PDA

View Full Version : Dave Mustaine Apologizes to Metallica,Slayer,Ex-Megadeth members

PHOENIX
12-13-2004, 08:51 PM
MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine has posted the following message on the group's official message board:

"Droogies!

"Tonight I had the honor and priveledge to host a special [MTV2 'Headbanger's Ball'] tribute to the life of Darrel 'Dimebag' Abbott.

"I went out to NYC Thursday at 9:30 PM on a redeye to do this, and during the period since then, I have had a good amount of time to reflect on my own life.

"I realized how fortunate I am, and have been to have met some of you, and in some cases become friends with many of you.

"What is bothering me is the people who I have not been able to meet, or worse, have met and ended up not being friends with. There are many.

"I would like to, in honor of Darrel's life, learn from him and how many friends he apparently had made.

"Over my career I have a lot of cleaning up to do on my side of the street as well as letting things go, for once and for all; I need to apologize to many people and also to forgive and quit holding grudges.

"Having said that, if there is something I did to you or someone you know, please give me the opportunity to make this right.

"To SLAYER and METALLICA: I am sorry for whatever I may have done in the past and wish to make it right, to put it behind us. Please let me know how and when we can talk this out.

"To previous bandmembers and managers: I say the same to you.

"To all the MEGADETH/METALLICA fans: from this day forward, there will never be another unkind word from my mouth perpetuating this silly 22-year-old feud.

"And to heavy metal fans around the world: I am going to emulate Dimebag by being more like him; more friendly, and more interested in your lives too, I promise.

"I am grateful to have been asked to come in this hour of darkness to represent us all as we come together and heal as a worldwide music community, and I would be a fraud if I didn't say I need to do more to better represent.

"Thank you in advance for your forgiveness and for your support

rustoffa
12-13-2004, 09:06 PM
Whoah....looks like someone loosened a chip on his shoulder, eh?

PHOENIX
12-13-2004, 09:16 PM
Here's hoping to a Real Megadeth Reunion!

Maybe even a Metallica/Slayer/Megadeth tour!

Top Jimmy
12-14-2004, 02:58 AM
I'd really love to see him onstage with Metallica, for a night, at a club somewhere.

lms2
12-14-2004, 03:22 AM
I wish Ed or Al would read that. Maybe some well meaning friend of theirs will send it to them.

Panamark
12-14-2004, 04:28 AM
FUCK ?????

Original Metallica reunion ?????? (Minus Cliff)

Megadeth Reunion with Marty Friedman ??????

EbDawson
12-14-2004, 09:07 AM
I guess this means he'll no longer play "Something I'm Not" in concert anymore, it was about Lars.

Friedman was the one who left Megadeth because he didn't want to play metal anymore. He and Dave are on good terms.

Seshmeister
12-14-2004, 09:20 AM
How about an apology to anyone that's ever had to listen to his 'music'...?:)

Seshmeister
12-14-2004, 09:22 AM
I love this pic...

http://www.soundofurchin.com/hanksonthemoon/mustaineprom.gif

EbDawson
12-14-2004, 09:26 AM
Well I'm sure his sympathy only goes so far.

EbDawson
12-14-2004, 09:28 AM
Who's the hot chick on the left? :D

Carmine
12-14-2004, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by PHOENIX

THAT would fuggin rule!

Seshmeister
12-14-2004, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by EbDawson
Who's the hot chick on the left? :D

Her date doesn't look too happy for some reason...:)

EbDawson
12-14-2004, 09:55 AM
Maybe he's got to carry her home! :D

Golden AWe
12-14-2004, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by EbDawson
Maybe he's got to carry her home! :D

Even carrying her over the doorstep might be a bit too heavy task for the guy...

LoungeMachine
12-14-2004, 12:12 PM
Me thinks Dave Mustaine will never again be able to take the stage without at least one eye looking for a gun.

A firecracker alone would probably give him a coronary

Mezro
12-14-2004, 01:29 PM
He should apologize for calling his fans Droogies.

Mezro...hello Droogies, welcome to Camp Douche...

Warham
12-14-2004, 03:37 PM
What a pussy.

loss of fools
12-14-2004, 04:00 PM
he shouldent apologize to metallica for anything

DLR_EngineRoom
12-14-2004, 06:53 PM
MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine has posted the following message on the group's official message board:

"Droogies!

"Tonight I had the honor and priveledge to host a special [MTV2 'Headbanger's Ball'] tribute to the life of Darrel 'Dimebag' Abbott.

"I went out to NYC Thursday at 9:30 PM on a redeye to do this, and during the period since then, I have had a good amount of time to reflect on my own life.

"I realized how fortunate I am, and have been to have met some of you, and in some cases become friends with many of you.

"What is bothering me is the people who I have not been able to meet, or worse, have met and ended up not being friends with. There are many.

"I would like to, in honor of Darrel's life, learn from him and how many friends he apparently had made.

"Over my career I have a lot of cleaning up to do on my side of the street as well as letting things go, for once and for all; I need to apologize to many people and also to forgive and quit holding grudges.

"Having said that, if there is something I did to you or someone you know, please give me the opportunity to make this right.

"To SLAYER and METALLICA: I am sorry for whatever I may have done in the past and wish to make it right, to put it behind us. Please let me know how and when we can talk this out.

"To previous bandmembers and managers: I say the same to you.

"To all the MEGADETH/METALLICA fans: from this day forward, there will never be another unkind word from my mouth perpetuating this silly 22-year-old feud.

"And to heavy metal fans around the world: I am going to emulate Dimebag by being more like him; more friendly, and more interested in your lives too, I promise.

"I am grateful to have been asked to come in this hour of darkness to represent us all as we come together and heal as a worldwide music community, and I would be a fraud if I didn't say I need to do more to better represent.

"Thank you in advance for your forgiveness and for your support

I wholeheartedly salute Mustaine for that. One of, if not the most, human thing (ideally and hopefully practically too) to admit to. I was never a Megadeth/Mustaine fan, but that's one helluva human and conscientious thing to say. Full applause. Ab-Salute.

Diamondjimi
12-14-2004, 07:02 PM
Sounds like Mustaine is worried that someone might go after him.
What a puss!
He's never been at Dimebag' level.At best Mustaines a notch or two below. Mustanus wrote some great shit over the years ,but nothing he's done can compare to the pure raw crushing power of Dime, neither riffs or solos.
Mustaine should kick Lars in the cunt and form a band with Hetfield and Newsted !
Metallica died on September 26 1986. The day Cliff Burton died.
Poor fucker has been turning in his grave since they put out their dance hit "Sandman".

R.I.P. Dime
Gone but never forgotten.

PHOENIX
12-14-2004, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by diamondjimi

Metallica died on September 26 1986. The day Cliff Burton died.
Poor fucker has been turning in his grave since they put out their dance hit "Sandman".

Enter Sandman is far from being a "dance hit" and heavier than anything DLR or Van Halen has ever put out.

Panamark
12-15-2004, 01:20 AM
diamondjimi, even you must realize that mustaine pretty much co-wrote the first two metallica albums... He (in my opinion) was as important as Cliff.

I agree that they were never the same without these two's influence.
As for Dimebag being a better riffmeister than Mustaine?
I guess everyone has their own opinions...
Im yet to hear any Pantera that compares with the best Megadeth.

Pantera was cool, dont get me wrong. But to disrespect Megadeth is a joke. They were/are metal pioneers and keep the flame burning.

Enter Sandman is a dance song ??

Dude, you gotta vent on the britneys and chrsitinas of this world. Not bonafide metal bands.. We need more metal !!!

Warham
12-15-2004, 06:52 AM
Megadeth is higher on the list than Pantera. Longevity and quality have alot to do with that.

ODShowtime
12-15-2004, 08:28 AM
It's a shame that it often takes a tradgedy for someone to pull their head out of their ass.

DLR7884
12-15-2004, 09:52 AM
Enter Sandman is far from being a "dance hit" and heavier than anything DLR or Van Halen has ever put out.

Whoa whoa whoa.

That song is no harder than Unchained.....I think you missed the point of the post.

Cliff Burton would have either quit Metallica when they started selling out and softening thier music in the early 1990's or he would have killed the other band members.

DLR7884
Metallica did die with Cliff, and now they suck donkey balls.

Carmine
12-15-2004, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by DLR7884
Cliff Burton would have either quit Metallica when they started selling out and softening thier music in the early 1990's or he would have killed the other band members.

I dont know about that. In the "Cliff em all" video, there is an interview part with James and Cliff. The question of selling out is posed and cliff answers "Just because we added some harmonies and melodies to our stuff, and don't always play 1000 miles an hour anymore, if people think thats selling out....then whatever.

I agree that they have softened considerably since Master, And Justice...but the "Black" album is awesome, Load and Re-Load are just that(a few decent ones:Aint my bitch, King Nothing, Fuel) and I think St. Anger is the closest they have come to the old stuff yet. I love that album, granted its no "Ride" but its good.

DLR7884
12-15-2004, 10:23 AM
The new stuff sucks.

The band was completely different after Cliff died, with the except on the Garage Days EP.

DLR7884
Did the band even release singles before Justice?

Carmine
12-15-2004, 10:30 AM
listen to "to live is to die" on And Justice....Cliff wrote it! I said the band was different after Cliff died, some of the "fire" was gone. But I like the latest album, its better than load, reload or S&M(jesus). Their covers albums are great! All of them.

DLR7884
12-15-2004, 10:32 AM
Sorry, I feel that anything after the black album is a waste.

DLR7884
Plus they have all become assholes.

Carmine
12-15-2004, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by DLR7884
DLR7884
Plus they have all become assholes.

I'm with ya there bro!

Panamark
12-15-2004, 03:09 PM
Have to agree about the covers albums Metallica have done. The double Garage days CD is the best stuff they did since the early days.
If you are a fan of early metallica, this is a better one to get than Load/Reload/ S&M and St Anger.... (In my opinion)

Mezro
12-15-2004, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Panamark
Have to agree about the covers albums Metallica have done. The double Garage days CD is the best stuff they did since the early days.
If you are a fan of early metallica, this is a better one to get than Load/Reload/ S&M and St Anger.... (In my opinion)

Panamark is right on the money; the Garage Days CD kicks!

Mezro...once I made a mix CD called Shit Load...had the best (LOL) songs from Load/Reload...

Diamondjimi
12-15-2004, 06:44 PM
Hey it's nice to light a fire under peoples asses. It makes for some interesting posts.
To anyone who may not have agreed with my previous rant ,hey it's one mans opinion. Hey, I got ya talkin....
I forget that I'm probably a few years older than some who post here(38) , I'm just old school I guess . It sucks to see your favourite bands who claim to be anti sellout , start writing wussy more "accessable" fluff claiming "Oh we'll never sell out and act like rock stars"
The Pantera guys never pussed,neither has Slayer. I hold a lot of respect for these guys.always have .
Ulrich and Co. are the "Bung Jovi" of metal. Sorry , like it or not !
It's the truth.
And yes the girlies do dance to Metallica.
Somehow they seem to look that much better shakin it to Classic VH...

Roth on !!!!!

PHOENIX
12-15-2004, 08:29 PM
I cant wait to hear what Kerry King has to say about this one.

Flash Bastard
12-15-2004, 08:37 PM
I cant wait to hear what Kerry King has to say about this one.

Glad you asked that......

http://www.bravewords.com/news.html?id=21192

SLAYER’s Kerry King Discusses Feud With MEGADETH’s Dave Mustaine

In a recent interview with Abrasive Rock (www.abrasiverock.com) SLAYER guitarist Kerry King discusses the band’s current tour, the Still Reigning DVD, the next Slayer studio album, KFK Industries, the defining moment in his career, the passing of “Dimebag” Darrell and the effect it will have on the metal scene, his feud with MEGADETH leader Dave Mustaine and much more.

The following is an excerpt from the interview...

Abrasive Rock: There've been many stories lately in the media with regard to your comments about Dave Mustaine. What really started the whole feud?

Kerry King: “I don't know. It's funny how it comes back to me and Mustaine. You'd be hard pressed to find anyone in the media that even likes that guy. I'm just a vocal dude, so somebody always comes back and asks, 'what's up with you and him?' Nothing's up with it. The guy's just a prick, you know? And anybody with half a sac would tell you the same thing. Fuck, shit, total ass, he's an odd guy-fuck him_ He's a fucking douche bag. Let him talk long enough and he'll bury himself. I wish he wasn't such a dickhead, because I'd like to admire him again, you know?”

PHOENIX
12-15-2004, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Flash Bastard
Glad you asked that......

http://www.bravewords.com/news.html?id=21192

SLAYER’s Kerry King Discusses Feud With MEGADETH’s Dave Mustaine

In a recent interview with Abrasive Rock (www.abrasiverock.com) SLAYER guitarist Kerry King discusses the band’s current tour, the Still Reigning DVD, the next Slayer studio album, KFK Industries, the defining moment in his career, the passing of “Dimebag” Darrell and the effect it will have on the metal scene, his feud with MEGADETH leader Dave Mustaine and much more.

The following is an excerpt from the interview...

Abrasive Rock: There've been many stories lately in the media with regard to your comments about Dave Mustaine. What really started the whole feud?

Kerry King: “I don't know. It's funny how it comes back to me and Mustaine. You'd be hard pressed to find anyone in the media that even likes that guy. I'm just a vocal dude, so somebody always comes back and asks, 'what's up with you and him?' Nothing's up with it. The guy's just a prick, you know? And anybody with half a sac would tell you the same thing. Fuck, shit, total ass, he's an odd guy-fuck him_ He's a fucking douche bag. Let him talk long enough and he'll bury himself. I wish he wasn't such a dickhead, because I'd like to admire him again, you know?”

Good find man!

I dont think Kerry likes anybody.:D

Diver Down NJ
12-17-2004, 05:37 PM
If he was sincere, then kudos to Mustaine.

Dave's Bitch
04-17-2005, 01:50 PM
Dave Mustaine shouldnt apologise to those basterds for anything,they treated him like shit,mainly lars and hetfield,being kickd out of metallica was the best thing that ever happend to Mustaine,he formed a band that are 10 times better than metallica and became the king of speed metal,killing is my buisness and buisness is good is twice the album kill em all is,bottom line is Megadeth rule and Metallica sold out meening they now totaly suck ass

ace diamond
10-13-2009, 03:45 PM

thrash of the titans 2:the return
megadeth/anthrax/slayer/metallica

now that would definitely kill 'em all!!!
definetly.........definitely.....definitely kill 'em all.........definitely.....:biggrin:

Golden AWe
10-14-2009, 03:51 AM

Why is he sorry?

I'm thankful for all the possible Metallica bashing and dirt there is!!!

Vinnie Velvet
10-14-2009, 10:51 AM
There was talk of an actual Metallica/Megadeth/Slayer/Anthrax tour.

That would fucking kill.

Nitro Express
10-14-2009, 12:44 PM
Metalilica got neutered when they brought that therapist in and filmed it. They all developed little pink vaginas from that.

Seshmeister
10-14-2009, 02:45 PM
The little pink vagina plays drums.

ELVIS
10-14-2009, 03:40 PM
No, he sings...

Seshmeister
10-14-2009, 03:51 PM
No that's the big hairy vagina... :)

ELVIS
10-14-2009, 04:01 PM
I suppose you're right...

Diamondjimi
10-14-2009, 04:25 PM
Metallica started growing vagines with the "Black" album ,imo!

letsrock
10-14-2009, 06:03 PM
Whats funny is he doesnt say what he did, just "if i did anything".
Then he wants them to call him.

ELVIS
10-15-2009, 09:06 AM
He can't remember...

binnie
10-15-2009, 09:49 AM
There was talk of an actual Metallica/Megadeth/Slayer/Anthrax tour.

That would fucking kill.

It would indeed.

I actually think that they should expand it and include Testament, who are on fire at the moment.

ELVIS
10-15-2009, 11:44 AM
Replace Anthrax with Testament...

binnie
10-15-2009, 12:21 PM
I know what you mean. I LOVE Anthrax, but it seems that they've had no momentum in recent years - sacking Dan Nelson as the record he co-wrote was about to be released was a stupid move. Now they have no singer and, I'm assuming, no record.

A great musical legacy, but of the 'Big 4' they have the least momentum at the moment.

WACF
10-16-2009, 01:41 AM
I know what you mean. I LOVE Anthrax, but it seems that they've had no momentum in recent years - sacking Dan Nelson as the record he co-wrote was about to be released was a stupid move. Now they have no singer and, I'm assuming, no record.

A great musical legacy, but of the 'Big 4' they have the least momentum at the moment.

Would love to have heard the Dan Nelson version...sounds like it was good.

But...John Bush is doing a couple dates so who knows.

I liked that version too...hopefully something comes of it.

letsrock
10-16-2009, 06:48 PM
Anthrax has had how many singers now? 3 0r 4?
Maybe they have a competition going on with EVH?

Top Jimmy
10-18-2009, 01:38 PM
huh...Mustaine launches a shitstorm over at Blabbermouth....suddenly the message board has been taken down for 'maintenance'....

somthing's up...

WACF
10-19-2009, 11:54 AM
huh...Mustaine launches a shitstorm over at Blabbermouth....suddenly the message board has been taken down for 'maintenance'....

somthing's up...

What went on?

Top Jimmy
10-19-2009, 03:47 PM
Dave Mustaine's been pissing and moaning about lack of label support for Megadeth over at Roadrunner...

Roadrunner runs Blabbermouth...

Blabbermouth has been really trying to do a hatchet job on Dave,
using the most damaging quotes from interviews for headlines,
taking things way out of context to stir up shit between Megadave and Slayer, Metallica, etc..,
& only printing portions of interviews to make him look bad without telling the whole story...

so he starts losing his cool and going off, old-school-Mustaine-style...

Well as of a couple days ago, Blabbermouth has been shut down 'for maintenance'...

FEEL THE WRATH OF MEGADAVE!!!!!!!!!!

binnie
10-20-2009, 02:31 AM
Yep, it seems blabbermouth has it in for him.

He's been complaining about the American branch of Roadrunner since 'United Abominations'......

Terry
10-24-2009, 06:35 PM
Seems like it would have been more useful for Mustaine to address his comments directly to those concerned, rather than going the press route.

Does anyone care how nice of a guy he was or wasn't/is or isn't if his music sucks? Or if it is good?

Shut up 'n play yer guitar.

Lqskydiver
06-26-2010, 07:30 PM

Wish granted