PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning On a Pace to Win as Many Super Bowls as Dan Marino!

WARF
12-21-2004, 03:59 PM
INDIANAPOLIS - Indianapolis Colts quarterback Peyton Manning added to his already stunning 2004 statistics Sunday.... throwing a touchdown passe against the Baltimore Ravens. Manning now has an amazing 47 touchdown passes through fourteen games.... and is on a pace to win as many Super Bowls during his career as future Hall of Famer Dan Marino.

"Being compared to a guy like Dan... I think it's a little soon for that," Manning said. "To be anywhere near him... to win anywhere as near as many Super Bowls as he almost did... that's just an honor."

"Man, he's hot," said Raven linebacker Ray Lewis... "I've never seen a guy play that great... who you still thought would probably lose in the AFC championship game... if he even got that far."

"When you've got a weapon like Peyton on your team," said Colts coach Tony Dungy... you've always got a chance to win... You're always a threat to go to the Super Bowl... It doesn't mean you will... and you probably won't, but, you're always a threat...."

"If anybody has got to match my career Super Bowl championship total," Marino said, "I'd hope it would be Peyton Manning.... We're a lot alike... because while we both put up the best numbers... there were always a couple of guys in the league you'd rather have running your offense in crunch time...."

POJO_Risin
12-21-2004, 04:06 PM
WARF...are you a Tom Brady guy then?

WARF
12-21-2004, 04:08 PM
Brady is the best QB in league... without question...

I just hope the Jets are prepared for them next week!

POJO_Risin
12-21-2004, 04:18 PM
This conversation has been driven into the ground...it's pointless...and I disagree with you on that subject...

I hope the Jets win as well...

POJO_Risin
12-21-2004, 04:18 PM
Without question...lmfao...

DLR7884
12-21-2004, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by WARF
Brady is the best QB in league... without question...

Especially on his last 2 passes of the game yesterday.

DLR7884
Overrated, especially when he gets no protection from his line.

Brett
12-21-2004, 04:39 PM
I like Brady. Yes he blew it last night, but I still think he's a very saavy QB, who rarely makes mistakes. You'll never see him do something like that again.

DLR7884
12-21-2004, 04:53 PM
Oh, so the pass he through while on his ass 2 weeks ago was acceptable?

DLR7884
**NEWSFLASH** He's not the best QB in football.

Brett
12-21-2004, 04:56 PM
I didn't say he was the best, I said I like the guy. I think for the most part he's very consistent, and dude he wins big games.

DLR7884
12-21-2004, 04:58 PM
Yes he does. He has a great team around him.

DLR7884
He's not the best QB though.

Brett
12-21-2004, 05:09 PM
Talentwise, definitely not.

WARF
12-21-2004, 05:20 PM
Brady doesn't have the number of weapons Peyton has!

If you put Peyton Manning on the Patriots... you'd have a 10-6 team at best.... but no superbowl... you take away Harrison/Wayne and Stokley... and replace them with mediocre recievers.... you have nothing!

Bill Lumbergh
12-21-2004, 05:23 PM
Brady is WAY overrated.........the fucker has all day! Give me Peyton over Brady PERIOD!

POJO_Risin
12-21-2004, 05:35 PM
I think the Pats receivers are better than you all are giving them credit...

Troy Brown is their 4th best receiver...and he's pretty damn good...

I like Givens, Branch and...whoever the fuck the other guy is...and you can't count out their tight ends...Graham is a stud...and that other guy...is pretty good too...

IMO...if they had Manning...every bit as good as Wayne and Stokley...

Harrison is fantastic...but...had Branch stayed healthy...you'd have seen big numbers from him as well...

When NE looks average...and they have in the past few years...at times...it's because they get pressure on Brady...who makes mistakes...fumbles...throws interceptions (the early one against Pittsburgh comes to mind)....

in a close game...against a defense that puts on pressure...Brady becomes succeptable...

so does Manning...who doesn't have the defense to fall back on...

but...they've been playing better...

I think Indy has a shot this year...we'll see though...

POJO_Risin
12-21-2004, 05:36 PM
Noone here doubts Brady on that team...noone...

but...

as a QB...Manning is the creme de la creme...as far as talent goes...

it's just a matter of figuring out if he can win the big game...and I think he can...we'll see though...

POJO_Risin
12-21-2004, 05:37 PM
I'm curious to see how NE rebounds against the Jets...

it's interesting now...because if Indy can win out...and they could still get the bye...

WARF
12-21-2004, 10:14 PM
It's time for Pennington to really take control of this team.

Dave's PA Rental
12-21-2004, 10:23 PM
God, I hate Peyton Manning...

Best post ever, WARF

High Life Man
12-22-2004, 05:11 PM
Gotta agree WARF. The thread title made me laugh out loud.