X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DLR'sCock
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jan 2004

Fahrenheit 9/11 Up for Peoples Choice Top Award

This website is for sale! baou.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, baou.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Michael Moore Promises "Polite Speech" if Selected
    Official Wire News Desk

Thursday 09 December 2004

Republican threatens boycott of Hollywood if F9/11 wins.
    New York, NY - One of the most controversial and provocative films of the year, Fahrenheit 9/11, has been nominated by the People's Choice Awards as the American public's "Favorite Film of the Year."

The five nominees were chosen from a poll of thousands of Americans during November. The other nominees for best film are Spiderman 2, The Incredibles, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (with Jim Carrey), and Shrek 2.

In considering Moore's film, it is the first time a documentary has been nominated for "best film" by the People's Choice Awards.

The People's Choice Awards are considered, among all the awards shows, to be the one which most accurately reflects the "mainstream" public opinion in the United States.

According to a letter published on Moore's website, a group of Republicans have taken out a full page ad in USA Today (and placed a similar one in the Hollywood trade magazine, Variety) proclaiming that "An election is over, but a war of ideas continues." The point of the ad, according to Moore, was to say that while they, as right wing conservatives, were proud of getting rid of Kerry, there was still one more nuisance running around loose they had to deal with-Moore himself!

Moore states that these Republicans have issued a not-so-subtle threat to the Academy Awards voters that, in essence, said don't even THINK about nominating "Fahrenheit 9/11" for Best Picture. According to Moore, Bill O'Reilly recently said that if the Oscars recognize his work this year, Middle America will boycott Hollywood.

Moore's letter ends with the promise to be "nice and polite" if his film is selected.

"I promise, if we win, to give a nice and polite speech," Moore wrote.

Hopefully, that's one promise Moore won't keep.

To vote for Fahrenheit 9/11 visit www.pcavote.com.

Voting is currently underway and will continue through this coming Monday, December 13. Winners will accept their awards live on CBS on January 9, 2005.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Go to Original

People's Choice Awards Nominates "Fahrenheit 9/11" as "Favorite Film of the Year"
    By Michael Moore
    Michaelmoore.com

Wednesday 08 December 2004

Dear Friends,

May I take a break from our post-election despair to share with you a little piece of happy/silly/cool news?

"Fahrenheit 9/11" has been nominated by the People's Choice Awards as the American public's "Favorite Film of the Year." The five nominees were chosen from a poll of thousands of Americans in mid-to-late November. The other nominees for best film are "Spiderman 2," "The Incredibles," "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" (with Jim Carrey), and "Shrek 2." It is the first time ever a documentary has been nominated for best film by the People's Choice Awards.

The People's Choice Awards are considered, among all the awards shows, to be the one which most accurately reflects the "mainstream" public opinion in the United States.

OK, now, here's the best part: YOU get to vote! Online. Now. Just go to www.pcavote.com/voting/film/f01.shtml, click on the little circle next to "Fahrenheit 9/11" in the "Favorite Movie" category and press the "vote" button. Voting is going on now and continues only through this coming Monday, December 13, at 3:00pm ET, so send an e-mail to your friends and let them know they can vote, too. Winners will accept their awards live on CBS on January 9.

Now, normally I wouldn't make a very big deal out of something like this. It's nice and I'm honored, but it's not exactly the number one priority on any of our minds these days. In fact, when we found out we were nominated over a week ago, I didn't even think to tell you about it or put it up on our website.

But then a group of top Republicans took out a full page ad in USA Today (and placed a similar one in the Hollywood trade magazine, Variety) proclaiming that "An election is over, but a war of ideas continues." The point of the ad was to say that while they, as right wing conservatives, were proud of getting rid of Kerry, there was still one more nuisance running around loose they had to deal with - me! They also issued a not-so-subtle threat to the Academy Awards voters that, in essence, said don't even THINK about nominating "Fahrenheit 9/11" for Best Picture. And Bill O'Reilly recently bellowed that if the Oscars recognize my work this year, Middle America will boycott Hollywood.

Oops. I guess he spoke too soon. Because now along comes Middle America's favorite awards show, the People's Choice, and the People's Choice this year, along with a Spiderman superhero and a lovable green ogre, is a film that apparently continues to resonate throughout the country. The truth about Iraq, Bush, terror and fear. The election has not altered or made irrelevant, unfortunately, a single one of these issues. That they (and the film that dealt with these issues) are still at the forefront of the majority of the public's minds should give serious pause to Mr. Bush as he brags about a nonexistent "mandate" and begins to spend his "political capital."

He may have been (barely) the people's choice on November 2 (Ohio recount excluded), but now the people get to vote again, this time for a movie. It's about the best we can do right now, and, trust me, it won't be long before we start the real work we need to do to get our country back.

Again, go to www.pcavote.com/voting/film/f01.shtml if you want to vote for our film. I promise, if we win, to give a nice and polite speech.

Yours,

Michael Moore
    I was born in Flint, Michigan and raised on a dirt street by loving parents, two sisters and a lot of Green Giant in a can. Click to read Michael Moore, a Substack publication with hundreds of thousands of subscribers.

MMFlint@aol.com
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Everybody should view this film.

Comment

• DEMON CUNT
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
      Everybody should view this film.
      I agree. But they choose to FEAR this film. They are so scared of it that they can't even watch. It's like light on cockroaches.

Deep down they know what Bush is doing is wrong. The smart ones do anyway.
      Banned 01/09/09 | Avatar | Aiken | Spammy | Extreme | Pump | Regular | The View | Toot

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by DEMON CUNT
        I agree. But they choose to FEAR this film. They are so scared of it that they can't even watch. It's like light on cockroaches.

Sad isn't it.? "Conservatives" have a propensity to ignore any negative information that may dissuade their view. That's why the media is "liberal" when it reports bad news.

I don't agree with everything in the film and it certainly has it's flaws, but there is a big kernel of truth to the film.

Comment

• WACF
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jan 2004

I just saw it last week.

It was better done than I expected it would be.
          Moore seems to just lay it out and draw the lines between the players for you.
          Very informative....

I saw "Bowling for Columbine" and I thought it seemed so contrived.

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Bowling For Columbine was done in a style more like Moore's old television series TV Nation and The Awful Truth. The hardcore facts are there, i.e. numbers of gun related homicides, but the presentation is done in a humorous way, such as walking into unlocked houses in Canada, just to see if what he heard was true about them leaving their door unlocked. So he definitely had more time to work on the packaging of the message in that movie.

Fahrenheit 9/11 was far more direct, but then it had to be. We are in an emergency situation in this country, on the edge of losing everything America stands for, and roughly half the country - or at least half who bother to vote - just won't open their fucking eyes
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• twonabomber
              formerly F A T
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by DLR'sCock
              According to Moore, Bill O'Reilly recently said that if the Oscars recognize his work this year, Middle America will boycott Hollywood.

go ahead and boycott, it won't make a damn bit of difference, and everyone knows it.
              Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Yeah, and when Mel Gibson releases "Passion Of The Christ II: Jesus Goes Postal" I have a feeling they'll forget all about their boycott
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Warham
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                  Sad isn't it.? "Conservatives" have a propensity to ignore any negative information that may dissuade their view. That's why the media is "liberal" when it reports bad news.

I don't agree with everything in the film and it certainly has it's flaws, but there is a big kernel of truth to the film.
                  Yeah, a 'kernel' is being generous.

Comment

• Warham
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Mar 2004

I'm soooo scared.

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

Putting the word "cockroaches" in this thread is rather appropriate when it comes to Michael Moore.
                      “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• DEMON CUNT
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Warham
                        I'm soooo scared.

So you have seen it?

Then you know about this:

Banned 01/09/09 | Avatar | Aiken | Spammy | Extreme | Pump | Regular | The View | Toot

Comment

• DEMON CUNT
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
                          Putting the word "cockroaches" in this thread is rather appropriate when it comes to Michael Moore.
                          Hayseed!

Comment

• Big Train
                            Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

I've seen it.....it was the scariest shit ever. There was a scene with this fat man who stole an ice cream truck screaming out of a megaphone. That'll keep you up at night....

We have been up and down Michael Moore lane in several threads. As a conservative, this film,which I saw, did nothing but reinforce the fact that more is an oppourtunist with the distorting capability of the elite propagandists. End of story.

I'm glad he is out speaking again taking a break from having pie all over his face (which I'm sure he finds delicious)...

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
                              I suppose if calling him a cockroach helps you deal with your hate, then fine. I admit to thinking of the likes of Coulter, Limbaugh, and Hannity that way as well.

As to his "spin" of the movie, well what did you expect?

But lets bottom line it for a moment, hmmmm?

THE MOST DAMAGING PARTS OF THE FILM ARE NOT "SPIN" OR LEFT WING "PROPAGANDA", BUT ACTUAL NEWS FOOTAGE OF WHAT A FUCKING DOLT YOUR COMMANDER IN THIEF IS.

This entire administration stinks. They're war mongers, profiteers, LIARS, and theves*

[ *the preceding rant was brought to you by THIS cockroach]
                              Originally posted by Kristy
                              Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                              Originally posted by cadaverdog
                              I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

Working...