Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strat stripes on a Wolfy!? ...

Wella I tried ...

I started 3 days before I saw the "how to stripe a strat" thread and didn't have the foggiest of what I was getting into ...

Now after reading that thread I easily missed 4-5 steps ... I mean the shit ain't that bad and not bad at all for a rookie who felt that taping the Wolf everytime I changed strings wasn't good enough ...

Didn't even bother with Ed's new stripes that go on the Wolf ... just kinda winged it and came up with it almost ... there's no way strat stripes from that Kramer that I fooking dig the most out of any of his guitars is going to fit on da Wolfy ...

I'll redo it someday because I obviousley missed most of the prep of the paint ... I dig it though ...

Yup going to have to sand that bitch down but kinda looks cool though the concept of just white with the black stripes going all the way around ...

Broken down n' dirty dressed in rags ...

I think that looks great.

it's hard to put a custom finish on something and have it come out looking perfect..
    Sarge
    ROTHARMY.COM WEBMASTER AND FOUNDER
    The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

MY GROUPS ON ROTHARMY.COM
    [Fender Custom Shop Owners Club]

Comment

Word up Sarge! Sup brutha? ...

Hey did you happen to see what kind of half stack was in the background? ...

Plus it's kinda hard to sand something that has a coat over it already of whatever it is ... that's why the white fell or dripped to the back bottom where I'm going to sand it ...

The OG color was black with ivory trim ...

Think I will add a lil more "franky" into it next time ... I really dig the black stripes over the white ones towards the neck ... looks "addidas" kinda ...

Last edited by Eyes of the Night; 12-22-2004, 05:51 AM.

Comment

This was the 3rd and last pic THAT day I was going to upload ... thanks fuckers who read my shit and not replied ... I see how you all are! lmfao

Comment

Is that a satanic symbol on the back? ...

Comment

Looks good man.

How does it play? I never got into Wolfies myself but I know a lot of people like them. I'm surprised you took the Dtuna off. I've got a steinberger bass with a switch that takes the E to a D and it's much easier to switch.

Comment

Well i own a wolfgang myself and it plays very well. Can get the job done for practically anything

Comment

The Wolfgang, specially this one plays like a BUTTER ... smooth, very smooth ... I had the amber wolfgang once but it played like shit? ... trippy ...

Took the Dtuna off because I have it "floating" ... it's an unatural float because there's a chunk of wood Ed put there for the bridge to be recessed ... "ultimate tonality" ...

Fuck that, I want it to WAIL ... the dtuna would of gotten in the way as far as keeping it in tune while locked ... woulda been unstable if I'd left it on ...

Comment

I would remove the hardware then, if you missed a few steps, and try to "age buff" the top to match the back which I like the most of all on this guitar:

Go to Home Depot or Lowe's (whatever) and get a thing of grade 3-zero and 4-zero steel wool (#000, #0000) and rub the top down in one direction, parallel with the strings.. just going up n down using 000.

THEN once you start to see the lines begin to blur, switch to the 0000 for a finer finish, which will somewhat polish it smoother but don't go down to the wood.

If you see wood fibers coming up after a few strokes of the 000, start instead with the 0000. Rub the whole guitar down like this to dull it completely, then get some Turtle Wax Polishing Compound (in the green tin) and some terry cloth material, like a fucked up towel, or the inside of a tube sock cut down the middle and exposed..

The polishing compound won't make the remaining paint completely shiny but will make a nice, smooth surface and will seal it a bit.

Steel wool=$3.29 a bag
                  Polishing compound is like, $2 bucks from Autozone or Pep Boys Auto.

Comment

Looks good in the pics, but my problem is walking out on a stage with another mans trademark.
                    I used my Frankenstriped axe live once, but the whole damn time i played i felt like a poser.

It is a wall ornament now, and the guitar is in desperate need of restoration. This year marks it's 20th birthday in my possession and it is screaming for it's pearl white finish to be brought back.
                    It's still in tact underneath the Halenization, lol.

It's an Aria Pro guitar and i am looking for the stock guts to rebuild her. all i need is the wiring for all the push/pull knobs and switches.

Comment

"I used my Frankenstriped axe live once, but the whole damn time i played i felt like a poser." -CAT

Well Cat, that's because you ARE a poser:p ... kidding ... lmfao ... yeah, you and all your "digi this, digi that" ... Multi fake shit up the yahoo ... buwahaha! kidding ...

Yeah, THATS the thing about the hardware gizar ... I never took it off and nearly, if not warped the fuck out of my maple, from leaving it out in 45 degree weather for a couple hours to dry ... 3 times! ...

Fookin' speed ...

She's my franky though, I felt her come back alive as each stage went along ... either that or it was THE drugs ...
                      Last edited by Eyes of the Night; 12-28-2004, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Follow Gar's advice...I'd also use a glaze afterwards...that's just me though.
                        http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
                        http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

I forgot...Looks AWESOME.
                          http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
                          http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

Originally posted by Eyes
                            "I used my Frankenstriped axe live once, but the whole damn time i played i felt like a poser." -CAT

Well Cat, that's because you ARE a poser:p ... kidding ... lmfao ... yeah, you and all your "digi this, digi that" ... Multi fake shit up the yahoo ... buwahaha! kidding ...

Yeah, THATS the thing about the hardware gizar ... I never took it off and nearly, if not warped the fuck out of my maple, from leaving it out in 45 degree weather for a couple hours to dry ... 3 times! ...

Fookin' speed ...

She's my franky though, I felt her come back alive as each stage went along ... either that or it was THE drugs ...
                            LMMFAO, You're a funny dude.
                            Got a few questions though, why you hiding the 5150 and the Peavey logo's with tape?
                            And what tubes are you running in that beast?

That Wolfie was used when you got it, right?
                            I'd hate to think you did that to a new axe cause that's just a sin, bro, lmmfao.

Oh, and my setup will smoke the one you have proposed on more than one level.
                            Maybe we can have a forum Jam-Off once you get it all together?
                            A little friendly competition amongst friends?

The advantage would be yours of course seeing as i haven't played regularly for a few months now.

Comment

Very cool paint job Eyes! The wolfie looks hella kewl!

Comment

Working...
                              X