, Davy Baby's EMT training will come in handy when/if he works with Eddie again.

ROFLMAO!

Matt White
11-29-2004, 10:59 AM
DAVE should have been training as a brain surgeon if he plans on helping EVH. He could start by INSTALING one in EVH, that dolt.

katie
11-29-2004, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by RuzDNailz
Fellas,

2. "The guy can sing but he chooses not to. He puts on a blonde wig and jumps off the drum kit. The difference is, I was just performing my hits...HE was acting like he was IN VH." (what's wrong with that!)

HE IS FUCKING VAN HALEN!
HE PERSONAFIES WHAT VAN HALEN IS/WAS ALL ABOUT!
iN REALITY I HONESTLY THINK SAM WOULD REALLY LIKE TO HAVE THE CHARISMA THAT DAVE HAS.

HEY LOOK AT THE WAY DAVE USES THE STAGE - PRESENCE - SOMETHING YOU ARE BORN WITH SAM.
THIS IS ALL NATURAL, NOT ALL THAT FUCKING CATS SCREAMING SHIT THAT YOU PULL,
BTW SAW THE 2004 RE UNION BOOT DVD AND YOU LOOK TERRIBLE & LOST.

THE WORST THING YOU CAN GIVE SOMEONE IS YOUR PITY, SO I GIVE YOU MINE SAM I REALLY DO PITY YOU.

YOU SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED ON A STAGE LIKE THAT!

IN NJ HE LOOKED LIKE THE BASTARD SON OFF FATHER CHRISTMAS!
I STILL WAKE UP SCREAMING?

DLR IS VAN HALEN!
DEAL WITH IT MOTHERFUCKER!

Katie - UK

Mezro
11-29-2004, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by RuzDNailz
He puts on a blonde wig and jumps off the drum kit.

I hate Sam (everybody here knows that) but I will agree with the little troll on this one. The 2002 wig/hair rig was just beyond stupid.

Mezro...the current Dave hair looks much better than the shitty Halloween wig of old...

lms2
11-29-2004, 02:27 PM
Dave has aged nicely.

bueno bob
11-29-2004, 04:38 PM
Who is Sammy Hagar?

Sarge's Little Helper
Who is Sammy Hagar?

David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..

bueno bob
What, you mean Hagar was LYING??? No! Say it ain't so!! :rolleyes:

Halen High
11-29-2004, 10:57 PM
Hey Ims2, I agree Dave's new look is cool. Actually, I think he looks younger than he did four or five years ago.

I don't believe for a minute that Eddie ever wanted to work with Sammy again. But when it became obvious Dave wouldn't accept the brother's terms, Sammy, with a little advice and help from Mike, saw an opportunity and manipulated his way back in.

I wonder what he thinks now after the public slaying of the three new songs, poor sales for BOBW, abysmal ticket sales for the tour, and all the bad reviews of the band's live performances. I know he's made some money, but I bet in private he regrets doing it. All this reunion has achieved is to destroy Van Hagar's reputation (?), and further convince the general rock loving public that IT AIN'T VAN HALEN WITHOUT DAVID LEE ROTH!

katie
01-24-2005, 07:07 PM
As the great man once said "sammy is a singer & i am *THE* singer!"