PDA

View Full Version : Matt Leinart Wins the Heisman Trophy

POJO_Risin
12-10-2004, 07:29 PM
Make your votes...

POJO_Risin
12-10-2004, 07:33 PM
I'd love for the Freshman to win...but I think Leinhart is the flavor of the month...

but fucking Peterson is incredible...

Va Beach VH Fan
12-10-2004, 07:58 PM
I think Leinart will win, but I think Bush was more worthy...

He is incredibly explosive.....

Brett
12-10-2004, 08:13 PM
Bush is the most exciting player in the country, teams have devised entire defenses and special team plays designed to specifically stop him. Nobody in college football can say that.

Leinart's probably going to win it, he deserved it last year too. I'd like to see Reggie Bush get it though, won't happen. Be pretty interesting for an SC QB to win it 2 out of 3 years if it happens.

No one was steadier than Leinart, he really is the force behind the team's success. He doesn't get enough credit because he has a ton of playmakers, but he's an incredibly smart QB who makes few mistakes.

POJO_Risin
12-10-2004, 08:26 PM
God...the heisman has changed so much...

I think Leinart is a good QB...I think he may even be a great QB...

but when I look at Bush and Peterson (who's equally as explosive as Bush mind you...however...not in the same capacity...since Bush really excels in three places...rb/wr/pr...while Peterson just plays RB...

But watch Oklahoma...when he's in the lineup...holy fuck...

I agree with Bush...being incredibly explosive...

POJO_Risin
12-10-2004, 08:28 PM
I don't see how you can make a case that Leinart was more important to his team than White was to his last year...

although I think White is a joke...lmfao...nevermind...

I may agree with you...

monkeythe
12-10-2004, 10:19 PM
It's gotta go to White. He'll make the worst pro of the bunch (which I believe is the criteria for the award).

EbDawson
12-11-2004, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
I think Leinart will win, but I think Bush was more worthy...

He is incredibly explosive.....

I agree. I think Bush is the most deserving of the whole bunch.

POJO_Risin
12-11-2004, 01:53 AM
lmfao...on the White comment...you may be on to something there...

Va Beach VH Fan
12-11-2004, 08:55 AM
Where's Gino Torretta when you need him.... ;)

POJO_Risin
12-11-2004, 02:06 PM
I think he's playing cards with Chuck Long and Andre Ware...

with Charlie Ward passing out stogies...

POJO_Risin
12-11-2004, 09:09 PM
Leinart wins Heisman...nothing more to really say about it...

ALinChainz
12-11-2004, 11:23 PM
Seems like it matters less and less every season.

Sucks, used to be a huge deal do win it.

Maybe it's just me, but I napped through it.

POJO_Risin
12-11-2004, 11:40 PM
I'm just baffled by what the Heisman Trophy even means at this point...

I think Leinart is a really good player...and as quarterback...even the leader of the team...

but he's not even the best player on that team by a longshot...and you can make a case that Bush is what makes Leinart look exceptional....

And Peterson...by far the best player on the Oklahoma team...and personally...I think better than Bush...

Next year it oughta be a two man race between Peterson and Bush...but we'll see...

Brett
12-12-2004, 03:45 AM
LOL, can't wait for you to see Bush play on the 4th then. There are very few players who can change a football game like Bush can when he's out there. He change the game from 4 different spots, Peterson can't do that.

Leinart derserved the award as much as any of the other 5. He deserved it last year too.

Maybe it's not a big deal to you guys, but it's a big deal to us USC fans and alums. And Carson Palmer is hardly a miserable pro. Playing very well as of late.

Va Beach VH Fan
12-12-2004, 09:41 AM
I'm very surprised that Peterson finished 2nd and Bush 5th.....

Al, you kill me, napped through it... ;)

POJO_Risin
12-12-2004, 01:45 PM
I think Palmer is developing into a good pro Brett...no doubt...

and I don't think I said Leinart didn't deserve it...just that others were better...

I know what Bush can do...I've seen him play...

and quite honest...would have put him at #2 behind Peterson...but if he won...I would have been fine with it...

He didn't have a legit shot though because he really wasn't considered nationally until late in the game...

Peterson CAN'T change the game from four different places (probably could though)....but...he changes the game at least as much as Bush does from 1 position...

They're both gamebreakers...I'm not going to argue that...and I've seen both play equally this year...they are both liquid electricity...

and both will be the leaders going in next year...

So you think Leinart was better than White last year? Based on what? And listen...I'm not disagreeing with you...I don't like White...

I'm just curious to see which stat line...or...even better...which tangible made Leinart stand out over White?