PDA

View Full Version : Rumsfeld Too Good To Sign Condolence Letters

blueturk
12-19-2004, 11:35 AM
Instead of signing condolence letters to families of Irag casualties,Rummy has been stamping them with his "signature".I guess the families get the signature they have,not the one they want........http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=topNews&storyID=7132329 (www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=topNews&storyID=7132329)

Nickdfresh
12-19-2004, 12:00 PM
Too many to sign I suppose...

FORD
12-19-2004, 12:30 PM
Yeah, the old fart's arthritis would never let him sign 1300 letters.

Fucking bastard.

LoungeMachine
12-20-2004, 09:30 AM
He can use the machine to "sign" his resignation January 30th.

LoungeMachine
12-20-2004, 09:34 AM
WASHINGTON (Dec. 19) - Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld has decided to personally sign condolence letters to the family members of U.S. troops killed in action rather than letting a machine affix his signature.

Republican and Democratic members of Congress criticized the embattled Pentagon chief on Sunday for not signing the letters himself all along.

''My goodness, that's the least that we could expect of the secretary of defense, is having some personal attention paid by him,'' said Sen. Chuck Hagel, R-Neb., noting that President Bush signs such letters himself.

''If the president of the United States can find time to do that, why can't the Secretary of Defense?'' Hagel, a Vietnam veteran, asked on CBS' ''Face the Nation.''

In a statement Friday, Rumsfeld announced the change in policy and said more than 1,000 condolence letters had gone out to relatives of Americans killed in military action during the global fight against terrorism.

''While I have not individually signed each one, in the interest of ensuring expeditious contact with grieving family members, I have directed that in the future I sign each letter,'' Rumsfeld said in the statement.

''I am deeply grateful for the many letters I have received from the families of those who have been killed in the service of our country, and I recognize and honor their personal loss,'' he said.

The statement, which was reported Friday by the military newspaper, Stars & Stripes, did not specifically refer to troops killed in Iraq, though family members of soldiers who died there told the newspaper they were angry with Rumsfeld's apparent stamped signature. More than 1,300 American troops have died since the war began in March 2003.

Messages left with the Pentagon about the criticism from lawmakers were not immediately returned Sunday.

Sen. Jack Reed, D-R.I., a West Point graduate, said Rumsfeld's failure to sign letters himself until now displayed ''his lack of leadership styles that are appropriate for the military.''

Rep. Roy Blunt of Missouri, the third-ranking Republican in the House said on CNN's ''Late Edition'' that ''signing the letter is a mechanical but an important thing.''

''It's better for him to do it and he's acknowledged that. It was a mistake and it was a mistake that he's now said he will rectify,'' Blunt said.

The signature flap was the latest in a stinging string of criticism in recent weeks of the defense secretary's handling of the war in Iraq.

Several leading Republicans, including Hagel and Sens. Trent Lott of Mississippi and John McCain of Arizona have said they have lost confidence in Rumsfeld. Lott last week said he thought Bush should replace Rumsfeld in the next year.

But Rumsfeld, who agreed to Bush's request earlier this month to remain in the Cabinet during the president's second term, won a vote of confidence from Bush chief of staff Andrew Card on Sunday.

''Secretary Rumsfeld is doing a spectacular job,'' Card told ABC's ''This Week.''

Wayne L.
12-20-2004, 10:39 AM
If this is the issue the mainstream media & the politicians in Washington from both political parties are going after Rumsfeld with because he didn't sign condolence letters to military families then you know the media & politicians have WAY TOO MUCH time on their hands.

LoungeMachine
12-20-2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Wayne L.
If this is the issue the mainstream media & the politicians in Washington from both political parties are going after Rumsfeld with because he didn't sign condolence letters to military families then you know the media & politicians have WAY TOO MUCH time on their hands.

If YOU'RE to myopic and ignorant to read/hear ALL OF THE PREVIOUS REASONS for his firing, well then too bad for you, fucktard.

Go listen to Rush or Faux news some more

Nickdfresh
12-20-2004, 11:11 AM

Gee, it may have something to do the fact we a basically losing Rummy's War in Iraq! Even conservatives are waking up to this trainwreck of a neocon foreign policy. Check my sig. dude!

Wayne L.
12-20-2004, 12:00 PM
I think I know where your educational stupidity is LoungeMachine because it isn't very high on the intellectual level but you have to be an insane far left liberal freak if you think listening to Rush Limbaugh & watching Fox News Channel is a crime.

blueturk
12-20-2004, 12:21 PM
I think I know where your educational stupidity is LoungeMachine because it isn't very high on the intellectual level but you have to be an insane far left liberal freak if you think listening to Rush Limbaugh & watching Fox News Channel is a crime.

It's not criminal to listen to Rush,but you have to be gullible as hell.Limbaugh has all the credibility of a crackhead.

Wayne L.
12-20-2004, 12:28 PM
How much crediblity do you have with information since Rush knows more than you do blueturk?

blueturk
12-20-2004, 02:04 PM
Here's some "information" from Rush from Oct. 5,1995:
"...too many whites are getting away with drug use.Too many whites are getting away with drug sales.Too many whites are getting away with trafficking in this stuff.The answer to this disparity is not to start letting people out of jail because we're not putting others in jail who are breaking the law.The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it,convict them and send them up the river too."

I don't see Rush grabbing a paddle for HIS trip up the river.Like I said,all the credibility of a crackhead.

ODShowtime
12-20-2004, 02:07 PM
How much crediblity do you have with information since Rush knows more than you do blueturk?

As far as I know, Blueturk has never been caught on national syndicated radio repeatedly calling for the arrest and deportation of crimes that Blueturk has been caught committing.

I don't have a clue who blueturk is. He has MUCH more credibility than rush Limbaugh.

LoungeMachine
12-20-2004, 02:33 PM

Your grasp of the english language is all the evidence I need to understand your's.

No, stupidity isn't a crime, or else the whole Administration would be up on charges.

Keep reaching for the stars, Gump

Wayne L.
12-20-2004, 02:38 PM
I'm not a hardcore dittohead at all but I listen to Rush Limbaugh because he's politically incorrect with lots of attitude which upsets far left liberal weenies who are for Osama instead of Bush. I can think for myself unlike some people on the left & the right & I think he should be sent to jail if he's guilty while Bill Clinton GOT OFF EASY for far serious crimes which wasn't about Monica.

FORD
12-20-2004, 03:21 PM
Wayne, shut the fuck up.

Clinton was investigated for every day of his life since at least Junior High school, wasting 70 million taxpayer dollars in the process, and they found NOTHING aside from a Mossad spy bitch who was too nasty to dry clean her fucking cum stained dress.

Get the fuck over it

Mezro
12-20-2004, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by blueturk
Instead of signing condolence letters to families of Irag casualties,Rummy has been stamping them with his "signature

This guy is a piece of slippery shit and needs to pull his head out of his
ass.

Mezro...what a fucking disgrace...

BigBadBrian
12-20-2004, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Wayne, shut the fuck up.

Clinton was investigated for every day of his life since at least Junior High school, wasting 70 million taxpayer dollars in the process, and they found NOTHING aside from a Mossad spy bitch who was too nasty to dry clean her fucking cum stained dress.

Get the fuck over it

FORD, the liberals had a half way decent argument going and then, as usual, you ruined it. :gulp:

Nickdfresh
12-20-2004, 05:24 PM
I'm not a hardcore dittohead at all but I listen to Rush Limbaugh because he's politically incorrect with lots of attitude which upsets far left liberal weenies who are for Osama instead of Bush. I can think for myself unlike some people on the left & the right & I think he should be sent to jail if he's guilty while Bill Clinton GOT OFF EASY for far serious crimes which wasn't about Monica.