PDA

View Full Version : Iron Maiden Not Touring U.S. Anymore?

bueno bob
12-01-2004, 10:42 PM
Read this over at BWBK...according to Nicko McBrain, who lives in the U.S., Iron Maiden may not be doing much (if any) touring in the U.S. in the future. As he put it, in a nutshell, "We don't like American's attitudes".

I take that to mean "We're not popular in the U.S. anymore, not really, so we'll probably be doing most of our touring in overseas markets because it's easier to sell South America crap that they'll go nuts over - just look at popular Manowar is down there..."

Well, fuck you very much, Maiden! :)

Vivian Campbell
12-01-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Read this over at BWBK...according to Nicko McBrain, who lives in the U.S., Iron Maiden may not be doing much (if any) touring in the U.S. in the future. As he put it, in a nutshell, "We don't like American's attitudes".

I take that to mean "We're not popular in the U.S. anymore, not really, so we'll probably be doing most of our touring in overseas markets because it's easier to sell South America crap that they'll go nuts over - just look at popular Manowar is down there..."

Silly me, I was just about to give Maiden a try. Oh well!

Will Bruce Dickinson at least sell his latest children's book here?

bueno bob
12-01-2004, 10:51 PM
I was kinda pissed about it, too. I remember seeing Bruce live with Adrian back in '97, Accident of Birth tour that was, and the audience (albeit small) was VERY warm and welcoming to him and the whole band...Bruce acted almost like he was pissed off at us the whole night, and even went so far as to tell somebody in the audience who grabbed his shoe that he'd "been fucked with twice already today, do yourself a favor and don't make yourself the third victim" or something like that...I thought it was really a ridiculous thing to say because the guy in the front row touches your shoe...

Always wanted to see Maiden live, but Bruce was outstanding on the AoB tour...and the material presented was a lot more outstanding than anything off of Brave New World or Dance of Death...guess I'll have to be happy with that.

Bill Lumbergh
12-02-2004, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob

Exactly Bob. They havent had much success here since the early 90's, record sales wise OR live. However, I think it's a pretty shitty move to spit in the faces of the hard core fans they do have here......Doesnt Nicko live in Florida?

Panamark
12-02-2004, 05:44 AM
Hey they dont say shit about us (OZ) but we never seem em either :)

bueno bob
12-02-2004, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
Doesnt Nicko live in Florida?

Yes, and he pointed that out during the quote...said he lived state-side, so it didn't matter to him either way, but as a rule "the band" didn't like American's attitudes towards them - which, in a nutshell, means they're probably going to do the Dance of Death-ish handful of American dates and stay overseas where they can look out on 60,000 people a night easily, and not have to be confronted with 2000 people a night in the U.S.

The more time that passes, the more bands seem to be going that way...I can think of a LOT of different acts I really like that just won't come to America anymore because it's no longer profitable for them.

Bill Lumbergh
12-02-2004, 12:42 PM
Yet Avril Fucking Lavine can sell out an arena here in my hometown. Nice.

High Life Man
12-02-2004, 03:20 PM
They'll be back with Priest next year. He's just talking out of his ass.

horty07
12-02-2004, 03:26 PM
I saw them On the Brave New World tour and they kicked Ass, Halford opened and it was a great show. Sadly the place was only a little over half full.

loss of fools
12-02-2004, 06:46 PM
from what iv read maiden are taking quite a few years out. chances are they will be back with a world tour.

rustoffa
12-02-2004, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by High Life Man

I agree.

Panamark
12-03-2004, 04:10 AM
Originally posted by High Life Man

That would be a cool show !

Mr Badguy
12-03-2004, 05:01 AM
You Yanks don`t have much to complain about, really.

Hardly any bands come to Scotland.

Even when they do, it`s with a scaled back show.

Diver Down NJ
12-07-2004, 11:40 AM
They're just pissy because American fans didn't want to shell out big bucks on their last tour to hear mostly songs from the 2 latest albums. Yes, guys, we DO want to hear Run to the Hills for the 8 billionth time, and not more stuff from your mediocre reunion albums.