X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

Dimebag Darrell, Three Others Killed In Bizarre Ohio Concert Shooting

Unidentified man jumps onstage and shoots bandmembers, others.

December 9, 2004

Dimebag Darrell, guitarist for Pantera and Damageplan, was one of at least four people fatally wounded during a bizarre shooting at a concert in Columbus, Ohio, on Wednesday night.

According to Columbus NBC affiliate NBC4, Dimebag — real name Darrell Abbott — was among the fatalities resulting from the incident, which occurred during a Damageplan performance at the Alrosa Villa in Columbus. Authorities did not release the names of any of the other fatalities to NBC4. Columbus police told MTV News that the gunman killed four people and wounded two before being shot and killed by a police officer.

One witness told the NBC affiliate that a man jumped onto the stage during the first song of the band's set and began firing a gun. According to the witness, the man fired several shots at the band before being tackled by club security. One of the survivors is in critical condition at a local hospital, while another is in fair condition.

"A Columbus police officer, when he arrived, engaged the shooter, and the shooter is also dead, and if the officer hadn't acted when he did and how he did, we'd probably be looking at more dead, because this guy was actively shooting," Sergeant Brent Mull, a public information officer, told MTV News.

"We have 200-plus patrons that we have sequestered inside three city buses," Sergeant Mull explained. "We are interviewing them one by one. The ones that were inside and witnessed this ran for their lives and were in fear for their lives. They are victims too, and we want to take care of them."

As news of Dimebag's bizarre and tragic demise rippled through the metal community, the news was met with shock and sadness.

"I'm speechless," former Rob Zombie/ Ozzy Osbourne bassist Rob "Blasko" Nicholson said. "This is totally unreal. Dimebag is a f---ing legend and this is total bullsh--."

"This is insane and this is beyond travesty," Killswitch Engage frontman and former Damageplan tour partner Howard Jones said. "This is beyond anything I've ever heard. This shouldn't happen in or outside of the rock and metal community. He will be missed and mourned as a person, as a musician, and as a friend."

• DrMaddVibe
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

That's messed up. Couldn't that gunman go to a Bon Jovi concert? I mean George Michael is putting up a tour and Dimbag gets a cap?

Damn...that really sucks!
    http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
    http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• BigBadBrian
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Shit! :eek:
      “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• BigBadBrian
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

At Least 5 Dead, 2 Wounded In Nightclub Shooting
        Witnesses: Alleged Gunman Went Onto Stage, Fired Shots

POSTED: 10:32 pm EST December 8, 2004
        UPDATED: 1:13 am EST December 9, 2004

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- At least five people died and two others were wounded after a shooting at a Columbus nightclub on Wednesday night, television station WCMH reported.

The shooting took place shortly after 10 p.m. at Alrosa Villa, located at 5055 Sinclair Rd.

Two members of the heavy metal band Damageplan were reportedly shot and killed, including Dimebag Darrell, formerly with the band Pantera, the station reported. The other band member's name was not released. The alleged gunman also died at the scene, according to police.

Shortly after the band began playing its first song, a man apparently ran onto the stage and began shooting, according to a witness who identified himself as Sean. At first, some members of the audience may have thought the man running onto the stage with a gun was part of the band's act, WCMH reported.

Witnesses said that several shots were fired at the band. A bouncer at the club tackled the alleged gunman before that person was shot and killed, according to witnesses. It was unclear who shot the alleged gunman.

Of the surviving victims, one person was in critical condition while the other was in fair condition, the station reported. Several others were treated at the scene, suffering from various injuries.

Alrosa Villa is a popular north Columbus nightspot for young adults, featuring rock and heavy metal bands.

According to the band's Web site, Damageplan was touring nationally. It performed in Buffalo, N.Y., on Tuesday night and had a concert scheduled in Chicago on Friday.

Damageplan featured former Pantera artists Dimebag Darrell and Vinnie Paul. The pair were joined by vocalist Patrick Lachman and bassist Bobzilla, according to their Web site.
        “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• distortion9
          Sniper
          • Mar 2004

WOW!....that's fucked.

Anyone else have visions of Roy Hagar running from gun fire.
          http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...sternsucks.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80...9e45f7d735.jpg

Your mom's box!

Comment

• Golden AWe
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

This is shocking.

Metal detectors anybody?
            Originally posted by Cato
            Golden, why are you FAT?
            Originally posted by lesfunk
            Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
            http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• hard rock
              Head Fluffer
              • Oct 2004

No guys for real as much as most of us really hate hagar or anyone this sort of thing is messed up. no one deserves to die and lose their lives that way. they have loved ones waiting for them at home. this is a total tragedy

Comment

• Carmine
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Apr 2004

they just talked about this on Stern. Apparently, the guy mumbled something to Dimebag about hating him cause he "broke up" Pantera before he shot him!

Way F'd up!

Comment

• Cathedral
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2004

I guaren-damn-T that this will send ripples of fear through the minds of anyone who performs for a living.

A Legend was silenced, and in my home state...this world is completely fucked, man.

Comment

• Carmine
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Cathedral
                    A Legend was silenced, and in my home state...this world is completely fucked, man.
                    No doubt, shoot 5 people because your favorite band broke up! WTF, there is no fan base more passionate than us,we've been carrying on for 20 years now. ...........friggin scumbag!

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Cathedral
                        I guaren-damn-T that this will send ripples of fear through the minds of anyone who performs for a living.
                        So true Cath.

Similar shit happens more often than people know. Many times it's kept quiet. I personally know of a FAMOUS singer/songwriter [now deceased] who told me of getting stabbed in the neck on the streets of NYC by a "FANatic" who was pissed he was no longer recording.

It's the date Dec. 8th, that really chills my blood.

I've seen some shit from stage that would curl your toenails. Including a few waving guns.

What a waste.

GodDAMN it
                        Originally posted by Kristy
                        Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                        Originally posted by cadaverdog
                        I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Golden AWe
                          This is shocking.

Metal detectors anybody?
                          Wouldnt have helped John Lennon much.

If they want you, they'll get you.

This asshole just wanted to go out in a blaze of glory onstage.

Dont get me started on handgun laws either.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jul 2004

Nice of Elvis to take the time and effort to post some nice pics.

Well Done

Comment

• Cathedral
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Jan 2004

Why in the fuck was this moved to House of Music?

This is NON material, actually.

Comment

Working...