PDA

View Full Version : Robert Fergusen for the Green Bay Packers paralyzed?

POJO_Risin
12-19-2004, 07:34 PM
Man...what a fucking hit...

he made a great catch...held onto the ball...but got fucking closelined...he's moving his arms...but as of yet...not his legs...

I'm going to see if I can get a picture of this hit...

Va Beach VH Fan
12-19-2004, 08:02 PM
Darius will probably get suspended for that hit....

Vicious....

BigBadBrian
12-19-2004, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
Darius will probably get suspended for that hit....

Vicious....

Yeah....the Packer's receiving corps is shitty enough as it is. This isn't good.

POJO_Risin
12-19-2004, 08:11 PM
Nothing Wrong with Walker or Driver...better than most...

Northern Girl
12-19-2004, 11:19 PM
He's okay, I think. Got feeling back in his legs while in the ambulance and gave the "thumbs up."

redblkwht
12-20-2004, 12:38 AM
I have yet to see ''THE HIT'' espn hasnt played anything of the
mateer, so im assuming myself he's ok, otherwise it would have been
replayed tonight over & over.

POJO_Risin
12-20-2004, 01:05 AM
Man...the hit was massive...a straight forearm...at full speed...flipped him in a sickening pirrohette (no idea how to fucking spell that...nor do I care...lmfao)...and he was down and out from the start...

had the looks of a stinger...but he wasn't moving for awhile before the thumbs up on the field...

BigBadBrian
12-20-2004, 06:50 AM
From Packers.com:

Green Bay Packers wide receiver Robert Ferguson suffered a sprained neck with 4:41 remaining in Sunday's game vs. Jacksonville. He will be kept at Bellin Hospital in Green Bay overnight for observation and further evaluation.

Ferguson has movement and sensation in all four of his extremities and is resting comfortably, according to Packers head trainer Pepper Burruss.

An evaluation will be made throughout this week by the team's medical staff relative to Ferguson's availability for Friday's game at Minnesota.

DLR7884
12-20-2004, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Yeah....the Packer's receiving corps is shitty enough as it is. This isn't good.

Shitty?

Are you nuts?

DLR&884
Driver and Walker with both have 1000 yds and 10 TD's this year!

BigBadBrian
12-20-2004, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by DLR7884
Shitty?

Are you nuts?

DLR&884
Driver and Walker with both have 1000 yds and 10 TD's this year!

Yeah, that's true....I'm just thinking of the injuries and now this CRAP! Too many missed opportunities all around...the division should already be locked up. This whole Goddamn team is playing like a bunch of individuals instead of a TEAM. Sherman just isn't my cup of tea as a coach. I like a coach who can light a fire under someone's ass.

My blood is starting to rise just thinking about it. Damn, don't even get me started on that sorry-assed defense. Taylor ran rough-shod all over their ass yesterday. :mad:

DLR7884
12-20-2004, 03:59 PM
Now I do agree with you about the defense.

DLR7884
Just horrible.

Catfish
12-20-2004, 04:06 PM
Any word on how long that son of a bitch Darius will be suspended?

I'd sit him down for the rest of the season, that fucking savage...

Brett
12-20-2004, 04:20 PM
It was a dirty hit. Unless Ferguson had the fucking ball on his head, there's no way that dope can say he was going for the ball.

POJO_Risin
12-21-2004, 02:52 PM
You know...it's funny...anyone who's played football in any capacity in high school or beyond...know how fast things happen during a game.

I remember playing a couple of my schools rivals...and we were frothing at the mouth on defense to put people out...but it was never cheap shot oriented...we just wanted to lay the pads on them...

There comes a point in every game...and I played Monster and Safety...right in the middle of it all...when you have an opportunity to hit someone in a way you know what illegal...and don't...

but what that guy did...I don't care how fucking fast shit was happening (and I'm in no way comparing high school ball to pro ball...but many of you who played will know what I'm talking about)...was flat out illegal...he sidestepped the guy to avoid interference...or so you'd think...but look close...he didn't side step at all...or pull up at all...he went at him to the receiver's left side...full bore...and had his left hand out in clothesline position before the guy caught the ball...

an illegal hit with illegal intentions...

he should be suspended for the rest of the year...

ALinChainz
12-21-2004, 02:57 PM
Even the hit that paralyzed Darryl Stingley of the Patriots by Jack Tatum looked cleaner than the hit on Ferguson.

Glad he got feeling back in his legs and should be ok.

POJO_Risin
12-21-2004, 03:09 PM
The thing about Tatum was that he led often with his helmet...which at the time...wasn't illegal to do...and he had that assassin monicre to live up to...lmfao...

but if you look at that hit...and the way Tatum hit...he was ALWAYS trying to put people out of the game...

similar situation though...Stingley coming across the middle...the differences minor...

POJO_Risin
12-21-2004, 03:10 PM
Good ole' Jack Tatum...another quality individual from Ohio State...lmfao...

ALinChainz
12-21-2004, 03:11 PM
lol ... one of my first favorite DBs too.

Used to have his book lying around, I need a new copy.

POJO_Risin
12-21-2004, 03:18 PM
His thoughts on the game are certainly interesting...

I remember as a kid...putting tape around my fingers...and that shadow shit under my eyes like Lester "The Molester" Hayes...when we'd play at the sandlot...

lmfao on his moniker...not many today that would use "The Molester..."

ALinChainz
12-21-2004, 03:20 PM
lol ... never thought about it back then.

And I did the tape thing too ... and begged my parents for "Stick-Um".

Of course I wanted to chew tobacco too ... I bet you guys had the same old plan also ...

"OK, if you guys get there before me, hold him up!"

:D

Figs
12-21-2004, 03:28 PM
x

POJO_Risin
12-21-2004, 03:37 PM
Alls you have to do is look at the corner right there to see that what he was doing was intended...no...I'm not saying he intended to paralyze him...or sprain his neck...

but for sure...that forearm was planned...

and how he reacted afterwards...

most guys...like Taylor when he injured Theisman...and whoever hurt Tim Smith a few years back...are runnin' looking for the trainer...right in the mix making sure he was okay...

this guy was getting hammered on by his own teammates...and standing on the sideline...in his overcoat...trying to stay warm...

POJO_Risin
12-21-2004, 03:39 PM
Oh yeah Al...if you couldn't level the guy yourself...you would always hold him...grab the waist...and slide down to the ankle hold...until a buddy could land the finishing blow...

lmfao...we had many kids carted off to the hospital with compound fractures as we got over...

our annual Turkey Bowl was like a fucking MASH unit...but we'd be there the following week...and year...

the game is still held every year...it's fantastic...when I can make it...

a good friend of mine got a dislocated knee cap this year...and WAS PROUD!!!

ALinChainz
12-21-2004, 04:00 PM
lol ... no doubt, hold them around the waist and kind of turn them into your friend who is coming on like a locomotive ... ahhh, the good ol' days.

Sometimes you tell the dude you just wrecked ... "Hey, could you moan and groan on your own side of the ball? You're holding up the game."

POJO_Risin
12-21-2004, 04:04 PM
I remember this kid...damn if I can remember his name...wait...yes...lmfao...Bill Roth...

he looked like the dude from the Goonies...lock...

but he could run like a tank...

well...he gets the ball...and is movin'...quickly...right at me...I learned a valuable lesson...never wait for the hit...go to it...

well...I waited...and he put a fuckin' belt on me...knocked the wind out of me for the first time...

I remember lying on the ground...lmfao...

heaving...saying...

"I can't breathe...I'm going to die...I can't breathe...I'm going to die..."

it was funny shit looking back...

ALinChainz
12-21-2004, 04:08 PM
LMAO!

Yep, or in the defensive huddle ... picking out who was ... NEXT.

Then trying to re-create the gasp or groan they let out as you just flattened him with a couple of your team mates.

I remember being big into the wishbone and shit back then, Oklahoma, all that ... so trying to play the pitchout ... you might have gotten burned for a TD ... but the QB or the Rb who either made the pitch, caught the pitch, or had the pitch faked to them ...

We used to have one of the little brothers ... too small to play ... stand out there with a push broom ... you really couldn't brush them off the field when they were laying there, but it was funny.

POJO_Risin
12-21-2004, 04:21 PM
Yeah...we did the same thing...with the wishbone...

and the goal was simple...

take out the quarterback so he didn't want to run the play again...

so we'd throw two guys on either side of the ball...one to mop up the qb...the other to mop up the ball after the near death experience...

Brett
12-21-2004, 04:35 PM
Darrell Stingley's hit was really ugly, Tatum totally led with his helmet. It looked pretty fucking dirty too.

POJO_Risin
12-21-2004, 04:45 PM
He always led with his helmet...and that hit wasn't even a penalty when he did it...in 80 or 81 I think...maybe earlier than that...

Brett
12-21-2004, 04:46 PM
Think it was late 70's. Maybe '80, can't remember anymore. Nope no penalty, but it looked bad. I haven't seen the replay of it in a while.

POJO_Risin
12-21-2004, 05:04 PM
OH hell Brett...he was like a fucking guided missile on that play...it's just sickening to watch...