X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steve Savicki
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Democrat Christine Gregoire in Washington seeks full recount

FORD, I hope the recount is in your favor.
    sigpic
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I hope it will be. The Busheep/Rossisheep are really nervous up here. You wouldn't believe the hate they're spewing.

Chris Gregoire wasn't my first choice for governor, but she's not fucking around here. She's asked for a full recount of the whole state. Nothing more, nothing less. And anyone who has a problem with that obviously doesn't care about democracy in the first place.

On the other hand, if Rossi should win and make things intolerable here, my next governor vote might be for Janet
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nickdfresh
      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Has anyone ever thought of implementing a mechanism of a "RUN OFF" election into the American political landscape for any elections closer than a 3% difference in the vote count?

Don't a lot of foreign democracies have this as a mandatory secondary election phase?

Comment

• BigBadBrian
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
        Has anyone ever thought of implementing a mechanism of a "RUN OFF" election into the American political landscape for any elections closer than a 3% difference in the vote count?

Don't a lot of foreign democracies have this as a mandatory secondary election phase?
        This is a possible solution, but I think the American electorate would be highly pissed at the thought of having to vote twice in this day and age.
        “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I think a runoff would actually be a reasonable solution in this case. Especially if they do it like they do in Louisiana, and hold the election on Saturday.

I have a feeling that would solve the problem, and that's why Chris Dunce and the Republicans would never support such an idea
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Working...