X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • katie
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Nov 2004

Vh Record Contract

Does anyone have any idea what label will go sign VH?
    Is there any rumours out there as to what is happening?

As Fat stuff was on a wage for the tour do you think that Eddie will go for a solo deal this time?

I personally cannot see a major going for them as 1 They look like shit! 2 Old and 3 Hager cannot even control his own body weight!

Anyway anybody have any comments?

Katie - UK

PS - Do they still have that Daniels manager?
  • SoCalChelle
    Veteran
    • Jan 2004

Good lord, woman, where have you been? LOL
    Formerly Tormented VH Fan
    Facebook: Chelle Marley

Comment

• Rikk
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Re: Vh Record Contract

Originally posted by katie
      Does anyone have any idea what label will go sign VH?
      Is there any rumours out there as to what is happening?

As Fat stuff was on a wage for the tour do you think that Eddie will go for a solo deal this time?

I personally cannot see a major going for them as 1 They look like shit! 2 Old and 3 Hager cannot even control his own body weight!

Anyway anybody have any comments?

Katie - UK

PS - Do they still have that Daniels manager?
      They got rid of Danniels ages ago. They also got rid of their tour manager, Scotty Ross.

I once told that fatass to go fuck himself. LOL. In 1996, the week that it broke that Dave was out and Gary Cherone was in, I signed up to the Van Halen Mailing List and, in anger, I made a LONG post on why this line-up will fail and why Van Halen deserves to be left out in the cold by their fans. Scotty Ross posted a response, saying to me that what I said was bullshit, that the new line-up will be very successful and that I was full of "zeal". I then responded and told him to go fuck himself. Valerie was also posting at the time. She told me that I was full of it and I told her to fuck off and to tell her husband to shove his new music up his ass.

I've always enjoyed these memories. (Not really the works of a sheep, huh Guwapo?)
      Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
      Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• katie
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Nov 2004

Hi Rikk

Thanks for the info, you are a star!

Katie
        x

Comment

• SoCalChelle
          Veteran
          • Jan 2004

Anyways, in answer to your question, they're still with Warner Bros, but now Irving Azoff is their manager.
          Formerly Tormented VH Fan
          Facebook: Chelle Marley

Comment

• Rikk
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by SoCalChelle
            Anyways, in answer to your question, they're still with Warner Bros, but now Irving Azoff is their manager.
            Uh, Katie, let me correct Stalker Chelle here.

The Warner Bros. contract is still over. The BEST OF BOTH WORLDS was a one-off. The band were dropped in 2002 and haven't been officially resigned yet.

We'll see if Irving Azoff remains their manager if Sam leaves. As far as I know, he was only signed on as their manager for this tour.
            Roth Army Militia

Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Re: Re: Vh Record Contract

Originally posted by Rikk
              They got rid of Danniels ages ago. They also got rid of their tour manager, Scotty Ross.

I once told that fatass to go fuck himself. LOL. In 1996, the week that it broke that Dave was out and Gary Cherone was in, I signed up to the Van Halen Mailing List and, in anger, I made a LONG post on why this line-up will fail and why Van Halen deserves to be left out in the cold by their fans. Scotty Ross posted a response, saying to me that what I said was bullshit, that the new line-up will be very successful and that I was full of "zeal". I then responded and told him to go fuck himself. Valerie was also posting at the time. She told me that I was full of it and I told her to fuck off and to tell her husband to shove his new music up his ass.

I've always enjoyed these memories. (Not really the works of a sheep, huh Guwapo?)

"That was just uncalled for." --Signed Valerie Bertinelli

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Maybe Rhino records is available.

Comment

• Switch84
                  Veteran
                  • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Rikk
                  The Warner Bros. contract is still over. The BEST OF BOTH WORLDS was a one-off. The band were dropped in 2002 and haven't been officially resigned yet.

I KNEW IT! Warner Bros. might be interested in them if they get back the original line-up. They know where the money (and fanbase) is; that's why they released the VH6 remasters.

NUTHIN' BUT YEAH!
                  "He doesn't need to sell millions of records, he doesn't need to fill arenas, he doesn't need to be popular, he doesn't need your money, AND HE DOESN'T NEED YOU!"
                  Blackflag on DLR

Comment

• katie
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Nov 2004

I wonder if that best of was the last LP for that contract.
                    I mean if new music is made is the r/company going to give out big advances and spend alot on promotion etc?
                    BOBWs didn't do that well so i can't see how anything new will get the sales in.

Unless................

ROTH & ROLL!

Now that would would be something special!

Comment

• katie
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Nov 2004

I LOVE THIS SITE.
                      YOU GUYS FUCKING ROCK!
                      MANY THANKS
                      KATIE - UK

Comment

• RogueHorseman
                        Commando
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Switch84
                        I KNEW IT! Warner Bros. might be interested in them if they get back the original line-up. They know where the money (and fanbase) is; that's why they released the VH6 remasters.

NUTHIN' BUT YEAH!
                        Warner Brothers has always pushed for Dave's return, and would welcome it at any time. As I've said before, I think it has *something* to do with their knowledge of the fact that CVH has outsold van hagar by almost a 3:1 margin...

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Comment

• Rikk
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by katie
                          I LOVE THIS SITE.
                          YOU GUYS FUCKING ROCK!
                          MANY THANKS
                          KATIE - UK
                          Your welcome, Katie!
                          Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Has anyone been to the "official Van Halen" web site. I have, and I noticed that they have said nothing in regards to either the events surrounding the end of the tour nor the end of The Fleece the Sheep Tour 2004 itself. I find that interesting.

Shouldn't they at least have the standard thank you to the fans for the great tour yada yada, or we'll see you next year...NOTHING!

Comment

• Rikk
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                              Has anyone been to the "official Van Halen" web site. I have, and I noticed that they have said nothing in regards to either the events surrounding the end of the tour nor the end of The Fleece the Sheep Tour 2004 itself. I find that interesting.

Shouldn't they at least have the standard thank you to the fans for the great tour yada yada, or we'll see you next year...NOTHING!
                              They know they failed. And they have no idea what to say about the future of the band.

It's pathetic. The band does this shitty tour, and fans are STILL left out in the cold as to what's going on.
                              Roth Army Militia

Comment

Working...