PDA

View Full Version : americans

franksters
12-03-2004, 09:21 AM
I go to the state frequently and I alway wonder why the people always say things like ''we are americans or this is america''

hey you are not alone AMERICA is a CONTINENT not a country...

BigBadBrian
12-03-2004, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by franksters
I go to the state frequently and I alway wonder why the people always say things like ''we are americans or this is america''

YOU are not an American. You are a Canadian. Yes, you live in North America. That does not make you an American. Geography/Citizenry lesson over.

Dumbass.

:gulp:

Vivian Campbell
12-03-2004, 03:56 PM

He's right.

Canada will always be our 51st State.

Ally_Kat
12-03-2004, 03:58 PM

Do I have to teach you again?

Dude, when people say America they are using the short form of United States of America. United States of America is the full form of the name with United States, the States, and America being nicknames of sorts for the country. Citizens within the country are not called Statians, or Uniteds. They are called Americans.

North America is a continent. South America is a continent. When people refer to these two continents, they call them the Americas. When the refer to only one of them, they do not say America. They say either North or South America.

Your argument shows that you are just not understanding the language :D

Ally_Kat
12-03-2004, 04:03 PM
Ford, I move that you close this because this is a dupe thread. He states this post almost exactly in his other thread. No need to reiterate it in a different one since the discussion is within that thread.

And I also ask to clsoe this because this is similar to other such spam posters you do not tolerate like Den, madvibe (not sure on exact name but I know you know who I am talking about) and JCOOK, to point out a few. I don't think it is fair to leave open these multiple discussions while the others have to have them closed.