PDA

View Full Version : Idol Goes to the "Devil"

lucky wilbury
12-06-2004, 03:52 PM
http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/_/id/6657693/billyidol?pageid=rs.Home&pageregion=single1

Idol Goes to the "Devil"

Rocker to release new record in March

Billy Idol will release Devil's Playground, his first album of new material in more than a decade, on March 22nd. Tracks on the thirteen-cut LP include "Super Overdrive" and "World Coming Down," with the first single, "Scream," set to hit radio on January 3rd.

Recorded by frequent Idol collaborators Keith Forsey and Brian Reeves, the band features longtime Idol guitarist Steve Stevens, drummer Brian Tichy, bassist Stephen McGrath and keyboardist Derek Sherinian.

"I am extremely happy with the songs I wrote with Billy," wrote Stevens in a posting on his Web site. "They are fresh, unruly and gave me the opportunity to revisit some of my New York punk rock roots. To work with Keith Forsey and Brian Reeves again was just the vibe we all needed. Brian Reeves recorded all my guitars on the first Idol record . . . he was the guy that captured my inexperienced ass on 'White Wedding'!"

In addition to "Wedding," the partnership between Idol and Stevens yielded such hits as "Eyes Without a Face" and "Flesh for Fantasy."

"I moved out to L.A. ten years ago to work with Billy on what was to be our reunion album together," says Stevens. "Through label fuck-ups and life changes, Billy and I have managed to stay friends and musical partners through all sorts of stuff. I think it is rare that you have a relationship in music that spans what is now twenty-three years. Pretty amazing!"

Idol plans to tour in the spring.

Warham
12-06-2004, 05:10 PM
Fuckin' great! I'll be pickin' that one up.

Keith Forsey was in Simple Minds I believe. He's been working with Idol for years.

FORD
12-06-2004, 05:33 PM
Keith Forsey has been producing Billy Idol since Generation X's third and final album "Kiss Me Deadly", which featured a certain hit single.....
http://www.system-records.co.uk/photo/genx4.jpg

Model Citizen
12-06-2004, 06:23 PM
Wow! Great!

Coyote
12-06-2004, 06:23 PM
I can't wait... :)

Nickdfresh
12-09-2004, 09:41 PM
Steve Stevens is back=EXCELLENT!

alexpgrimes
12-09-2004, 10:16 PM