PDA

View Full Version : For Those About To Rock...

DeadOrAlive
12-03-2004, 07:57 PM
ACDC is great! What do you think is their best album? Best songs? Best song...?

rustoffa
12-03-2004, 08:40 PM
Powerage is my personal fave.

It's kinda like the "sleeper" AC/DC record...."Gone shootin"..."what's next to the moon"....

"Riff Raff" is one grate motherfucking rock and roll song.

The whole record is solid beginning to end, not to take away from any other Bon-era recordings, it's just my personal choice.

Keith Richards has cited it as well.

I'm gonna go get it....

Thanks DOA!

Seshmeister
12-03-2004, 09:07 PM
Back in black.

DeadOrAlive
12-03-2004, 10:11 PM
Back in Black. Great album dude!!

TLR
12-03-2004, 10:15 PM
Anything AC/DC rocks your ass off...

DeadOrAlive
12-03-2004, 10:25 PM
TLR, a big "5" coming your way!

FORD
12-03-2004, 10:52 PM
http://cover6.cduniverse.com/msiart/large/0000280/0000280051.jpg

TLR
12-03-2004, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by DeadOrAlive
TLR, a big "5" coming your way!

Back atcha', DOA...

Panamark
12-04-2004, 02:40 AM
Its a strange one. I love every album with Bon. Too many favorites
to list here.. But Back In Black is a kick ass album..
I guess they had something to prove...

Ride on, Ride on

DeadOrAlive
12-04-2004, 02:19 PM
Thanks TLR!! Back in Black is in my top 10...

Nickdfresh
12-04-2004, 03:50 PM
I listen to their "Live" compilation. Great workout music.

singerman
12-04-2004, 11:25 PM
its strange...but what ever band i get into...i always i mean ALWAYS have the biggest smile when i crank up an AC/DC album!.....what a band eh?.....the best music always has the most basic structure....simple....but very addictive riffs!!!!

Don Corleone
12-05-2004, 04:18 AM
AC/DC, great band, cool guys. Brian is actually a friend of my family (staight up, him and my dad know each other from way back), I've even joined them for a beer on the odd occasion.

Panamark
12-05-2004, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by Don Corleone
AC/DC, great band, cool guys. Brian is actually a friend of my family (staight up, him and my dad know each other from way back), I've even joined them for a be
er on the odd occasion.

You da man Don !!

Pickup any good stories from the guys???

Don Corleone
12-05-2004, 08:15 AM
A few descent one's. Alot of the time my dad and Brian talk about the past (old bands, how people are doing), but on the occasion I got to meet Angus I fired a question in about a guy called Eddie Van Halen (I got one cool response as well)

nosuchluck
12-05-2004, 02:24 PM
well?? what was it??

aesop
12-05-2004, 03:50 PM
AC/DC, great band, cool guys. Brian is actually a friend of my family (staight up, him and my dad know each other from way back), I've even joined them for a beer on the odd occasion.

That's cool as hell, Don. I met Brian a few times in Ft. Myers when he used to have an appartment in the Lani Kai right on the beach!! That was back when the beach was cool, though...

bueno bob
12-05-2004, 04:42 PM
I liked everything up to "Back in Black"; after that I can pretty much survive without any of it...just me.

loss of fools
12-05-2004, 06:25 PM
dirty deeds or high voltage are my favs. my fav song has to be rock n roll singer being that im a singer in band and that so realy says it all.

aesop
12-05-2004, 06:34 PM
Gimme A Bullet. Perfect lyrics, perfect song, perfect Bon Scott.

http://www.geocities.com/bonfireband/bon3.JPG

:rockit2: :killer: :rockit2:

WACF
12-05-2004, 07:18 PM
Highway to Hell is one of my favorites...Back in Black would be second.

aesop
12-05-2004, 11:54 PM
BTW - Check out Angus' hair in the Bon pic above. What's up with THAT?

Panamark
12-06-2004, 02:44 AM
A few descent one's. Alot of the time my dad and Brian talk about the past (old bands, how people are doing), but on the occasion I got to meet Angus I fired a question in about a guy called Eddie Van Halen (I got one cool response as well)

Geez, leave us hanging why dont ya !! :)

I remember hearing Angus say that EVH was good if you enjoyed
listening to finger exercises. Was it along those lines ??

DLR7884
12-06-2004, 09:49 AM
Highway to Hell is their best album, because each song kicks ass and is unique in it's own way.

Dirty Deeds....is bad ass.

Powerage...is underrated.

High Voltage....rocks.

DLR7884
Anything w/Bon Scott rocks.

Wayne L.
12-06-2004, 12:34 PM
AC/DC is one of the greatest rock bands of all time with few equals while my favorite albums would have to be Back In Black, Highway To Hell & their live album If You Want Blood, You Got It. My favorite rock classics by AC/DC would have to be Whole Lotta Rosie, Walk All Over You, Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be, TNT, Back In Black & Let's Get It Up just to name a few.

DrMaddVibe
12-06-2004, 01:43 PM
Highway To Hell - Best Album

Sin City/Safe In New York City - Tied for Best Song

I'll take the Scott era hands down ANYDAY! Brian sounds like he just swallowed a Draino milkshake with a Lye backer! Back In Black is rumored to have been completed all but Bon's vocal tracks. I think that's why it's such a great album as well, but pound for pound they haven't delivered a complete release in a LONG time!

Bill Lumbergh
12-06-2004, 02:41 PM
Highway To Hell. I never go more than a few days without playing it.

fe_lung
12-06-2004, 02:48 PM
Riff Raff is certainly a killer. Obviously all the biggies like Highway to hell, dirty deeds, high voltage, etc.

I always liked Whole Lotta Rosie, The Jack, and Squeeler. Anything with Bon is great. Not intersted in anything after he died.

rob100
12-06-2004, 02:51 PM
Everything is great, up to Razor's Edge I think. I hated the way it was produced. Also, Chris slade was not the right drummer for AC/DC. I was happy to see Phil Rudd picking up the sticks again.

I think that Fly On The Wall is one of their best albums, very underrated. The title track, Playing With Girls and Send For The Man are so fucking heavy and brutal.

Great, great band.

Don Corleone
12-06-2004, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Panamark
Geez, leave us hanging why dont ya !! :)

I remember hearing Angus say that EVH was good if you enjoyed
listening to finger exercises. Was it along those lines ??

I've got a Family to run you know.

Bear in mind this was a 10:30 question (we'd had a few to drink). When I asked Brian and Angus what he made of EVH, Angus did say something along the lines of "He's descent guitarist, and that sort of thing is great in your bedroom, but that's where it should stay really. It's not my cup of tea"

Brian (being a true Geordie like my Dad) however gave me a laugh with the "He's a bigheaded arrogant wanker. He's a complete fucking tit" comment.