Hear 'N Aid

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fabulous Shadow

Hear 'N Aid

I just downloaded this song. Remember? the record was used to raise money for famine relief efforts in Africa and around the world.. "Stars" was a plea for unity in the fight against world hunger. Been YEARS since I heard it. I forgot how amazing the guitar solos were. Vince Neil and Mick Mars from Motley Crue, Blackie Lawless and Chris Holmes from WASP, George Lynch and Don Dokken from surprise surprise - Dokken, Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot, Rob Halford of Judas Priest, Geoff Tate of Queensryche, Yngwie Malmsteen, Ronnie James Dio... Nuff said...

Any other fans out there...
  • Fabulous Shadow

And dont Paul Shrotino.................that fucker blew the mike off thye stand....................and props to Viv................kick ass BELFAST!!!!!

Comment

• Flash Bastard

Looks like a bad photo montage.

Look at the lower left, Vivian Campbell appears to be pouting, while in the lower right corner, Frankie Banali is wearing the fugliest suit ever made.

'We're Stars' had a killer guitar solo though....

Comment

• Fabulous Shadow

Joke taken with class..... I think!!!!

Comment

• Flash Bastard

I know this is a real photo, it just looks so freaking weird.

WTF is going on in the upper right corner? It looks like the stage is about to collapse.

Comment

• Flash Bastard

Who is this guy?

Comment

• Fabulous Shadow

Isnt he from Blue Oyster Cult?

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

Damn was THAT a fuckin' debacle.........the Spinal Tap dudes were there IN CHARACTER! That song was horrible.........

Comment

• PHOENIX
                  Veteran
                  • Jan 2004

Re: Hear 'N Aid

Originally posted by Fabulous Shadow
                  I just downloaded this song. Remember? the record was used to raise money for famine relief efforts in Africa and around the world.. "Stars" was a plea for unity in the fight against world hunger. Been YEARS since I heard it. I forgot how amazing the guitar solos were. Vince Neil and Mick Mars from Motley Crue, Blackie Lawless and Chris Holmes from WASP, George Lynch and Don Dokken from surprise surprise - Dokken, Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot, Rob Halford of Judas Priest, Geoff Tate of Queensryche, Yngwie Malmsteen, Ronnie James Dio... Nuff said...

Any other fans out there...
                  I remember that. I have the video somewhere.

Last edited by PHOENIX; 12-23-2004, 04:55 AM.

Comment

• Fabulous Shadow

Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
                    Damn was THAT a fuckin' debacle.........the Spinal Tap dudes were there IN CHARACTER! That song was horrible.........
                    In spite of the cheesy lyrics. The great names, great vocals and AWESOME names made it a HIT! Not to mention a worthy cause!

Comment

• Vivian Campbell
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Oct 2004

Ronnie James Dio seems to get the credit for this, but it was all Vivian Campbell’s idea!

As his Roth Army name sake, I would like to formerly apologize to everyone for the billionth Hollywood bleeding heart African crusade of the 1980s.

Originally posted by Flash Bastard
                      Look at the lower left, Vivian Campbell appears to be pouting
                      There’s a reason for that. This debacle pretty much coincided with the end of DIO MK I. Ronnie wasn’t coughing up the royalties he promised the band at the beginning of the band’s inception. While Viv was airing his complaints, Dio was secretly recruiting another member of the Hear N Aid collaboration - Craig Goldy. To paraphrase Jimmy Bain, All of the sudden Vivian was gone and Goldy conveniently took his place. A lesson to all - get your money guarantees in WRITING.
                      The Fat Lady is singing for Van Hagar.

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/attac...&postid=392002

Comment

• Vivian Campbell
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Oct 2004

Ronnie has been making noise about a Hear N Aid II to help the "Children of the Night" charity that he frequently supports. Children of the Night deals with saving run aways from prostitution and other bad stuff.

Comment

• Vivian Campbell
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Oct 2004

Rob Halford Hear N Aid

"I've known Rob for years and years. He always turned up backstage to see us and I'm proud to count him as a true friend. I care a lot for the guy and he will always have a true ally here. When we did the Hear 'N' Aid record, Rob moved his entire schedule to do that for us. I can remember asking him and thinking to myself that it might not happen because Judas Priest was busy, but Rob basically said, 'Anytime, anywhere - just call me'. The Children Of The Night fund was very important to him and he made it a priority, That's exactly what he did too."
                          - Ronnie James Dio, Black Sabbath : Never Say Die!, 2003

"This is the only sector of music that hasn't really done anything in the form of relief for what's going on over in Africa, and it's just a joy to be involved, you know..."
                          - Rob Halford, Making of HEAR 'N' AID, 1985
                          Credit: http://members.firstinter.net/markster/TURBO.html

Comment

• scottydabodi
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jun 2004

I have this video, and it fuckin' rocks to see all the guitar shredders rippin during the solo overdubs!! Don't forget Dave Meneketti!!
                            If you listen to fools
                            The Mob Rules

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • May 2004

A classic metal anthem.Interesting video. Lots of great singin and solos. They were all wicked but the most rippin/passionate solo was the outro .Played by the amazing Neal Schon. The best one of the tune.He's the most underrated player.
                              Check the vid. Vivian Campbell is sportin a bitchin mullet!
                              Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

Working...