PDA

View Full Version : School Bus Driver Fired Over Stem Cell Talk

Ally_Kat
12-03-2004, 02:14 PM
School Bus Driver Fired Over Stem Cell Talk

NEW YORK (Reuters) - A school bus driver who chatted about stem cell research with her pupils was fired for inappropriate behavior, a local newspaper said on Thursday.

Stem cell research was a divisive issue in the November U.S. presidential election. Supporters say it may eventually help people with conditions such as Alzheimer's and cancer but opponents argue it would be unethical when it involves cloning human embryos or harvesting cells from embryos.

The Buffalo News said Julianne Thompson, 42, was fired from her job in Grand Island, New York after parents complained about her discussing the issue with pupils on Nov. 1 -- the day before the presidential election.

Thompson told the newspaper she had read an interview where movie director Mel Gibson said more than 20 years of embryonic stem cell research had not cured any diseases but more than 300,000 cures had been found with adult stem cells. She said she then shared the stated facts with the pupils, without offering her opinions.

"In the midst of all the misplaced outrage, is the story of the sad and disturbing success of a fraudulent social 'conscience' that devalues life in favor of demonstrably failed science, wasting billions of dollars in the process," she was quoted as saying.

Education authorities in the town were not immediately available for comment but the paper quoted schools Superintendent Thomas Ramming as saying employees were not allowed to discuss political issues with students.

"You can say anything you want as a private citizen when you are off duty," Ramming said.

Ally_Kat
12-03-2004, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat

Education authorities in the town were not immediately available for comment but the paper quoted schools Superintendent Thomas Ramming as saying employees were not allowed to discuss political issues with students.

"You can say anything you want as a private citizen when you are off duty," Ramming said.

If this is so, I have some employees that they might be interested in.

Phil theStalker
12-03-2004, 02:23 PM
In America there are employment laws. If there is no bus driver's union the driver is a member of they can and will get a lawyer and sue the employer.

It happens all the time, unfortunately.

Hey, Kennedy was shot in the street. Shit happens all the time.

P

horty07
12-03-2004, 02:29 PM
Sounds as if she was answering a question with facts she read in a paper. How does this constitute it as beeing a political issue?

Phil theStalker
12-03-2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by horty07
Sounds as if she was answering a question with facts she read in a paper. How does this constitute it as beeing a political issue?
Yeh, you can bring gun magazines to work and read them.

Yeh, some asshole will think they can fire you for it and do it.

Yeh, if you don't have a union or your union cannot prevail there are always the courts and plenty of lawyers ready for this kind of stuff.

Don't waste your breath.

Be glad it's not happening to you right now.

There's plenty of this going around for you.

It's another, "I have the right to fire." Drunk with power individual.

If this made the media there will be a lawsuit.

If this was a legal termination at all you wouldn't have even heard of it.

So obviously this is an illegal termination of employment and the media has noticed this. What the individual does is up to the individual.

Even a bus driver with a GED knows that if their employment plight makes it to the media they should get a lawyer.

And they will.

Don't waste your breath.

It's an illegal termination.

It' happens all the time.

It doesn't get in the newspapers all the time.

Only when it's ILLEGAL would the media cover it.

The media's not the courts.

Only the court's (or unions) can enforce employment rights, not a media.

If you want something to talk about let's talk about that little girl who had both of her arms before the U.S. assault on Fallujah and now has blown off bloody stumps.

Oh, SHE'S GOING TO THANK ME AS AN AMERICAN TAXPAYER FOR THAT THE REST OF HER LIFE...IF SHE LIVES.

There are lots of dead kids.

The U.S. government said a day after the election (why not the day before the election) that there have been 100,000 civilian casualties.

That's what I want to do with my tax wishes.

I've always wanted that.

It's really shocking how the country or the media hasn't fastened on that offical U.S. government quote.

Silence, nothing but silence, because they're so embarrassed.

P

Phil theStalker
12-03-2004, 02:49 PM
I'm sick.

I'm sick of the cowards in this country America.

I'm sick of the cowards letting Tony Blair being the jester bringing along all the UK cowards and use their tax money up, even though the U.S. has got 150,000+ on the ground and the next biggest force is the Big British with about...what now...7,000-8,000 troops.

Yeh, that's a friend and a commitment, isn't it.

We're out there alone, folks.

Civil war or lose it all in your lifetimes.

P

Mezro
12-03-2004, 03:14 PM
School Bus Driver Fired Over Stem Cell Talk

NEW YORK (Reuters) - A school bus driver who chatted about stem cell research with her pupils was fired for inappropriate behavior, a local newspaper said on Thursday.

Ah yes, let's fire a well read school bus driver:rolleyes:

Mezro...extra shifts for the dumb ones...motor them kids home Jethro...

Phil theStalker
12-03-2004, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Mezro
Ah yes, let's fire a well read school bus driver:rolleyes:

Mezro...extra shifts for the dumb ones...motor them kids home Jethro...

haha

LOL

I needed the laugh.

P

Ally_Kat
12-03-2004, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Phil theStalker

P

Section 2385. Advocating overthrow of Government

Whoever knowingly or willfully advocates, abets, advises, or
teaches the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of
overthrowing or destroying the government of the United States or
the government of any State, Territory, District or Possession
thereof, or the government of any political subdivision therein, by
force or violence, or by the assassination of any officer of any
such government; or
Whoever, with intent to cause the overthrow or destruction of any
such government, prints, publishes, edits, issues, circulates,
sells, distributes, or publicly displays any written or printed
matter advocating, advising, or teaching the duty, necessity,
desirability, or propriety of overthrowing or destroying any
government in the United States by force or violence, or attempts
to do so; or
Whoever organizes or helps or attempts to organize any society,
group, or assembly of persons who teach, advocate, or encourage the
overthrow or destruction of any such government by force or
violence; or becomes or is a member of, or affiliates with, any
such society, group, or assembly of persons, knowing the purposes
thereof -
Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than
twenty years, or both, and shall be ineligible for employment by
the United States or any department or agency thereof, for the five
years next following his conviction.
If two or more persons conspire to commit any offense named in
this section, each shall be fined under this title or imprisoned
not more than twenty years, or both, and shall be ineligible for
employment by the United States or any department or agency
thereof, for the five years next following his conviction.
As used in this section, the terms ''organizes'' and
''organize'', with respect to any society, group, or assembly of
persons, include the recruiting of new members, the forming of new
units, and the regrouping or expansion of existing clubs, classes,
and other units of such society, group, or assembly of persons.

Nickdfresh
12-03-2004, 03:25 PM
Grand Island is truly an island of it's own and is notorious for it's "problems" over the years (like a hate crime for instance committed a few years ago where a bunch of upper-middle classed Hitler youth high school seniors decided to beat up a black resident for daring to live near them)!

Nothing like a complaining parent to make a superintendent jump like a rag doll puppet! Blame the stupid parents that have way too much NEGATIVE influence through their complaining about every little bullshit thing, yet many of whom hardly ever show positive influence by getting involved in their local PTA, or supporting educational initiatives.

Phil theStalker
12-03-2004, 03:42 PM
Section 2385. Advocating overthrow of Government

Whoever knowingly or willfully advocates...

GEORGE WASHINGTON

THOMAS JEFFERSON

SAMUEL ADAMS

BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

BETSY ROSS

AND A HOST OF OTHERS.

ALL CRIMINALS.

TELL THIS OVERTHROW REASONING TO THEM, LITTLE FACIST.
I'm sure that would scare George Washington. If we only told old George and all his fighting brothers all of this...oh my GAWD !

I'm only reporting the news, babe.

Call your Nazi friends at, er, it's that word the German's used before WW II, and their "preemptive" war on Poland, HOMELAND...call "homeyland Suckurity," fascist babe.

My family and I have always fought and worked hard for this country, and you don't know what freedom, war, and life is all about.

You're a little kid, even when you turn 21, because there is a 51 year old hillbilly who will shoot you and your "foreign asset" friends with no problem.

Hey, just like Washington did it.

Go away with your threats and fears, little girl.

I'm not going to prison.

There's going to be a civil war, and that's why all the big city police are doing extra target practice for. But the police can't stop or fight a civil war.

We'll need your friends. We'll need your President's "foreign assets." Your President and his PNAC group have it all planned.

I'm not going to prison.

You and your little post don't scare me.

And that kind of law of overthrow against the King or the state has always been around in history.

I'm advocating taking "back" the government, sweet totalitarian slime you are.

Taking "back" authority of a state from criminals is not overthrowing the state. It's overthrowing the criminals.

Your young mind can't see that and a host of other "George Washington" thoughts.

And, you're a woman. I don't care if that's sexist. Shut the fuck up.

When this war comes, when this breakdown of society around the globe comes, when this war comes, you will be a woman following behind some man, probably your father.

I hope you see the light and the reality of life, little woman.

Life in the real world's not like your life in America. When the collapse comes you will be put back in your historical place in history as a second class citizen to the male with the weapon and his penis. (sic)

You will cook, you will nurse, and you will get fucked for sex. You will get pregnant. Maybe with your President's "foreign assets" child after he rapes you.

Just like in the past for thousands of years.

Just like you have for all time.

Your life in America is an illusion.

And it's only because of talk, action, and the deeds of men like George Washington and me that you have anything at all in this anti-woman world and world history.

But you don't know that yet.

You can always reload your dad's gun. But I don't think your dad's going to fight. I think you are just going to post overthrow threats on a board and get caught with your knickers down when the day comes.

Mark my words.

It will come in a day.

P

Ally_Kat
12-03-2004, 03:51 PM
You have no right to talk about my father

And there's no civil war. Yawn.

Phil theStalker
12-03-2004, 03:55 PM
You have no right to talk about my father

And there's no civil war. Yawn.
You're right. Your dad's not posting here, you are. Sorry, pops.:)

=PtS=
:spank:

Warham
12-03-2004, 06:40 PM
Phil, if the civil war doesn't come tomorrow, does that mean you won't post here anymore? Or does it mean you will continue to be a cunt who posts meaningless nonsense?

Seshmeister
12-03-2004, 08:28 PM
I'm sick.

I'm sick of the cowards letting Tony Blair being the jester bringing along all the UK cowards and use their tax money up, even though the U.S. has got 150,000+ on the ground and the next biggest force is the Big British with about...what now...7,000-8,000 troops.

P

I don't see how politicians putting soldiers into a stupid shitty situation makes people cowards?

Over a million took to the streets here which is unheard of. I guess in your world we should have bought illegal weapons and started shooting unarmed govenment workers? Tha would have been brave.

Are you an anarchist Phil?

Because I've met a few in my day and the funniest thing about political anarchists is that they would be the first put against the wall and shot if there ever was anarchy.

Also I think from memory it's about 10% of both countries armed forces .

Cheers!

:gulp:

Phil theStalker
12-03-2004, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
I don't see how politicians putting soldiers into a stupid shitty situation makes people cowards?

Over a million took to the streets here which is unheard of. I guess in your world we should have bought illegal weapons and started shooting unarmed govenment workers? Tha would have been brave.

Are you an anarchist Phil?

Because I've met a few in my day and the funniest thing about political anarchists is that they would be the first put against the wall and shot if there ever was anarchy.

Also I think from memory it's about 10% of both countries armed forces .

Cheers!

:gulp:
ahh..this is the kind of meaty replies I like.

Sesh, you've always been kewl;)

=PtS=

PS Peeps from Europe post the best shit.

Phil theStalker
12-03-2004, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Warham
Phil, if the civil war doesn't come tomorrow, does that mean you won't post here anymore? Or does it mean you will continue to be a cunt who posts meaningless nonsense?
I dunno.

franksters
12-04-2004, 07:53 PM
I'm sick.

you said it CIVIL WAR that' what the usa need!
badly..

P

Warham
12-05-2004, 09:57 AM
I dunno.

Damn...