Clear All
  • DEMON CUNT
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Nov 2004

U.S. Contractor Pulls Out of Reconstruction Effort in Iraq

U.S. Contractor Pulls Out of Reconstruction Effort in Iraq
    _
    By T. Christian Miller, Times Staff Writer
    WASHINGTON — For the first time, a major U.S. contractor has dropped out of the multibillion-dollar effort to rebuild Iraq, raising new worries about the country's growing violence and its effect on reconstruction.

Contrack International Inc., the leader of a partnership that won one of 12 major reconstruction contracts awarded this year, cited skyrocketing security costs in reaching a decision with the U.S. government last month to terminate work in Iraq.

"We reached a point where our costs were getting to be prohibitive," said Karim Camel-Toueg, president of Arlington, Va.-based Contrack, which had won a $325-million award to rebuild Iraq's shattered transportation system. "We felt we were not serving the government, and that the dollars were not being spent smartly."

More...

It's getting worse! That's a lot of money to walk away from.

How are the supergenius conservatives on this board able maintain their denial?
    Banned 01/09/09 | Avatar | Aiken | Spammy | Extreme | Pump | Regular | The View | Toot
  • ODShowtime
    ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

this is a big win for the insurgency
    gnaw on it

Comment

• LoungeMachine
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jul 2004

and only the first in what I believe will be a long line heading for the exits.

I guess the contractors HAVE an exit strategy
      Originally posted by Kristy
      Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
      Originally posted by cadaverdog
      I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• LoungeMachine
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ODShowtime
        this is a big win for the insurgency
        What if we stopped calling them the insurgency, and called them by their real name?

this is a big win for the Iraqis
        Originally posted by Kristy
        Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
        Originally posted by cadaverdog
        I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

Working...