PDA

View Full Version : Why didnt they wait ???

Panamark
12-27-2004, 06:42 AM
Ok. Ed and Al think nothing of waiting five years in a cave
with no productive material to show for it...

*SO*

Why couldnt Dave be cut free to be a gigilo, then after
five years, get VH happening again. I know the EEAS
band probably put rest to that, but why couldnt these
fookers agree to this, rather than a total split ??

It makes you wonder, I always thought Dave left because
Edwina and Alice didnt want to do anything. Fine, they are
rockstars let them chill for a while, but why the decison to
totally cut the ties ?? Discussion welcome. :P

Terry
12-27-2004, 10:06 AM
Seem to recall Dave's take on the split in Crazy From The Heat as an open-ended one. "Let's get ourselves straight and maybe we can reconvene down the line," or something like that.

Think Ed and Al just took Dave leaving as an act of betrayal, and once they brought Hagar into the fold (Hagar and the remnants of classic Van Halen rehearsed and recorded on VH's home turf/studio - Ed and Al took total control of the band AFTER Dave left, and didn't let Hagar fill the void Roth left in terms of asserting authority) and got used to leading the band, the idea of dealing with a frontman who had strong convictions of his own probably didn't appeal to them.

If the 1985 split wasn't so acrimonious to begin with - wasn't as if the band had always gotten along and then suddenly found themselves at odds with each other - maybe a scenario like Panamark suggested would have been plausible. Classic Van Halen disintegrating was sadly a long time in the making by the time it happened. More amazing CVH lasted as long as it did.

DrMaddVibe
12-27-2004, 03:18 PM
Valerie said no...nuff said!

Panamark
12-28-2004, 10:07 AM
So its Val's fault ?

DrMaddVibe
12-28-2004, 11:54 AM
Naw...I was just goofin'.

I think Terry has the closest description(and one that I share)with the "power vacuum". They thought it was easy being the "ringleader". Little did they know that it would sap them of their creative talents,money,fans, and fame!