X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jack68
    Commando
    • Sep 2004

VAN Halen live..

Almost 20 years,how many people here have seen them.Ive seen them once at the meadowlands in new jersey.Btw i saw you really got me studio on vh1 classics,they show Al looking like mongoloid retard twice.the rest of the band is having fun.Lip synching but its presentable.No offense to the mongoloid retards who post here.
    "Avant Garde is French for bullshit.”
  • lms2

There have been a lot of threads on this subject, so if you don't get many replies, but are curious, I guess you could doa search.

I saw them live once... It was cool. I guess it was in 84... Wichita, Kansas. First and best concert I have ever been too. You haven't lived till you've seen Van Halen live. LMAO. At least thats what me and my buds thought back in the day.

I have also seen Van Hagar live once. I have not yet had the chance to see Dave live since he left Van Halen.

Comment

• Lou

I've seen DLR twice, 1999 and 2001. Obviously not old enough to have seen Van Halen, which some people like to use against me like that's my fault. And actually those are the same people who have seen Van Hagar shows and saw Van Hagar on this tour. Idiots.

Comment

• lms2

I have never used that against you.

Actually, I am jealous. You have gotten to see Dave live solo twice!

Comment

• monkeythe
          Foot Soldier
          • Apr 2004

I can't get tired of threads of Van Halen fans discussing their experiences of the glory days instead of most of the shit threads up now about some cover band with Bette Midler singing unchained for a guy who doesn't know the guitar part for it.

I was too young to see VH in their glory days (however in a weird set of events I saw the original members of Kiss when I was in kindergarten) and love hearing stories about the good old days.

I saw the Skyscraper tour and think it is the greatest concert I ever saw. Great music and an incredible show - Dave surfing over the audience is one of the most incredible sites I have ever seen and no MP3, bit-torrent, or any video download will ever be able to capture that larger than life moment.

If you've seen VH, please post some stories to make me jealous.

Comment

• Lou

Originally posted by monkeythe
            I saw the Skyscraper tour and think it is the greatest concert I ever saw. Great music and an incredible show - Dave surfing over the audience is one of the most incredible sites I have ever seen and no MP3, bit-torrent, or any video download will ever be able to capture that larger than life moment.

If you've seen VH, please post some stories to make me jealous.
            No kidding a recording can't compare to live, but that's all we've got to re-live the magic anymore. And that's all I personally will ever have to experience the magic.

Comment

• Cato
              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I'm a 16 year old mongoloid retard but have seen them only once.
              Dave and Ed looked like gods, Alex's drum solo sucked as usual.
              Mike......um...I saw a bald fatty playing with Van Halen there, but not sure if it was him.
              Don't notice most of my posts are less than 2 lines...

Fender Custom Shop Owners Club

Gibson Custom Shop Owners Club

Cato's YouTube Channel

Comment

• Fabulous Shadow

I never saw Dave with VH. But I have seen every band he has played with since and seen VH with every singer they have had... ALL I can say is NOTHING compares to the REAL DEAL...

Ed and Dave need to bring it around town!

Comment

• Jack68
                  Commando
                  • Sep 2004

Ive seen Dave a few times dating back to eat em and smile.The eat em and smile show was better tan the VH show i saw.Ice cream man was incredible.As was aint talking bout love he did it from th back of the arena,just popped up on a small stage,unbelievable.Ive seen Van hagar also and it is piss poor.I actually had Anthonys towel,i threw it back and hit Sammy.He got pissed,this was like 89 or so.
                  "Avant Garde is French for bullshit.”

Comment

• IMFUCKINPISSED
                    Full On Cocktard
                    • Mar 2004

I have seen VanHalen 2 times. onece in Seattle 1980 It was extra cool due to the fact I was on the floor about dead center ,with no hopes of ever getting any closer ,but when Van halen took the stage the crowd surge pushed me right into the front of the stage! At the end of the show David , and Ed came out and started slaping all the hands in the front stage area. It had that 12 x 12 foot extension in the center of the stage. Anyway I got to slap Dave's , and Ed's hand! At the time that was the coolest thing anyone in the Army could ever do! And I did Brag about it! I saw them in Ashville the second time 1982 they Rocked again but I had nothing to brag about . I saw Dave in Knocksville 1985 on the Skyscraper tour with Vai. Dave kicked Ass as usual, but this show was cool cause when Dave got on his surfboard ride to the back of the arena, it was like the parting of the seas! The people who were there for Dave followed him to the back, and the people who wanted to see Steve kick ass went to the front. There ended up with a 30 ft empty spot on the arena floor where just a few people were standing looking dumb founded. I have never seen anything like that at any other show.
                    If anyone saw that tour you probably know what I am talking about.
                    Now im just fuckinpissed off that they cant work things out!

Comment

• IMFUCKINPISSED
                      Full On Cocktard
                      • Mar 2004

I have seen VanHalen 2 times. onece in Seattle 1980 It was extra cool due to the fact I was on the floor about dead center ,with no hopes of ever getting any closer ,but when Van halen took the stage the crowd surge pushed me right into the front of the stage! At the end of the show David , and Ed came out and started slaping all the hands in the front stage area. It had that 12 x 12 foot extension in the center of the stage. Anyway I got to slap Dave's , and Ed's hand! At the time that was the coolest thing anyone in the Army could ever do! I saw them in Ashville the second time 1982 they Kicked ass again to a SOLD OUT SHOW!!! I saw Dave in Knocksville 1985 on the Skyscraper tour with Vai. Dave kicked Ass as usual, but this show was cool cause when Dave got on his surfboard ride to the back of the arena, it was like the parting of the seas! The people who were there for Dave followed him to the back, and the people who wanted to see Steve kick ass went to the front. There ended up with a 30 ft empty spot on the arena floor where just a few people were standing looking dumb founded. I have never seen anything like that at any other show.
                      If anyone saw that tour you probably know what I am talking about.
                      Now im just fuckinpissed off that they cant work things out!
                      I Never wanted to see Van Hager!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And Never Have!!!!!!
                      Last edited by IMFUCKINPISSED; 12-12-2004, 09:23 AM.

Comment

• Big Troubles
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Lou
                        I've seen DLR twice, 1999 and 2001. Obviously not old enough to have seen Van Halen, which some people like to use against me like that's my fault. And actually those are the same people who have seen Van Hagar shows and saw Van Hagar on this tour. Idiots.
                        Damn you're angry for a teenager. Ive only seen Dave once and that was this past Nov @ Rama. I really wanted to see the 1984 tour in Toronto but other things kept me from going.
                        "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• IMFUCKINPISSED
                          Full On Cocktard
                          • Mar 2004

I thought when you edit a post the Post changes?????
                          Not puts up another complete post with changes????
                          WTFO???????

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

dave solo twice and van cherone (got free tix, so don't flame me for that)...
                            Roth Army Icon
                            First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Buffalo Memorial Auditorium, 1984! Excellent show!

Comment

Working...