PDA

View Full Version : A Great Time To Be In The NFC

blueturk
12-04-2004, 11:46 PM
If your favorite NFL team plays in the NFC, chances are that they have a shot at getting to the playoffs.While the Eagles and Falcons are a sure thing in the East and South,Minnesota and Green Bay are neck and neck in the North,and Seattle and St.Louis are fighting to see who can lose the West.
The wild-card scenario is where the real action is,though.While it seems that either the Vikings or Green Bay will get one of the wild-card berths,the other berth is totally up in the air.The Giants,Dallas,Chicago,Detroit,Tampa Bay,Arizona,Seattle or St.Louis,and even my beloved Panthers all have a (mostly) realistic shot at that last spot.None of them will do it with an impressive record but hell,it's the playoffs!
Is parity getting ridiculous or is this all just great fun for the fans of the above-mentioned teams? Don't ask me,I'm kind of biased.

Bill Lumbergh
12-04-2004, 11:54 PM
Yep. My Rams have played like SHIT except for one 3 game stretch, and if the playoffs started tommorow, we would be IN with a 5-6 record!

Bill Lumbergh
12-04-2004, 11:55 PM
Our teams play in two weeks........

MAX
12-05-2004, 12:10 AM
NFC? :rolleyes:

Fuck, a bunch of lackluster teams can still make the playoffs. Whatever? AFC Super Bowl Champs this year no matter what!!!! Mark my words. ;)

:gulp:

redblkwht
12-05-2004, 12:18 AM
I do dig the pairity, too bad the AFC isnt like that, keeps
the fans interested till the final week..

MAX
12-05-2004, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by redblkwht
I do dig the pairity, too bad the AFC isnt like that, keeps
the fans interested till the final week..

Actually, I don't mind it at all. Infact I love it after the NFC dominated the NFL for soooooo many years.

Go Broncos!!!!!!

Bill Lumbergh
12-05-2004, 12:22 AM
Max, shut the fuck up! Who has more recently won it all, your team or mine?! Thought so punk..........:D

TLR
12-05-2004, 12:28 AM
Not much to cheer about as a Bills/Rams fan.

How long until Spring Training...

MAX
12-05-2004, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
Max, shut the fuck up! Who has more recently won it all, your team or mine?! Thought so punk..........:D

Oh shut up tool!!! You've been to three fucking Super Bowls and won ONE!!!!

Elway had no team and took them to three prior to the BACK to BACK Chamionships!!! The first one broke the AFC draught, btw. ;) Not to mention Craig Morton and the infamous Orange Crush also took Denver to a SB in 1978!!! LMAO!!!

Denver has been to six Super Bowls and recently won the last two. The Rams have been to three and only one victory. LMAO!!!

I still hate you anyway. ;) :D :D :D

Bill Lumbergh
12-05-2004, 12:34 AM
Best record in the NFL last six years........stick that in your pipe and smoke it Maxie! And we fuckin' HAD Pittsburgh..........had that game stopped after 3 quarters that is...............;D

MAX
12-05-2004, 12:40 AM
Billy Boy,

What am I going to do with you? Who fucking remembers W/L records? It's Rings that count my friend.

I used to be a huge Rams fan as a kid when they were in Los Angeles. I remember when Pat Haden was their QB. I also remember watching their Super Bowl against The Steelers in 1980 when Vince Ferragamo was the QB. Believe me, I'm an NFL freak. I still hold Jack Youngblood up as one of the best and toughest players to ever play the game. :)

With Love,

Maxi!!!! LOL!!!!

blueturk
12-05-2004, 01:10 AM
Our teams play in two weeks........

If St. Louis and Carolina both win this week, next week's game could be pretty big.Green Bay might very well lose tomorrow,Arizona or Detroit will lose,and so will Dallas or Seattle.Tampa Bay should lose, and Washington could help the cause by beating NY.Is this a great country or what?

DLRDUDE
12-05-2004, 01:46 AM
And the Redskins could be 9-2 if they had a QB that could piss on command, an offensive line that could block.

Bill Lumbergh
12-05-2004, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by DLRDUDE
And the Redskins could be 9-2 if they had a QB that could piss on command, an offensive line that could block.

LMFAO :D

Bill Lumbergh
12-05-2004, 04:12 AM
Originally posted by blueturk
If St. Louis and Carolina both win this week, next week's game could be pretty big.Green Bay might very well lose tomorrow,Arizona or Detroit will lose,and so will Dallas or Seattle.Tampa Bay should lose, and Washington could help the cause by beating NY.Is this a great country or what?

Yep. A rematch of that classic playoff game last year that Martz blew.

Va Beach VH Fan
12-05-2004, 08:58 AM
Best record in the NFL last six years........stick that in your pipe and smoke it Maxie! And we fuckin' HAD Pittsburgh..........had that game stopped after 3 quarters that is...............;D

Had to think about that for a sec Bill....

SB XIV..... Yes, yes, yes....

Come on now Bill, haven't you realized by now that the Stillers were just playing around with you until the 4th quarter ???

Bradshaw with the bomb, Stallworth with the over-the-shoulder catch, touchdown !!!!!

I still say to this day Stallworth got robbed out of the MVP for that game, Bradshaw didn't deserve it....

DLRDUDE
12-05-2004, 10:24 AM
One of the best rivalries in football...Redskins/Giants today at 4. I would have lopped off a nut for tix years ago. Tuesday my brother-in-law calls me and wants to know if I want two free tix to the game. First thing I say is "gotta be around in case work calls" How sad is that. The last game I went to was Wash/Dallas, the Monday night game. Just can't take the shit anymore.Losing is becoming accepable being a 'Skins fan. The Wizards are more explosive than the Redskins and have a better record too.

Va Beach VH Fan
12-05-2004, 10:34 AM
One of the best rivalries in football...Redskins/Giants today at 4. I would have lopped off a nut for tix years ago. Tuesday my brother-in-law calls me and wants to know if I want two free tix to the game. First thing I say is "gotta be around in case work calls" How sad is that. The last game I went to was Wash/Dallas, the Monday night game. Just can't take the shit anymore.Losing is becoming accepable being a 'Skins fan. The Wizards are more explosive than the Redskins and have a better record too.

You have my condolences bro.... ;)

blueturk
12-05-2004, 10:44 AM

Be that as it may,today I say GO SKINS!!!!!

POJO_Risin
12-05-2004, 02:38 PM
I agree 100% Va...it should have been Stallworth...he changed the game...not Bradshaw...

and with Swann out of the game...you know J S was probably triple covered...lmfao...

but those 2 big catches in the 4th quarter changed the game...

as for the NFC...well...

I'm not guaranteeing an AFC championship...for this reason...

if the Eagles manage to get through...and that's not a given...but if they do...

the AFC is going to be kicking the shit out of each other...

you just never know...

Lou
12-05-2004, 03:50 PM
My opinion is that it will be an Eagles/Patriots SB, with the Eagles of course losing and making this as agonizing as possible for Philadelphia fans.

The Patriots are pretty much unstoppable. If they meet up with Pixburgh in the playoffs, I don't care where that game is, Pixburgh has NO CHANCE. Really, no team has any chance against the Pats the way they're looking right now.

POJO_Risin
12-05-2004, 07:03 PM
Based on what?

Playing the Browns?

Yeah...they are unstoppable...

Philly gets in because the NFC sucks...christ...is there anyone that's any good in that division?

Lou...sounds a wee bit like sour grapes...

since you said what...the over/under was 5 1/2?

and they beat your Eagles?

The Pats D is fantastic...so is Pittsburgh's...

it would be a good game...with home field playing the favorite...but shit...that's 2 months from now...more than...

so who gives a fuck...

Pixburgh...lmfao...dude...rip on Pittsburgh by making yourself sound like a 2 year old...outstanding...

Philly fans? Bro...tell the truth...you ALL would be agonized with a WIN!!!

There'd be something wrong...

Va Beach VH Fan
12-05-2004, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
since you said what...the over/under was 5 1/2?

I know what it was now Poj, it was 5 1/2 x 2 = 11.......

So hopefully after a win tonight, we'll double Lou's pleasure.... ;)

POJO_Risin
12-05-2004, 08:04 PM
lmfao...

funny how Lou has focused his attention on Pixburgh...I didn't realize that Philadelphia fans had such a boner for hating Pixburgh so...

Maybe it's the fact that they could actually finish...that pisses them off...or the fact that they lost...to Pixburgh...

I GUARANTEE YOU...lmfao...as Lou looks over to see the AFC has a bunch of actual good teams...that could beat Pitts...We shall see though...we shall see...

Lou
12-05-2004, 08:12 PM
There are a lot of Stiller fans around here, CBS always shows the Stillers as the AFC game, and they're cross-state rivals, and Pixburgh doesn't like Philadelphia for sure, and you and Va are constantly chirping about the Stillers. For all these reasons, I root against the Stillers.

Anyway, you will not get to the SB. No chance. Because New England is a fuckin' steamroller right now and I can't see anyone in the NFL beating them.

POJO_Risin
12-05-2004, 08:26 PM
I'll be honest here Looooo....

I chirp about the Steeler to yooooo....

because of you chirping about the over/under...51/2...

I chirp about the Steelers in general...because...hmmm...

oh yeah...

They're my favorite team...

as far as hating Philly? To be honest...I could care a less about them either way...they don't show up on my most hated...and I don't particularly like them...

although I wanted them in the Super Bowl last year...and the year before ahead of the other NFC teams...

don't really worry about the NFC teams much...aside from the Cowboys...whom I hate with a passion...

Va Beach VH Fan
12-06-2004, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Lou
and Pixburgh doesn't like Philadelphia for sure

You got that fucking right.....

I'll tell you something in all seriousness, Philly better not get too full of themselves.... Those guys are REALLY getting cocky....

McNabb is lucky he didn't get his ass clothes-lined after running up the score, throwing the ball with a 41-3 lead....

They're going to run into a team with a good defense in the playoffs, like Carolina last year.... Then we'll see....

By the way, you're over and under is a good call Lou, multiplied by 2 that is.... ;)

blueturk
12-07-2004, 03:21 AM
Yep. A rematch of that classic playoff game last year that Martz blew.

Good luck! But not too much.