PDA

View Full Version : Sheep Pen Belongs In The Main

VH LINKS SUCKS
12-03-2004, 01:33 PM
Much like CLassic VH, this thread is now legendary in it's own right!

We need this thread back in the MAIN where it belongs!

David Lee Roth
12-03-2004, 01:34 PM
Diamond Dave thinks this is GREAT idea!

Let's make that change guys!

Golden AWe
12-03-2004, 04:53 PM
naah...change the places of "the main" and the dump

the dump is the real "main" here

Ally_Kat
12-03-2004, 09:34 PM
This is my offical statement on it all --

With all due respect to everyone complaining in Feedback and to the threads originators, I don't see any real Dave/VH connection. I just spent a good deal of time scanning the thread. There's no debates with the inducted Sheep about how better Dave is. The inducted Sheep get a nickname, some fictional backstory, their personality and intelligence insulted, and a whole slew of photoshoped and random images off the web are posted. It's like one giant Katydid thread. Honestly. It's not about Dave, but about the posters at a Dave site.

Reading it, I was kinda suprised it stayed in Main for so long. Again, no offense, but it does read like something you would see in the dump. Not that I'm going to move it there anytime soon, or, right now, to Main either for that matter.

I will say I like how everyone is being toothache-inducing sweet to me with hopes of me having sympathy and moving it back. :D

Nickdfresh
12-03-2004, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
This is my offical statement on it all --

With all due respect to everyone complaining in Feedback and to the threads originators, I don't see any real Dave/VH connection. I just spent a good deal of time scanning the thread. There's no debates with the inducted Sheep about how better Dave is. The inducted Sheep get a nickname, some fictional backstory, their personality and intelligence insulted, and a whole slew of photoshoped and random images off the web are posted. It's like one giant Katydid thread. Honestly. It's not about Dave, but about the posters at a Dave site.

Reading it, I was kinda suprised it stayed in Main for so long. Again, no offense, but it does read like something you would see in the dump. Not that I'm going to move it there anytime soon, or, right now, to Main either for that matter.

I will say I like how everyone is being toothache-inducing sweet to me with hopes of me having sympathy and moving it back. :D

Yeah so? Your point is? When does it go back to the main?

Rikk
12-03-2004, 09:41 PM

No, Ally, I've been nice to you because I thought you've been cool about it. Nothing to do with kissing your ass.

I already know, if anyone's going to move it, it's not going to be you. That's not an insult or anything. I just mean that it would be someone else that would move it.

No offense to everyone involved, but justifying this shit is feeling really retarded. All I know is the thread is rooted in Dave-haters, we spend most of our time dealing with Dave-haters. And if we have to continually justify its existence even though its brought a ton of fucking traffic to this-here website, then close the damn thing. The sad thing is, these days, I pose there less than the other Pen admins. But anytime anyone has a personal issue with me, they suddenly jump out with the CLOSE THE PEN demands. That seems to be the one time more than ever that it's brought up. And until this week, I didn't take it seriously. But the hell was the Pen less on-topic this week than in the past? During the period of time when the Pen was just the outlet for certain personal attacks, it was made clear that the Pen wasn't going anywhere. So, why this week?

This whole thing is just starting to smell too much like the kind of place the Army wasn't supposed to be.

Nickdfresh
12-03-2004, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Rikk

This whole thing is just starting to smell too much like the kind of place the Army wasn't supposed to be.

This is certainly not what I signed up for. I've been here two months and have seen an enormous change in that time. And it is not for the better.:(

Ally_Kat
12-03-2004, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Rikk
No, Ally, I've been nice to you because I thought you've been cool about it. Nothing to do with kissing your ass.

Rikk! Jesus Christ, again you take something that was not aimed at you and think I was talking specifically about you.

Chill out.

Have you been PMing me telling me how great and sexy I am and asking me what the chances of doing you a favor and moving the Pen back? Have you been emailing me saying how you've loved me since the day you've joined the board and hope that because you're such an avid fan of mine that I'll move the thread back, and that you'll do whatever I ask in return if I happen to? Have you been hitting me up on AIM making small chat and trying to seduce me and then convince me the thread needs to go back into main?

No, you're not. So it wasn't aimed at you. The people who it is about know who they are if they read this.

Seriously Rikk, you come off as paranoid when you do this. Why do you think that I always mean you?

Nickdfresh
12-03-2004, 09:52 PM
Rikk! Jesus Christ, again you take something that was not aimed at you and think I was talking specifically about you.

Chill out.

Have you been PMing me telling me how great and sexy I am and asking me what the chances of doing you a favor and moving the Pen back? Have you been emailing me saying how you've loved me since the day you've joined the board and hope that because you're such an avid fan of mine that I'll move the thread back, and that you'll do whatever I ask in return if I happen to? Have you been hitting me up on AIM making small chat and trying to seduce me and then convince me the thread needs to go back into main?

No, you're not. So it wasn't aimed at you. The people who it is about know who they are if they read this.

Seriously Rikk, you come off as paranoid when you do this. Why do you think that I always mean you?

Does that mean you won't go out with me and the threads not going back to the main?:D

lms2
12-03-2004, 09:53 PM
LMAO....

Maybe being a mod does have its perks. :D

Ally_Kat
12-03-2004, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Does that mean you won't go out with me and the threads not going back to the main?:D

Well, if you happen to pick up that pony we discussed... :p

Besides, we have a roadtrip we still need to do ;)

Nickdfresh
12-03-2004, 10:00 PM
Well, if you happen to pick up that pony we discussed... :p

Besides, we have a roadtrip we still need to do ;)

Ya', where has DaveIsaHasBeen, OU812&BALANCE, Diamond Den, Denny anyways? He is just a compulsive tool! I don't even need the IP! I can tell it's him.

Ally_Kat
12-03-2004, 10:08 PM
Ya sure hun? I mean, Daveisahasbeen doesn't remind me of Den. Den's more of a Zappa and panda freak.

Nickdfresh
12-03-2004, 10:35 PM
Ya sure hun? I mean, Daveisahasbeen doesn't remind me of Den. Den's more of a Zappa and panda freak.

Yeah, I guess your right, when he started out he sounded like OU812&BALANCE which definitely was Den. But as I've read the posts, he seems marginally more creative then Denny Douchebag!

Ally_Kat
12-03-2004, 10:38 PM
I'm thinking Den either (finally) got a job, got arrested, or got shipped back. Or his IP addy was banned. Either one :D

But something tells me we haven't heard the last of him.

Rikk
12-03-2004, 10:44 PM

You're absolutely right. I guess I shouldn't have taken that as you.

Apologies. No worries.

tjvhou812
12-03-2004, 10:46 PM
does it seem cold in here to you

Dave's PA Rental
12-03-2004, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by tjvhou812
does it seem cold in here to you

1500 posts and counting...

scottydabodi
12-04-2004, 02:42 AM
I'm going to go on record once again in favor of The Sheep Pen being in the Main forum. Roth HardCores all agree, Main or the Grave!!!

lms2
12-04-2004, 08:51 AM
I disagree with Scotti that Roth hardcores agree. Thats an overgeneralization.

Vivian Campbell
12-04-2004, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Golden AWe
naah...change the places of "the main" and the dump

the dump is the real "main" here

All hail the Deputy of Funland! Seriously, the best poster on this board and hitting the nail on the head lately.

http://mailer.fsu.edu/~akirk/tanks/finland/Finland-WP-a.jpg

Ally_Kat
12-04-2004, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by lms2

I wonder if it makes me less of a Roth fan then? :D

Fabulous Shadow
12-04-2004, 05:34 PM

Oh yes, Rikk is ALWAYS sweet as sugar when he WANTS something.
The Pen is a breeding ground for user abuse at the expense of a MOD and his followers. I think it's dispicable and has NO PLACE on a ROTH site period. Just MO...

Fabulous Shadow
12-04-2004, 05:36 PM
I wonder if it makes me less of a Roth fan then? :D

Honestly, I hardly doubt THIS is the kind of thing Dave would promote. He's a humanitarian, I hardly think he'd want people's moral beaten to a pulp for having a different opinion than the majority.

The pen fell off track long ago. It simply became a concentration camp for picking on other users.

scottydabodi
12-04-2004, 06:11 PM

Well, many RothHardCores agree...

Bill Lumbergh
12-05-2004, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by Fabulous Shadow
Honestly, I hardly doubt THIS is the kind of thing Dave would promote. He's a humanitarian, I hardly think he'd want people's moral beaten to a pulp for having a different opinion than the majority.

The pen fell off track long ago. It simply became a concentration camp for picking on other users.

Yeah you're right, it isnt done in fun. We are just looking to bash people and promote ourselves........ :rolleyes: I guess we need to go back to the days when you were the focus of every thread, boy was that a good time!

MAX
12-05-2004, 01:06 AM
The Pen is a breeding ground for user abuse at the expense of a MOD and his followers.

Hey Fab,

I don't know if you made this post before our Holiday truce or not but I rarely post in the pen. I stepped down many miles back so it could get on course and I think the guys that run it are both stellar individuals and do a phenominal job.

Fabulous Shadow
12-05-2004, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by MAX
Hey Fab,

I don't know if you made this post before our Holiday truce or not but I rarely post in the pen. I stepped down many miles back so it could get on course and I think the guys that run it are both stellar individuals and do a phenominal job.

Yes, the post was made before the eggnog was poured. I have no probs with anyone in the pen anymore... Except, well, ya know... :o

MAX
12-05-2004, 02:06 AM
Cool beans.

Nickdfresh
12-05-2004, 10:00 AM
Oh yes, Rikk is ALWAYS sweet as sugar when he WANTS something.
The Pen is a breeding ground for user abuse at the expense of a MOD and his followers. I think it's dispicable and has NO PLACE on a ROTH site period. Just MO...

So, how do you really feel Fab? No...no, don't hide your true antagonistic feelings, just let it all out! Do you fell better now?....Good!;)

First it didn't belong in the Main, and now it's rife with abuse for MOD and his followers and should be deleted. GROW UP control freak!

Maybe we should elect you to the commemorative 'Just a Gigolo' Censorship board.:confused:

Nickdfresh
12-05-2004, 10:05 AM

Whoa! Those are some serious accusations. Trivializing concentration camps is highly offensive in some quarters.

FABULOUS SHADOW=DRAMA QUEEN

By the way, did you actually read the post by Dave? He said he was upset and disappointed it was moved. I don't think he would be happy with sheep running on his fan site defaming him with their lies!

Fabulous Shadow
12-05-2004, 03:46 PM
Whoa! Those are some serious accusations. Trivializing concentration camps is highly offensive in some quarters.

FABULOUS SHADOW=DRAMA QUEEN

By the way, did you actually read the post by Dave? He said he was upset and disappointed it was moved. I don't think he would be happy with sheep running on his fan site defaming him with their lies!

Uhhh UH... That is the REAL DLR... :rolleyes:

Here's the skinny anyway... I really don't care where the pen goes. I don't follow the thread anyway. In all honesty, my reason for wanting it moved and liking it moved was more a personal thing against Rikk and my being angry with him recently. I guess that's not fair to the rest of the guys there and the people who enjoy it. I've posted my personal opinion on the thread and it's nature and I stand by that, but like I said, I really dont care one way or the other. That said... I'll go in and vote to move it back to main, simply to wash out my previous vote to keep it in non.

SheepPenInMain
12-05-2004, 03:54 PM
Ok...all done. My votes are oficially a WASH.
Fab~

Nickdfresh
12-05-2004, 04:22 PM
And certain people were asking me if my user CP was an alias.:rolleyes:

Nickdfresh
12-05-2004, 04:35 PM
Uhhh UH... That is the REAL DLR... :rolleyes:

Here's the skinny anyway... I really don't care where the pen goes. I don't follow the thread anyway. In all honesty, my reason for wanting it moved and liking it moved was more a personal thing against Rikk and my being angry with him recently. I guess that's not fair to the rest of the guys there and the people who enjoy it. I've posted my personal opinion on the thread and it's nature and I stand by that, but like I said, I really dont care one way or the other. That said... I'll go in and vote to move it back to main, simply to wash out my previous vote to keep it in non.

Rumor has it, the real Dave posts here once in a while.

Katydid
12-05-2004, 05:07 PM

Don't ever make the mistake of going out with him Ally Kat...He'll worry you to death then.

Nickdfresh
12-05-2004, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Katydid
Don't ever make the mistake of going out with him Ally Kat...He'll worry you to death then.

Shut up you troll!

See Ally, you have to do the opposite of what idiot tells you! :D

MAX
12-05-2004, 05:30 PM

;)

lms2
12-05-2004, 05:47 PM

That rumor is old. Start a new one Nick... who does he post as????

Rikk
12-05-2004, 06:09 PM

Uh...David Lee Roth.;)

lms2
12-05-2004, 06:14 PM
Prove it. :D

MAX
12-05-2004, 06:19 PM

A select few do actually know.......... ;)

lms2
12-05-2004, 06:25 PM
Thats what I have heard anwyay.

Nickdfresh
12-05-2004, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by MAX
A select few do actually know.......... ;)

Gimme this hint at least--

DLR posts as an identity one would not normally associate with the image of Dave?:confused:

Fabulous Shadow
12-06-2004, 01:19 AM
It's Rikk... ;)

lms2
12-06-2004, 01:24 AM
No, no, no....

Who does David Lee Roth post as.... Not who posts as David Lee Roth?!

scottydabodi
12-06-2004, 02:01 AM
No, no, no....

Who does David Lee Roth post as.... Not who posts as David Lee Roth?!

THIS COFFEE STUFF IS GREAT!!!!! HAHA!!!

Nickdfresh
12-06-2004, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by scottydabodi
THIS COFFEE STUFF IS GREAT!!!!! HAHA!!!

I knew IT!!!

"Izz zit yoou???"

Vivian Campbell
12-09-2004, 06:59 AM
Gimme this hint at least--

DLR posts as an identity one would not normally associate with the image of Dave?:confused:

You guessed it: Katydid!!

lms2
12-09-2004, 04:22 PM
LMAO... that would be too much!

Nickdfresh
12-09-2004, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Vivian Campbell
You guessed it: Katydid!! :D