PDA

View Full Version : Majerus signs on to coach USC...then...resigns

POJO_Risin
12-19-2004, 12:16 AM
Dude...make up your fatass mind...

he's heading back to ESPN...

This shit is ridiculous...

Majerus is a good coach...but he's going insane or some shit...

ALinChainz
12-19-2004, 12:19 AM
Change of heart.

Smart move, he would have never made it 2 seasons.

But yeah, you're retired dude, stay that way and quit fucking with people.

redblkwht
12-19-2004, 12:31 AM
I dont get it either, was their a reason posted as of yet?
Kinda reminds me of the big stroke job Parcells did to
the Buccaneers after they fired Dungy..:rolleyes:

POJO_Risin
12-19-2004, 12:33 AM
I just don't think he wanted to do it...or he did...then didn't...

Or Marino...with the Dolphins...

ALinChainz
12-19-2004, 12:38 AM
The only comment the university would make is that they would speak with him Monday, so it sounds like they were caught a little off guard.

POJO_Risin
12-19-2004, 12:41 AM
yeah...he cancelled a ton of meetings as well...with assistants...and the team...

High Life Man
12-20-2004, 02:31 PM
I don't blame him.

He's got a cushy analyst job.

He lives in the Brew City's most posh hotel. Funnily named the Pfister.

He just bought a house here. He loves it here and this is where he is from and where his family lives. He's revered here. He assist coaches the Bucks and the Badgers when he feels like it.

Why go through all the stress and possibly kill yourself when you don't have to?

POJO_Risin
12-20-2004, 02:36 PM
I don't have a problem with anything you said...and would agree with it all...

However...when you accept the job...talk to the university...players...blah...blah...blah...

then resign 2 days later...well...that's fucking idiotic...

He should have said no from the start...

Brett
12-20-2004, 03:44 PM
Oh well, it was fun to have a real coach for about two seconds.

He probably realized the cost of living in LA was a tad bit higher than in Salt Lake City. ;)

POJO_Risin
12-21-2004, 03:48 PM
Who are they looking at now Brett? I heard some big names...including your old Laker lackey Paul Westphal...George Karl...Bobby Knight of course...

I think you are going to get a good one...

Brett
12-21-2004, 04:22 PM
I'll take any of those guys, that's the rumors I've heard. I've also heard Tim Floyd. Yuck on that, I can't stand that guy.

POJO_Risin
12-21-2004, 04:29 PM
Yeah...I saw Floyd as well...and thought...damn...he'd probably be the guy on the phone every day to USC...please take me...please take me...

if USC had any sense though...they'd spend the money on the other three guys...

With UCLA down right now...they could actually step above them...

Knight or Karl would be the two guys I'd get...

Brett
12-21-2004, 04:32 PM
Well hey Pete Carroll wasn't the #1, #2, or #3 choices for the football team. He basically went on campus and went into Mike Garrett's office and told him he was gonna be the coach, and they didn't have anything better going, so they said, "Ok." Worked in football, maybe it would work with Floyd. But fuck that, I'm not willing to take that chance on Tim Freaking Floyd.

UCLA is getting better, they're very young too.

POJO_Risin
12-21-2004, 04:42 PM
Oh...I agree with you on the last piece...on UCLA...and they have a good coach and recruiter...

but...with them being young...and not quite good...what you would have here...is an opportunity to get a coach who could OUTrecruit USC...

I don't know...if Knight would bring the right players to USC...but perhaps Karl would just be crazy enough to do it...

I don't know...at least they got rid of Bibby...maybe 10 years to late...lmfao...

Brett
12-21-2004, 04:44 PM
Dude the players quit on Bibby, he needed to go. It's just gonna be hard to bring players to USC, the tradition ain't really there. Now the football team's success may help, and the new arena they're getting definitely will help. I'd take anyone with a real proven track record at this point. Bobby Knight doesn't excite me, Karl might be interesting. Same sorta situation as Carroll too.

POJO_Risin
12-21-2004, 05:02 PM
Knight is a name...but his brand of ball isn't what they want at USC...maybe they do...who knows...

Karl's situation is extremely close to Carroll's actually...

ex-pro coach...who wants to roll into college...

Karl caught the fever looking at the UNC job...and now may want to prove a point...

and he runs an offensive program that could bring some excitement...

High Life Man
12-22-2004, 05:13 PM
At least Majerus pulled the plug early.

He was really torn. I saw the press conference yesterday and he was crying like a little bitch. He'll be back...he just needs to get healthy (and that ain't going to happen in the city that's know for it's sausages and beers :D ).

Karl would be a great college coach.

POJO_Risin
12-22-2004, 05:25 PM
Oh...I like Majerus...he needs to lose some weight...lmfao...or he won't ever get healthy...

High Life Man
12-23-2004, 10:12 AM
He's been saying he will for years, but I don't think it's going to happen.

POJO_Risin
12-23-2004, 04:16 PM
He needs to stop living off of room service...that would be a start...lmfao...