X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tucsonclay
    Roth Army Recruit
    • Dec 2004

Eddie Van Halen

I saw Van Hagar in Tucson on Novenber 19th and Im telling you, they sounded like a Van Hagar cover band at best. It seemed that their hearts weren't totally in it. I think everyone knows that they need Roth back if they are to reclaim any of the greatness they one had. Eddie still sounded great, but at times he was relying a bit much on his "bag o' tricks" (whammie bar dives, harmonics, ect) but mostly without the FIRE that blew me away when I started playing guitar in 1984 at the age of 11. Even "Me Wise Magic", which Im sure they didnt spend as much time on as the new Hagar stuff, has the most rippin guitar from eddie in a LONG TIME. I'm beggin you guys (Alex, Eddie, Dave) just work out your respective egos for at least a little while, give the fans what they want (a Roth-led tour and album), and enjoy your place again at the top....or coninue to squabble, alienate your fans, and grow old.

A true fan,

Clay
    TucsonClay - guitarist
  • tucsonclay
    Roth Army Recruit
    • Dec 2004

when I mentioned "Me Wise MAgic", I meant that that is the last STUDIO song that had any fire to it....and that wasnt even played at the show. They played the new sammy stuff....but it was crappy...Just get Dave back, let your anger drive you guys to great music...use the situaton to create, not bitch.
    TucsonClay - guitarist

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

welcome to the army...but...a true fan doesn't waste his money on a van hagar concert
      Roth Army Icon
      First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• tucsonclay
        Roth Army Recruit
        • Dec 2004

ha...they were FREE...but good point! And thanks for the warm reception!
        TucsonClay - guitarist

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by tucsonclay
          ha...they were FREE...but good point! And thanks for the warm reception!
          if they were free...ok...I even went to van cherone for free...and had a lot of fun sreaming "we want dave!!!" ...man, alex was so pissed...was a club-gig...2.000 people (and that's optimistic)...and for the warm reception, wait until the other fellas come and stay away from the cabo wabo
          Roth Army Icon
          First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• azcrdnal
            Foot Soldier
            • Jan 2004

welcome to the army tucsonclay good post.

Comment

• scottydabodi
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
              welcome to the army...but...a true fan doesn't waste his money on a van hagar concert
              DLN nails it on the head again! Welcome, but don't spread around the fact that you supported VanHagar... Buy 3 Dave solo cd's, say 3 "Heil Mr.Badguy"'s, and douse yourself in Jack Daniels to repent.
              If you listen to fools
              The Mob Rules

Comment

• EbDawson
                Veteran
                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by scottydabodi
                Buy 3 Dave solo cd's, say 3 "Heil Mr.Badguy"'s, and douse yourself in Jack Daniels to repent.
                DLR penance, cool!
                "If anyone came here hoping to hear Sammy Hagar Van Halen, there's the fucking door, man!" Ralph Saenz, Atomic Punks

"Carpe Mammarium"

Comment

• generalroth
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
                  How true !!!!!! i WOULD NOT GO TO A VAN HAGAR SHOW EVEN IF THE TICKETS WERE FREE FRONT ROW W/ BACK STAGE PASS. FUCK VAN HAGER FOREVER!

Comment

• tucsonclay
                    Roth Army Recruit
                    • Dec 2004

well Hagar gets on my nerves...its not much of a show. Like that Sam and Dave video says, Sam brings the party on stage (kinda), Dave IS the party. I did have to see the show for free though, if only because I am primarly a guitarist and I will go see even a shitty band if the guitarist is good. Eddie was my main inspiration (along with Hendrix and Clapton) for starting to play guitar. I have been playing for 20 years now and my style has changed in a lot of ways, but my main core is still VH and Hendrix inspired. So its like this....if Hendrix came back from the grave and was going to play with Hanson, Id be at the show..haha. Thanks for the feedback guys. Glad to be on board!

Clay
                    TucsonClay - guitarist

Comment

• CROWBAR
                      Commando
                      • Sep 2004

Tell us you heckled Hagar and all is good!

Comment

• DlocRoth
                        ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

I wasn't even there, but hell, I'll heckle him.

"Hey ya fat fuck, what are you smilin at? Dont you have a bedsheet to wear somewhere?
                        Nice capris! ya poodle haired, tequila shillin', sandal wearin, no talent havin hack.
                        Hey you shoulda been a sailor instead of a singer, cuz your mutiny on the high C's."

Thank you or your time.
                        Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• DlocRoth
                          ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Oh yeah, welcome Clay.
                          Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• scottydabodi
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jun 2004

So its like this....if Hendrix came back from the grave and was going to play with Hanson, Id be at the show..haha.
                            Holy shit... Hendrix/Hanson? Yowza...
                            If you listen to fools
                            The Mob Rules

Comment

• turboblues

...if Hendrix came back from the grave and was going to play with Hanson, Id be at the show..haha.

Clay
                              Count me in, that would be a real "experience"!

Comment

Working...