12-21-2004, 10:25 PM
WND Exclusive HOLIDAY BLUES
Bush White House's
Christ-less Christmas
Official commemorations emphasize Santa, Rudolph over Jesus in 2004
Posted: December 21, 2004
1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2004 WorldNetDaily.com

WASHINGTON – What's virtually missing from the White House commemoration of Christmas this year?

Jesus.

The little baby in the manger.

The reason for the season.

While President Bush was re-elected last month in an election victory many attributed to an outpouring of support by evangelical Christians impressed with his candid outspokenness about his faith, some Americans notice the White House website lacks even a single mention of Jesus, whose birth is celebrated by hundreds of millions worldwide Dec. 25.

The official White House site proclaims this as the "Season of Merriment and Melody" – not the birth of the Savior of the world.

"Throughout the world, the holiday season is greeted by joyful music that brightens hearts and evokes wonderful memories," reads the message. "This year's theme brings to the White House the magic of holiday songs that have been favorites for generations of Americans."

Among the website's many photographs of secular decorations is a shot of a creche, or Nativity, displayed in the East Room, but the baby Jesus is virtually invisible.

The White House has not responded to WND's request for comment.

The White House residence, the site proclaims is decorated with "delightful vignettes illustrating many of the best-loved songs of the season."

White House decorated like a winter wonderland

Not one of those songs is a traditional spiritual carol or hymn. Instead, the songs listed include "We Wish You a Merry Christmas," "Here Comes Santa Claus," "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus," "All I Want for Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth," "Upon the Housetop," "Blue Christmas," "Jingle Bells," "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree," White Christmas," "Frosty the Snowman, "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" and "Marshmallow World."

In fact, even the word Christmas is only used in song titles and as an adjective – such as before the word tree.

At the lighting of the National Christmas Tree Dec. 2, Bush remarked: "Tonight we begin a joyous season, and the city of Washington is never more beautiful than during the holidays. At Christmas time we celebrate good tidings first announced two thousand years ago, and still a source of great joy in our world. Laura and I are always happy to join in the Pageant of Peace, and we thank you all for coming this evening.

"The season of Advent is always the season of hope," Bush continued. "We think of the patient hope of men and women across the centuries who listened to the words of the prophets and lived in joyful expectation. We think of the hope of Mary, who welcomed God's plan with great faith. We think of the hope of the Wise Men who set out on a long journey guided only by a slender promise traced in the stars. We are reminded of the hope that the grandest purposes of the Almighty can be found in the humblest places. And we embrace the hope that all the love and gifts that come to us in this life are the signs and symbols of even a greater love and gift that came on a holy night. The old carol speaks of a 'thrill of hope, the weary world rejoices, for yonder breaks a new and glorious morn.' And every year at this time we feel the thrill of hope as we wait on Christmas Day."

Bush went on to remember troops serving in foreign wars this Christmas season.

It has been noted that the Bushes' holiday card this year includes a Scripture verse. But, again, it does not mention Jesus.

This card has a line from Psalms, 95:2: "Let us come before him with Thanksgiving and extol him with music and song."

First lady Laura Bush supervises the card selection. She also picked cards with Bible verses when her husband was Texas governor.

The Republican National Committee paid for production and distribution.

On Dec. 9, Bush participated in a special menorah lighting ceremony at the White House.

"Hanukkah is a festive holiday that celebrates a great victory for freedom," he said. "We remember the liberation of Jerusalem and a miracle witnessed in the holy Temple 2,000 years ago. For eight days the oil burned, and the light of freedom still burns in Jewish homes and synagogues everywhere. We are honored to celebrate the miracle of Hanukkah in the White House this evening."

Likewise, Bush issued a Hanukkah proclamation Dec. 7.

"I send greetings to all those celebrating Hanukkah, the festival of lights," he said. "On the 25th day of Kislev on the Hebrew calendar, Jews around the world commemorate the rededication of the Temple in Jerusalem more than 2,000 years ago. During this time of darkness, the Temple had been seized, and Judaism had been outlawed. Judah Maccabee and his followers fought for three years for their freedom and successfully recaptured Jerusalem and the Temple. Jewish tradition teaches that the Maccabees found only one small bottle of oil to be used for temple rituals, but that oil lasted eight days and nights. The miracle of this enduring light, remembered through the lighting of the Menorah, continues to symbolize the triumph of faith over tyranny."

He continued: "The bravery of the Maccabees has provided inspiration through the ages. We must remain steadfast and courageous as we seek to spread peace and freedom throughout the world. This holiday season, we give thanks to God, and we remember the brave men and women of our Armed Forces and their families. We also pray that all who live under oppression will see their day of freedom and that the light of faith will always shine through the darkness. Laura joins me in wishing you a blessed and Happy Hanukkah."

In 2001, Bush issued a Kwanzaa greeting from the White House, and repeated it in 2002 and 2003.

So is Junior finally coming out of the closet as the Antichrist, or have the treasonous Likud-PNAC'ers now completely taken over the White House??

ashstralia
12-21-2004, 10:32 PM
FORDy mate,
you of all people should
know Jesus was probably
born around mid october.:D

Big Train
12-21-2004, 10:33 PM
Ford, give it a rest. Your hatred for the man knows no bounds.

If he HAD a baby jesus there, you'd be calling for seperation of church and state and how these "christian loonies" are destroying the country. Once again, pick a fucking path...

ashstralia
12-21-2004, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Big Train

If he HAD a baby jesus there, you'd be calling for seperation of church and state and how these "christian loonies" are destroying the country. Once again, pick a fucking path...

5* big train...

Big Train
12-21-2004, 10:43 PM
I thank you..

Ally_Kat
12-21-2004, 10:45 PM
With all that is going on with religion, I think people sometimes play it safe than to be sorry later.

With everything being hectic due to finals and all going on here, I don't know when the White House Christmas concert thing is. Did I miss it or is it still yet to come?

Nickdfresh
12-21-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by ashstralia
FORDy mate,
you of all people should
know Jesus was probably

Actually I though it was sometime between March and May. December 25th is a traditional Roman Feast day.

ashstralia
12-21-2004, 10:49 PM
ally, i fuckin love your avatar.

BigBadBrian
12-21-2004, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Actually I though it was sometime between March and May. December 25th is a traditional Roman Feast day.

Gee, that's funny. At my house, we celebrate the birth of the Savior of Mankind on that day. :gulp:

Ally_Kat
12-21-2004, 10:53 PM
ally, i fuckin love your avatar.

ah thanks hun. I love foamy. He rocks. illwillpress.com!

Nickdfresh
12-21-2004, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Gee, that's funny. At my house, we celebrate the birth of the Savior of Mankind on that day. :gulp:

Early Christians combined religious holidays with Roman holidays in order to win over converts. But I suppose it matters in no way when you celebrate it.

I think Jesus would be embarrassed that people would celebrate his birthday like they do at all.

Ally_Kat
12-21-2004, 10:54 PM

I thought it was just a day that ws picked when combining the Chritianity observances and the Pagan ones, tryingto kep it close to the Winter Festival, but not on the same day.

ashstralia
12-21-2004, 11:00 PM
I think Jesus would be embarrassed
that people would celebrate his birthday
like they do at all.

good call, nick.

and yet we tend to
pay minimal
attention to
the MESSAGE
He brought.

the way x-mas
has been pimped
into a consumer
frenzy makes me sick.

FORD
12-22-2004, 09:16 AM
FORDy mate,
you of all people should
know Jesus was probably

Actually, it's more likely that He was born right around mid-April. Joe & Mary were on their way to pay their taxes, right?

But that doesn't change the fact that the religious reich whom Junior pretends to be part of in order to milk their votes, is constantly shouting slogans like "Keep Christ in Christmas" and condemning any attempts to secularize holiday displays, even those on government property.

Junior claims that God "speaks through him", yet he can't even honor JC on His alleged birthday?

It's complete hypocrisy. Not like that should be a surprise to anyone.

FORD
12-22-2004, 09:18 AM

Hey, this is the right wing, Bush worshipping "World Net daily" saying all of this. I'm just quoting them.

McCarrens
12-22-2004, 09:19 AM

Dammnit BT, I was just jumping to post this. Congrats to you for beating me to it.

FORD
12-22-2004, 09:23 AM
Right.... and if Clinton had done something like this, you would have nailed him to the cross.

Again.

McCarrens
12-22-2004, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by FORD
Right.... and if Clinton had done something like this, you would have nailed him to the cross.

Again.

Are you comparing Bill Clinton to Jesus?

FORD
12-22-2004, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by McCarrens

As the Son of God, no.

As a constant target of hypocrite Pharisees, yes.

LoungeMachine
12-22-2004, 11:09 AM
Dammnit BT, I was just jumping to post this. Congrats to you for beating me to it.

Except we can READ Bt's post, because he has a grasp of the English language, unlike you.

Your post would have been one run on sentence filled with third grade taunts.

LoungeMachine
12-22-2004, 11:10 AM

Oh for God's sake, shut the fuck up.

Guitar Shark
12-22-2004, 11:38 AM
Hey FORD, do you celebrate Christmas in BCE occupied Cascadia?

McCarrens
12-22-2004, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Except we can READ Bt's post, because he has a grasp of the English language, unlike you.

All the awards my writing has won would seem to disagree.

McCarrens
12-22-2004, 12:02 PM
Oh for God's sake, shut the fuck up.

Why? That certainly seemed what Ford was alluding to in his posts.

LoungeMachine
12-22-2004, 12:07 PM

Link please.

McCarrens
12-22-2004, 12:10 PM
Link please.

I don't really feel like having my real name sprayed all over this website.

Figs
12-22-2004, 12:17 PM
Oh for the love of Christ!!!!!

Happy Winter Solstice Everyone!!

LoungeMachine
12-22-2004, 12:29 PM
I don't really feel like having my real name sprayed all over this website.

Then dont make bullshit claims, retard.

You write at a third grade level. Awards would be limited to gold stars for using a period or comma for you.

dolt.

McCarrens
12-22-2004, 12:47 PM
Then dont make bullshit claims, retard.

You write at a third grade level. Awards would be limited to gold stars for using a period or comma for you.

dolt.

YEs, I write like a thrid grader and use nothing but run-on sentences and childish taunts.

While you don't insult me three times in one email.

Also, has it ever crossed your mind that I'm a reporter and so I write like one?

With single spaces in the grafs and double spaces between?

Or that I don't indent?

Or that most of the grafs are not more than a sentence or two long?

Or that I don't use run-on senteces because they usually are not used in magazines and newspapers?

Or that my writing seems youthful because reporters are supposed to write for someone with grade school education?

Why do I get the impression you are one of thos people who talk a lot of shit on the Internet because you know you'll never meet anyone you insult in real life?

LoungeMachine
12-22-2004, 12:50 PM

Also, has it ever crossed your mind that I'm a reporter and so I write like one?

No.

Unless you write Highlights.

LoungeMachine
12-22-2004, 12:51 PM

No.

Unless you write for Highlights.

LoungeMachine
12-22-2004, 12:53 PM
Or that my writing seems youthful because reporters are supposed to write for someone with grade school education?

Simply the dumbest claim I have ever read from you.

period.

BTW, It doesn't seem "youthful"

it just seems ignorant and uneducated

McCarrens
12-22-2004, 01:14 PM

period.

I think you mean "most foolish" instead of "dumbest." That's not really a word.

But good job making me look like I don't have an adequate grasp on the English language.

McCarrens
12-22-2004, 01:18 PM

Also, to make this sentence less awkward, you should switch some of the clauses around so it is mor pleasing to the eye and the ear.

Something like: "That is the most foolish claim I have ever seen you post here."

They teach you clarity of writing style in what, the third grade?

McCarrens
12-22-2004, 01:21 PM

period.

So you first attack my writing style and when I own you on that you say you were attacking my thought-processes?

Really, to me, you just seem like someone who is just posting insults to get attention and to increase his Army rank.

Nickdfresh
12-22-2004, 01:44 PM
So you first attack my writing style and when I own you on that you say you were attacking my thought-processes?

Really, to me, you just seem like someone who is just posting insults to get attention and to increase his Army rank.

:D Quit while you're behind McCarrens!

McCarrens
12-22-2004, 01:50 PM
:D Quit while you're behind McCarrens!

What, you want some too Nick?

I'll own you just like I owned LM if you come after my writing ability.

LoungeMachine
12-22-2004, 01:52 PM

Damn, Nick

We're "owned" now by an award winning journalist.

Mercy, please:D

BigBadBrian
12-22-2004, 01:59 PM
:rolleyes: This is all fucking silly. Both of you (McC, LM) go stand in the corner. :gulp:

BigBadBrian
12-22-2004, 02:00 PM
We don't give a damn about writing styles here. We just trade mindless insults. GET IT ON!!! :D

FORD
12-22-2004, 02:10 PM
For once I agree with Brian. Some days we could use a time-out corner in here.

Ally_Kat
12-22-2004, 02:23 PM

I hated my News Writing 2 class for that point alone. Apparently my articles were "too educated."

But then again, I suppose I can go write for the Times and exhibit my creative writing skils :D

LoungeMachine
12-22-2004, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
We don't give a damn about writing styles here. We just trade mindless insults. GET IT ON!!! :D

I'll go stand in the corner, but I still believe McC is a fucking dolt.:D

Jesus Christ
12-22-2004, 07:05 PM
Not to getteth back on topic or anything, but this thread should be about Me.... And how the Son of Bush does not acknowledge Me in his "holiday decorations" nor in his actual life. :(

Nickdfresh
12-22-2004, 08:32 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by McCarrens

Um, "awards" cannot "disagree," they are inanimate objects Les Nessman.

http://www.freewebs.com/whus/Nessman.jpg

You're my boy McCarren's...Never forget that!

McCarrens
12-22-2004, 11:29 PM
Um, "awards" cannot "disagree," they are inanimate objects Les Nessman.

http://www.freewebs.com/whus/Nessman.jpg

You're my boy McCarren's...Never forget that!

Good job, libby, making fun of that mentally challenged boy and the people that are trying to make him feel good about himself.

JCOOK
12-23-2004, 01:38 AM

Thanks for something insightful BT MERRY CHRISTMAS JESUS LOVES YOU!:D

Nickdfresh
12-23-2004, 09:23 AM
Good job, libby, making fun of that mentally challenged boy and the people that are trying to make him feel good about himself.

I apologize McCy, I had no idea you were so sensitive. It's hard to tell with all of your misogynist rantings.

Les Nessman was retarded? Who knew?