PDA

View Full Version : Time To Send Rummy Packing

LoungeMachine
12-15-2004, 10:44 AM
December 14th, 2004 4:20 pm
Stormin' Norm rips Rumsfeld

Daily News

Stormin' Norman Schwarzkopf said yesterday he was "angry" at Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld's response to a soldier who complained he and his fellow grunts in Iraq lack sufficient armor plating.

And Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), a Vietnam War hero, reiterated that he has "no confidence" in the Pentagon boss.

After a soldier told Rumsfeld that he and his fellow servicemen must scrounge for metal to better fortify their Humvees, the secretary told him, "You go to war with the Army you have." That response didn't sit well with the former general.

"They deserve every bit of protection we can give them," Schwarzkopf scowled in an interview with "Hardball" host Chris Matthews on MSNBC. "I was very, very disappointed - let me put it stronger - I was angry by the words of the secretary of defense."

More than half of the more than 1,200 U.S. troops killed in Iraq have come from insurgent attacks on the vehicles.

"When he [Rumsfeld] laid it all on the Army, I mean, as if he as the secretary of defense didn't have anything to do with it, the Army was over there doing it themselves screwing up," Schwarzkopf said.

McCain piled on in an Associated Press interview .

"I have strenuously argued for larger troop numbers in Iraq, including the right kind of troops - linguists, Special Forces, civil affairs, etc.," he said. "There are very strong differences of opinion between myself and Secretary Rumsfeld on that issue."

LoungeMachine
12-15-2004, 10:47 AM
At what point is this fucking arrogant piece of shit going to be held accountable for the utter clusterfuck under his command?

His mistakes are almost too many to count. His attempt to cover up Abu Grahib is apalling.

WHY IS THIS ASSHOLE NOT HELD ACCOUNTABLE BY THIS ADMINISTRATION?

blueturk
12-15-2004, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
At what point is this fucking arrogant piece of shit going to be held accountable for the utter clusterfuck under his command?

His mistakes are almost too many to count. His attempt to cover up Abu Grahib is apalling.

Because to hold Rummy accountable would be saying that things aren't going just fucking great. Dammit,don't you understand? EVERYTHING'S FINE!!!!

jhale667
12-15-2004, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by blueturk
Because to hold Rummy accountable would be saying that things aren't going just fucking great. Dammit,don't you understand? EVERYTHING'S FINE!!!!

Hysterical!:D

ODShowtime
12-15-2004, 01:43 PM

Because he is the administration. No difference. We had a chance to hold him accountable. 49 million people did, but it wasn't good enough.

BigBadBrian
12-15-2004, 02:55 PM
I think there are better qualified people than Rumsfeld, but you guys crack me up as to your complete lack of understanding to military matters. ;)

ODShowtime
12-15-2004, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
I think there are better qualified people than Rumsfeld, but you guys crack me up as to your complete lack of understanding to military matters. ;)

BBB, he should have been much better prepared to fight a long guerilla war. He should have known it was coming and he should have better prepared for it. I'm armchair quarterbacking, but he is paid enough money and has enough experience and enough staff to make the correct decisions. In fact, his qualifications are excellent. He's great on paper. But he's a pompous, arrogant, bullheaded asshole. If WWII was run like this, we would have never left North Africa.

"Oh, I didn't know it would be hot out. We didn't anticipate needing so more gas for the tanks" SHUT THE FUCK UP

Nickdfresh
12-15-2004, 03:03 PM
"You traitorous enemies fo freedom! I'll get you all. Muhuhawhawhaw..."

Nickdfresh
12-15-2004, 03:04 PM
Origionally posted by BigBadBrian

I think there are better qualified people than Rumsfeld, but you guys crack me up as to your complete lack of understanding to military matters.

Funny, Rumsfeld's arrogence and lack of understanding of military matters would crack me up, except it has contributed to perhaps thousands of needless deaths. :rolleyes:

Nickdfresh
12-15-2004, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
BBB, he should have been much better prepared to fight a long guerilla war. He should have known it was coming and he should have better prepared for it. I'm armchair quarterbacking, but he is paid enough money and has enough experience and enough staff to make the correct decisions. In fact, his qualifications are excellent. He's great on paper. But he's a pompous, arrogant, bullheaded asshole. If WWII was run like this, we would have never left North Africa.

No he isn't that great on paper, his sole military experience is a post-Korea Navy jet-jock.

"Oh, I didn't know it would be hot out. We didn't anticipate needing so more gas for the tanks" SHUT THE FUCK UP

http://goddoubleplusblessamerica.org/jest/card-rumsfeld.jpg
Rumsfeld is the armchair General. He thought he knew better than everybody and has been continually scornful of any senior Generals that are not willing to become one of his lackies and minions.

BigBadBrian
12-15-2004, 08:31 PM

"They deserve every bit of protection we can give them," Schwarzkopf scowled in an interview with "Hardball" host Chris Matthews on MSNBC.

I guess it's a good thing we didn't have to go to war five years ago if our military is in such a dilapidated state. I'm also glad Senator Kerry didn't approve the funds for our people in the Middle East. Oh, that's right...he did vote for that.....no he didn't.....yes he did.....wait a minute........ :gulp:

LoungeMachine
12-15-2004, 08:35 PM

With all due respect B3...................

Go fuck yourself if you think our outrage is due to ignorance.

4 Star Generals and Senators with COMBAT EXPERIENCE ARE CALLING HIM OUT

What say YOU about THEIR "lack of understanding"

Or better yet,

Please enlighten us with your Military Wisdom to all of the great things he has handled

DEMON CUNT
12-15-2004, 08:50 PM

Bitch please! You're always talking about what others don't know...

Care to enlighten us with your vast knowledge of military matters, General Schwarzkopf?

Once again BigBland, you have nothing to say.

ODShowtime
12-16-2004, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Rumsfeld is the armchair General. He thought he knew better than everybody and has been continually scornful of any senior Generals that are not willing to become one of his lackies and minions.

I heard Rummy on some Fox TV show last night in a phone interview responding to the problems he had with the troop questions last week. He said "I have generals and the joint chiefs of staff and all the generals on the ground in Iraq and I asked them if they had what they need and they looked me in the eye and said "yes we do."

Oh yeah fucker? What's the difference if they say that or you do? You hand picked them all and drove anyone with a dissenting voice out! That's extreme arrogance and that's how mistakes are made. And in this game mistakes = American lives.

These people create their own realities, then cite them later! I could do that too, it's not that difficult.

LoungeMachine
12-16-2004, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by ODShowtime

These people create their own realities, then cite them later! I could do that too, it's not that difficult.

And then you could post ala Warham, Elvis, et al:D

ODShowtime
12-16-2004, 11:29 AM
And then you could post ala Warham, Elvis, et al:D

Well LM, you get that nice fuzzy feeling when the wool's pulled over your eyes.

BigBadBrian
12-16-2004, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by DEMON CUNT
Bitch please! You're always talking about what others don't know...

Care to enlighten us with your vast knowledge of military matters, General Schwarzkopf?

It would take years and more bandwidth than this site would allow. :gulp: :D

LoungeMachine
12-16-2004, 12:38 PM

Reminds me of the line in Animal House about fighting Dean Wormer with "conventional weapons", "it would take years, and cost millions of lives"

:D

Give us the Reader's Digest version of why Rummy has been worth keeping his job, B3

ODShowtime
12-16-2004, 02:09 PM
this I'd like to hear...

Nickdfresh
12-16-2004, 02:46 PM
GOP lawmaker Collins joins Rumsfeld critics
Senator's letter cites armored vehicle situation in Iraq
From Joe Johns and Steve Turnham
CNN Washington Bureau
Thursday, December 16, 2004 Posted: 10:52 AM EST (1552 GMT)

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- U.S. Sen. Susan Collins, a member of the Senate Armed Services Committee, has joined other Republicans in criticizing Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld.

Collins, R-Maine, fired off a tough letter Wednesday to Rumsfeld, describing his remarks about the lack of "up-armored" Humvees in war zones as "troubling."

"I am very concerned that it appears the Pentagon failed to do everything in its power to increase production" of the vehicles, Collins wrote.

"The Department of Defense still has been unable to ensure that our troops have the equipment they need to perform their mission as safely as possible."

Collins also complained that the Army requested production of an additional 100 Humvees a month only after a soldier complained about the lack of necessary armor on trucks during a December 9 town hall meeting with Rumsfeld in Kuwait.

"Thus far, the Pentagon has received only 5,910 of the 8,105 of factory-armored Humvees commanders say they need," Collins wrote. "Why was this request not placed earlier to increase fully armored Humvee production from 450 to 550 a month at a time when many of us brought to the Pentagon's attention the shortages relayed to us by our constituent-troops and their families?"

Rumsfeld responded to a question about soldiers using scrap metal to improve protection on trucks, saying "you go to war with the Army you have, not the Army you might want or wish to have."

U.S. Sen. Chuck Hagel, R-Nebraska, said troops in Iraq "deserved a far better answer than that flippant response."

"That might work in a newsroom where you can be cute with a television audience," he told CNN this week, "but not in a room where you're putting men and women in harm's way. I wonder what the parents thought."

Rumsfeld told the troops that shortages of armor did not stem from a lack of money but were "a matter of physics." The manufacturers of add-on armor are producing it as fast as humanly possible, he said.

Two companies producing armor plating disputed that assertion and said they could produce as many as double the number of armor kits in a month.

In May, Gen. Richard Myers, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, fielded a similar question about armor on military vehicles from a soldier in Baghdad -- an event that Rumsfeld also attended.

"It's not a matter of resources; it's a matter of how fast can we build these things and get them over here," Myers said, according to a Defense Department transcript.

On Wednesday, Brig. Gen. Jeffrey Sorenson told reporters that the Army will spend $4 billion on buying uparmored trucks and add-on kits in the next six to eight months.

McCain also critical
Another influential Republican on the Armed Services Committee, Sen. John McCain of Arizona has been sharply critical of Rumsfeld.

McCain said he has "no confidence" in the defense secretary and told The Associated Press, "There are very strong differences of opinion between myself and Secretary Rumsfeld" on the issue of troop strength in Iraq. (Full story)

The Pentagon said this month that it was dispatching an additional 1,500 troops to Iraq and extending the stays of more than 10,000 others to bolster security ahead of the January elections. The moves will bring the number of American forces in Iraq from nearly 140,000 to an all-time high of about 150,000, the Pentagon said.

Calls for Rumsfeld's resignation have come from some outspoken Democrats -- notably Sen. Joe Biden of Delaware and Sen. Jon Corzine of New Jersey.

"No one has been held accountable" for any of things that have gone wrong in the Iraq war -- "the miscalculation and interpretation of the intelligence before the war," a "failure to secure all the weapons dumps" and "a problem with our administration of the prisons," Corzine said this week.

Biden said that "it was time for him to step down a year and a half ago" and said that if indeed the nation went to war "with the Army we had and it was ill-equipped, then we should have waited." ("Late Edition" transcript)

Biden added that Rumsfeld left "an incredibly mechanized Army" at home.

"We did not go with the Army we had," he said.

However, Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-South Carolina, has defended Rumsfeld, saying the secretary's leadership "has been firm when we needed to be firm."

"We misunderstood the nature of what we thought would happen after Baghdad," Graham said Sunday.

A spokesman for the Senate Armed Service Committee, John Ullyot, released a statement this week indicating that the armor issue will play a major part of an oversight hearing on the Iraq mission early in the new Congress, which meets January 4.

"Since the first day the Defense Department identified a shortage of vehicle armor, Congress not only has provided the full armor funding requested by the department, it has gone beyond that, by providing $1.3 billion more for additional armor and armored vehicles in 2003-2004," the statement said.

Copyright 2004 CNN. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Associated Press contributed to this report.

LoungeMachine
12-16-2004, 02:54 PM
December 16th, 2004 2:42 pm
Mississippi's Sen. Lott says Rumsfeld not the right leader for Department of Defense

Associated Press

Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld should be replaced sometime in the next year, Sen. Trent Lott says.

"I'm not a fan of Secretary Rumsfeld," Lott told the Biloxi Chamber of Commerce on Wednesday. "I don't think he listens enough to his uniformed officers."

Rumsfeld has under heavy criticism since a soldier asked him last week why the combat vehicles used in the war in Iraq don't have the proper armor. Both Rumsfeld and President Bush have said more vehicle armor will be shipped to Iraq.

Lott, speaking to the civic club Wednesday, said the United States needs more troops to help with the war and a plan to leave Iraq once elections take place in late January. The Mississippi Republican doesn't think Rumsfeld is the person to carry out that plan.

"I would like to see a change in that slot in the next year or so," Lott said. "I'm not calling for his resignation, but I think we do need a change at some point."

Lott lost his post as Senate majority leader two years ago after praising Strom Thurmond's 1948 segregationist presidential run.

On Monday, Sen. John McCain told The Associated Press he has "no confidence" in Rumsfeld, citing Rumsfeld's handling of the war in Iraq and the failure to send more troops.

McCain, Republican of Arizona, said his comments were not a call for Rumsfeld's resignation, explaining that Bush "can have the team that he wants around him."

He said he had also expressed lack of confidence in Rumsfeld when fielding a similar question a couple of weeks ago.

LoungeMachine
12-16-2004, 02:55 PM
AND THE HITS JUST KEEP ON COMING..................

DEMON CUNT
12-16-2004, 03:33 PM

Whatever, bitch.

You are so full of pure bullshit.

ODShowtime
12-16-2004, 04:21 PM
Those Senators are always copying our shit. We're sitting here posting about how incompetent rummy is, how he doesn't listen to his people on the ground, how he should have been better prepared to fight an insurgency, how he LIED to the American people, and what do you know? A couple of days later these Johnny-come-lately US Senators (from both sides of the aisle) are copying us. I said the same shit. Can't they come up with any material of their own?