X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carmine
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Apr 2004

Alex gets all the blame!!

We have many thread going on this topic. Heres one to bring it all together. It has become more and more obvious that Alex Van Halen is the only thing preventing a full scale reunion! When Dave left the band, he sited ALEX'S drinking as a major issue. Not Ed's. He said that the band has lost its focus, and told Ed "your brother is up to 2 six packs a day". "Maybe when everybody gets back on track, we can reconvene" Dave and Ed hugged. That was the plan at least in Daves and Eds eyes back in 85. It has always been believed that Ed called Sammy after the visit to the Lamborghini mechanic, now I'm not so sure. Think back, how many interviews have you heard over the years without Alex? Not many, I can tell you. This fucker has been pulling the strings since, that we have no doubt of.

When Dave called Ed in 96, it was these 2 who put it back together. Dave has said when he walked into the studio to do MWM and CGTSNM, that Alex almost shit! Ed never told Alex?? Why? Is Ed that afraid of Alex? When they did the 96 MTV thing, Ed looked like he was very nervous on stage right? We have been led to believe that Ed being uncomfortable was because Dave embarrased him. Bull shit! Ed was uncomfortable because he knew that Cherone had already been hired by who, Alex's brother in law Ray Danielles. Ed has wanted a reunion with Dave for a long time, Alex has always stood in the way.It was here where Ed said "hell, I fuckin love the guy! I don't think its because Dave nailed his wife, or whatever. Alex knows Dave will be in control if he comes back. THATS IT! In 2000, they got together again, in SECRET. Who are they hiding from? ALEX! Blame it on lawyers or $$$$ splits, its Alex. Ed needs to grow some balls and tell his brother to F off!

Eds recent explosion on stage in Arizona, I think, was the final straw for Van Hagar! I feel that Ed is finally gonna tell Al that he is not happy with the band anymore, SAmmy is out, and that he wants a reunion with Dave! To me, Ed has wanted it for years. In the most recent interview that Alex gave HE said "that fans just need to realize that Dave will never be back in this band" WELL LISTEN FUCKER, YOU WILL BE RELIEVED OF YOUR DUTIES SOON! By your brother! Ed did a public "F YOU" to Hagar on stage during the last show! He grew his balls. IMO.

If it ever happens, and I think it will, Alex will be right behind the drum riser, where he belongs. Ed and Dave will make this happen. They will all make A TON of money, we all know that. The bass player will be there too. Ed freaking out on stage was just the tip of the iceberg, he has had enough. Classic VH will return!

what do you guys think?
  • DlocRoth
    ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Interesting ideas Ragoo. You are absolutely right that Alex doesn't let anyone in the band do anything without him. Ed has just been too much of a pussy to stand up to his bro and tell him that hes been running the band into the ground for 19 years. It's amazing to me that they're still even running on fumes. If Dave wasnt around to keep "real" fans hoping for a "real" reunion, VH would be opening for Vince Neil somewhere.

The band was so goddamn good. We all know it's been 8 years since the MTV fiasco, but still we hang on hoping to see Halen get it right one more time. Go ahead and hate yall, but I still see it happening. Whether its Ed's growing balls or Al's alimony payments. At this point, we have to realize Dave would be taking risks now as well. Many people have made many a fine post about how Dave should steer clear of this "train wreck".

They'll work it out tho. Even for just 1 tour. It'll happen. Even Alex can't be so stupid not to want to cement the standing of the legacy. Spam couldn't do it, Ga y couldn't do it. What choice does he have, other than to curl up in his neckbrace and die?

"Better look out now Al, Dave got something for you, tell ya what it is.."
    Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2004

The brothers are damaged goods and I don't think there's any reconvening.
      It would take a miracle and at this point I just can't imagine it, much as I hate to say it. Alex being the leader has screwed them more than once and there's no waking them up. It's their lives and their choices.

Comment

• light 'em up!
        Foot Soldier
        • Mar 2004

A CVH reunion will always be possible as long as all 4 original members of Van Halen are alive, simply because of the obscene amounts of money such a reunion would net.

As for Ed and Al Van Halen, they are all out of options for any kind of success in the mainstream. If they get tired of trivial solo projects and insignificant guest appearances, they might consider crawling on their hands and knees to ask David Lee Roth to take them back to the top of the mountain!!!
        Last edited by light 'em up!; 12-09-2004, 12:06 PM.

Comment

• Carmine
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills
          The brothers are damaged goods and I don't think there's any reconvening.
          It would take a miracle and at this point I just can't imagine it, much as I hate to say it. Alex being the leader has screwed them more than once and there's no waking them up. It's their lives and their choices.
          That is the point of my post. I believe Ed has realized what needs to be done.

Comment

• light 'em up!
            Foot Soldier
            • Mar 2004

I believe Ed has realized what needs to be done.
            They've known for years what needs to be done, but they will never accept it because David lee Roth is at the helm of Van Halen in that scenario... so instead they choose to self-destruct.

Everyone loses including Ed and Al.
            Last edited by light 'em up!; 12-09-2004, 11:59 AM.

Comment

• Carmine
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by light 'em up!
              They've known for years what needs to be done, but they will never accept it because David lee Roth is at the helm of Van Halen in that scenario... so instead they choose to self-destruct.

Everyone loses including Ed and Al.
              The answer isnt to "call Dave". Eds done that. What needs to happen, is Ed needs to tell Alex, plain and simple, F you, Dave is coming back, deal with it! And I think his actions in AZ, are just a prelude to that happening.

Comment

• light 'em up!
                Foot Soldier
                • Mar 2004

As for Ed and Al Van Halen, they are all out of options for any kind of success in the mainstream. If they get tired of trivial solo projects and insignificant guest appearances, they might consider crawling on their hands and knees to ask David Lee Roth to take them back to the top of the mountain!!!
                But I doubt it.

Comment

• light 'em up!
                  Foot Soldier
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Carmine Raguzza.
                  his actions in AZ are just a prelude to that happening.
                  It'll never happen w/Alex in the band.

Comment

• dave_is_vh
                    Sniper
                    • Apr 2004

[i] Ed needs to grow some balls and tell his brother to F off! [/B]
                    Pretty good summary of the last 20 years.
                    "Bumper sticker on my rocket's ass: go home, the earth is full." DLR

Comment

• Carmine
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Apr 2004

It'll never happen w/Alex in the band.
                      I disagree. I think Ed is gonna take charge and make it happen.

Comment

• dave_is_vh
                        Sniper
                        • Apr 2004

The pitiful part of all this is that Al is completely irrelevant to the band. The songs are written by Ed and Dave. The unique sound comes from Ed and Dave. Sure we would prefer Mike and Al in the band. But at the end of the day, if you have Ed, Dave, a decent bass player, and a decent drummer - you have Van Halen as far as 99.999999999% of the world is concerned. It is pitiful that this non factor is a factor simply because of DNA.

Comment

• Carmine
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by dave_is_vh
                          The pitiful part of all this is that Al is completely irrelevant to the band. The songs are written by Ed and Dave. The unique sound comes from Ed and Dave.

How true! But, again, unfortunately, neither Dave or Ed would do it without Big Brother or The Bass Player.

Comment

• ULTRAMAN VH
                            Commando
                            • May 2004

It has been 20 long years, if they are going to do it, it better be soon. These cats are not getting any younger and Ed is on the verge of death due to alcoholism. I would love nothing more than to see the original line up back together and Carmine has some great points. But lets be realistic, the sisters don't give a frogs fat ass about what the fans want. It is all about them and their planet sized ego's. There is no way they are going to let DLR come back in and lead them. That's why they chose Spam. He is a yes man. Without Dave- Ed, Alex and Mike will be playing clubs in 2005. There just wasn't any hype or excitement with this recent tour. To regain some notoriety and strength they would have to allow Roth to take over the PR and that ain't happening. I would be happy if DLR and Ed did a project sans Page-Plant. Yeah Al and Mike are important pieces to the puzzle but they don't like Dave. So Ed should say fuck it and work with The Diamond One without them. There are plenty of top notched studio musicians who could cop Mike's famous background vocals and Alex's double bass playing. Every musician on the planet would give their eye teeth to play along side Dave and ED.

Comment

• dave_is_vh
                              Sniper
                              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ULTRAMAN VH
                              Without Dave- Ed, Alex and Mike will be playing clubs in 2005.
                              Perhaps there is now enough motivation on both sides to try to make something happen.

On the other hand, with the guaranteed minimums Van Hagar was getting and Sammy's (and perhaps Mike's) employee status (wages not profits), Ed and Al probably put a cool $15M each into their beer accounts (I mean bank accounts).

Comment

Working...