PDA

View Full Version : VH not inducted in the R&R Hall of Fame 2005

SgtPepper1
12-15-2004, 04:12 PM
Here's a list of this year's inductees:

Buddy Guy - Known as the towering master of Chicago blues guitar, he is a musician's musician who has had a major influence over countless guitarists including Eric Clapton, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Jeff Beck, Pete Townshend and Keith Richards.

Percy Sledge - Nicknamed "The Golden Voice of Soul," Sledge sired the legendary Muscle Shoals sound. His vocals on songs such as "When a Man Loves a Woman," "Take Time to Know Her," "It Tears Me Up" and "Warm and Tender Love" resonate around the world as he continues to tour the Americas, Europe, Asia, and Africa.

The O'Jays (Eddie Levert, Bobby Massey, William Powell, Sammy Strain, Walter Williams) - The Ohio based group landed on Gamble & Huff's Philadelphia International Records in 1972, becoming the premier vocal standard-bearers for the sound that dominated black music for nearly a decade. They have amassed dozens of hits including "Love Train," "Backstabbers," and "For the Love of Money," and their smooth style has never gone out of vogue.

The Pretenders (Martin Chambers, Pete Farndon, James Honeyman-Scott, Chrissie Hynde) - Formed in late Seventies London, The Pretenders have endured as one of the most successful groups to emerge from the New Wave era. Singer and rhythm guitarist Chrissie Hynde writes songs (such as "Brass in Pocket, "Back on the Chain Gang," "Don't Get Me Wrong" and "Middle of the Road") about everyday survival with a tough, self-assured persona.

U2 (Bono, Adam Clayton, The Edge, Larry Mullen Jr.) - This quartet from Dublin has displayed an extraordinary capacity to create exhilarating music that continues to change with the times. Their creative restlessness has given each new record a never-before-heard style that influenced a countless number of artists. Songs such as "One," "Where the Streets Have No Name" and "Sunday Bloody Sunday" address complex, compelling social and spiritual issues but still manage to be accessible. The band's recently released record, How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb ranks among their best work and they will embark on a world tour in 2005.

In addition, the following will be inducted in the Lifetime Achievement in the Non-Performer category:

Frank Barsalona - The founder and president of Premier Talent Agency, Barsalona created the first legitimate rock and roll booking agency. Along the way, he single handedly reinvented the way artists, agents, venues and promoters did business. His roster included Led Zeppelin, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Pretenders, The Who and U2.

Seymour Stein - The Chairman of Sire Records, Stein co-founded the label in 1966, and has been one of the most successful and influential executives in the music business. His ability to discover new talent led to signings of many groundbreaking artists such as The Ramones, Madonna, The Pretenders, Talking Heads, Seal, Depeche Mode, Ice-T, The Cure, The Smiths, kd Lang and Barenaked Ladies. The label is still going strong after nearly 40 years and still innovative with recent singings including The Von Bondies, HIM, Regina Spektor, The Fags and The Veronicas.

There are some decent inductees this year, but how can VH (or Black Sabbath or KISS for that matter) not be inducted year after year and the Pretenderrs get in the first year they're eligible? I like the Pretenders, but c'mon!

Matt

Brett
12-15-2004, 04:17 PM
Who cares already, the list of artists getting in every year gets more and more stupid. U2 deserves it, but my god the rest of that list is just sad. Soon this thing is just going to be totally irrelevant IMO.

DLR7884
12-15-2004, 05:30 PM
THE RRHOF IS IRRELEVANT.

DLR7884
I AGREE.

Terry
12-15-2004, 05:31 PM
Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has been irrelevant from the word go. Just another case of people in the music biz kissing each others asses. Has about as much to do with Rock and Roll as the Hard Rock Cafe. Just another case of has-been rebels demonstrating their corporatized attitude.

Guess fame and fortune aren't enough for some.

Take a look at who's in there and who isn't. There's your relevance barometer.

Brett
12-15-2004, 06:05 PM
Yup.

aesop
12-15-2004, 08:15 PM
They're just waiting for the reunion, that's all.

tydhurst
12-15-2004, 10:54 PM
How did the Ramones get in there?

scottydabodi
12-15-2004, 10:59 PM
RnR Hall of Fame is just another BAD joke played on the people so they can think that their favorite band was more important than someone else's favorite band... VH not getting recognized (or Black Sabbath) is b.s., we ALL know that, but then again, maybe Warner Bros. didn't want to shell out the $$ for them to be considered.

Matt White
12-15-2004, 11:24 PM
Would they have inducted The Rolling Stones with a singer other than MICK?
Would LED ZEPPELIN have gotten in with somebody other than ROBERT PLANT as frontman?

VAN HALEN - DAVID LEE ROTH = (zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz).

Seems to me the RRHOF people have this one pegged dead nuts!

Fabulous Shadow
12-15-2004, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by aesop

I have heard this too... I heard 06 would be their year...

teamaa104
12-16-2004, 01:00 AM
the rock and roll hall of fame is a complete joke, and if van halen were to make it in, they would probably get inducted with spammy as the singer, so fuck it

cwsmith17
12-16-2004, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by DLR7884
THE RRHOF IS IRRELEVANT.

DLR7884
I AGREE.

What?

DLR7884
12-16-2004, 05:05 PM
THE ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME IS IRRELEVANT.

IT IS POINTLESS.

DLR7884
THAT CLEAR NOW?

Brett
12-16-2004, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by aesop

Gonna be a long fucking wait.

bueno bob
12-16-2004, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Brett
Gonna be a long fucking wait.

Nobody knows for certain.

Based on rock history in general, a FULL Van Halen/DLR reunion is a statistical inevitability.

It's only a matter of when.

redblkwht
12-16-2004, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Nobody knows for certain.

Based on rock history in general, a FULL Van Halen/DLR reunion is a statistical inevitability.

It's only a matter of when. I tend to disagree, Dave dont
care anymore.. alice has the block on, unless Eddie picks up his balls
it isnt gonna happen, ever.
in this scenario, =VH= will be long dead before inducted.
ala the beatles.

DLRdelight!
12-16-2004, 11:45 PM
The rock n roll hall of fame isnt as glorius as it once was, eventually they will get in, by they already know themselves that they will be in it some day, because it just aint a hall of fame without dave and the boys

Matt White
12-17-2004, 12:14 AM
If DAVE ain't runnin' VAN HALEN, who GIVES a fuck if their in the RRHOF?!?!

The way that tour went, they'll be in the unemployement line soon!

teamaa104
12-17-2004, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by DLR7884
THE ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME IS IRRELEVANT.

IT IS POINTLESS.

DLR7884
THAT CLEAR NOW?

thank you, totally agree

sonic_raver
12-17-2004, 04:06 PM
The good thing about the hall is you get to see each band play two songs. I saw ac/dc on there a few years ago. The hall induction might be our only chance to see dave with vh again. But other than that it sucks because it sort of makes rock n roll an instituition or business like pro sports. Not very rebellious or dangerous which its supposed to be.

DavidLeeNatra
12-17-2004, 04:08 PM
to quote the man..."if ed can find the building...anything can happen"

LookN4AMootBeat
12-18-2004, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
to quote the man..."if ed can find the building...anything can happen"

LOL I like that one, 5 stars ;)

POJO_Risin
12-18-2004, 02:14 PM
I cannot fucking believe...that there are still people that want a fucking reunion...and still think it's inevitable...

a couple of things...

The Stones are still relevant. Why? Because they've never been out of the spotlight...new music...big bang tours...and those fuckers hate each other...they can all still play...

Van Halen is no longer fucking relevant...WOULD YOU want to see this band with Dave again? Ed...who's just not with us anymore...Michael...who's head is up so many asses...that you have to wonder how long he spends daily poking shit out of his eyes and knows to see and breath...and Alex...who may be the biggest piece of shit of this band...

and Dave...who...if he did return...we'd all have to ask...why? Why go back to three guys who have fucking disrespected you non-stop for 20 fucking years...

the music is important...but if Dave were to eat crow...and go back to these fucking assholes at this point...would you lose a bit for him?

Classic Van Halen was the best thing on this damn planet. You know I think that because I help run this joint...

but at this point...give it up...it's done...it's over...Classic Van Halen is gone...no longer relevant...in a new form...

and Ed continuing to shit on the fucking legacy makes me wanna fucking start listening to Up With People...

As for the Hall of Fame...have you been there?

it's a joke...period...

if VH isn't in because of all of this shit that has gone on for 20 years...then fuck them...they should be able to go back to the original era...and induct that version...

if they can't...then I don't care...

the theatrics of it all wouldn't even be worth it to me at this point...

I'll continue to follow Roth in whatever shape or form he takes in the next few years...

but who gives a shit about a future reunion...

fanofdave
12-18-2004, 02:32 PM
i'm waiting for Dave to get elected into the hall of fame.
when he gives an acceptance speech, he can thank those
3 other guys for helping him achieve the fame he has today.

maybe ed, alex and mike will play at Dave's induction
since they won't have anything to do that day......

POJO_Risin
12-18-2004, 02:43 PM
I'd rather see him play with a band that can still play...Vai...Sheehan and Bissonette...

fuck that other version...

christ...I'm starting to sound like TMR...

tjvhou812
12-18-2004, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
I cannot fucking believe...that there are still people that want a fucking reunion...and still think it's inevitable...

a couple of things...

The Stones are still relevant. Why? Because they've never been out of the spotlight...new music...big bang tours...and those fuckers hate each other...they can all still play...

Van Halen is no longer fucking relevant...WOULD YOU want to see this band with Dave again? Ed...who's just not with us anymore...Michael...who's head is up so many asses...that you have to wonder how long he spends daily poking shit out of his eyes and knows to see and breath...and Alex...who may be the biggest piece of shit of this band...

and Dave...who...if he did return...we'd all have to ask...why? Why go back to three guys who have fucking disrespected you non-stop for 20 fucking years...

the music is important...but if Dave were to eat crow...and go back to these fucking assholes at this point...would you lose a bit for him?

Classic Van Halen was the best thing on this damn planet. You know I think that because I help run this joint...

but at this point...give it up...it's done...it's over...Classic Van Halen is gone...no longer relevant...in a new form...

and Ed continuing to shit on the fucking legacy makes me wanna fucking start listening to Up With People...

As for the Hall of Fame...have you been there?

it's a joke...period...

if VH isn't in because of all of this shit that has gone on for 20 years...then fuck them...they should be able to go back to the original era...and induct that version...

if they can't...then I don't care...

the theatrics of it all wouldn't even be worth it to me at this point...

I'll continue to follow Roth in whatever shape or form he takes in the next few years...

but who gives a shit about a future reunion...

vh is an on going soap opera....

you never know whats gonna happen w/these guys

so i would never count a reunion out

besides the point i would give my right nut for a reunion

DavidLeeNatra
12-18-2004, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by tjvhou812
besides the point i would give my right nut for a reunion

can you give a hand? at least you seem to use that part of your body...

and...amen pojo...A M E N !!!

doggystyle
12-18-2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
I'd rather see him play with a band that can still play...Vai...Sheehan and Bissonette...

Yo, those fuckin cats sounded horrible playin the mighty six material, mofo! God, it was downright embarassing.

Ever listen to an EEAS-band boot version of Unchained? You'd never know it was once a kickass monster of a tune. Cringe-inducing fucking crapola.

DavidLeeNatra
12-18-2004, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by doggystyle
Yo, those fuckin cats sounded horrible playin the mighty six material, mofo! God, it was downright embarassing.

Ever listen to an EEAS-band boot version of Unchained? You'd never know it was once a kickass monster of a tune. Cringe-inducing fucking crapola.

nice avatar :D

doggystyle
12-18-2004, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
nice avatar :D

Slap dat shit, Scooby!