PDA

View Full Version : Dave mentioned in interview with martial arts master

academic punk
12-27-2004, 11:37 AM
Brief mention, but what the hell. It's more un than politicizing 11,000 dead Sri Lankans...

LV: You are the authority on Ta Sheng Pek Kwar, Has anyone approached you to be the advisor in Hollywood for Movies or Television?

MM: Not myself, but my friend and instructor Paulie Zink has on many occasions. Former Van Halen singer David Lee Roth used to be in our class for a long time. Zink would show him a bunch of staff movements for his show and work with him on his stretches. Zink also choreographed Joan Chin for the Blood of Heros. Zink has also done advisement work for a few other rock artists.

note he says Dave studied with his associate "for a long time". Proves he takes this stuff seriously, and not just wanders into a room on a whim and just as quickly wanders back out.

For the full article, click away:

http://karatekidzonline.com/newsroom/index.php?p=169&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

the concept of a martial arts hall of fame is a little stupid, but i guess any hall of fame - including and especially a rock and roll one - is pretty dumb.

fanofdave
12-27-2004, 01:18 PM
i'd love to see Dave practice some of his martial arts
on ed's and alex's sorry asses....there's a pay per view
fight worth watching.

DavidLeeNatra
12-27-2004, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by fanofdave
fight worth watching.

it'd be too short to be worth paying for watching...but let me think...I'd pay for it...!!!

academic punk
12-27-2004, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by fanofdave
fight worth watching.

Oh, come on, already. These are 50 year olds! Even Dave himself now say the kind of martial arts he practices is "Nike Kung Fu", which means "I run away".

Besides, how badly would it reflect on Dave to beat up on a stumbling drunk and a no-neck overgrown chimpanzee that thinks it understands a thing about band management and image creation?

fanofdave
12-28-2004, 08:20 AM
i think watching Dave beat up on a stumbling drunk and
a no neck overgrown chimpanzee fits in with today's reality tv.
more popcorn, anyone?

DrMaddVibe
12-28-2004, 09:29 AM
"eh, I'll pay ya for it...wtf!"

Panamark
12-28-2004, 10:03 AM
I'd like to see him practice it on Spammys head.

DavidLeeNatra
12-28-2004, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Panamark

but these would only be low kicks... :D

academic punk
12-28-2004, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Panamark

Better Spammy's head rather than a belly blow. Dave's foot might get stuck.

Actually, how cool would it be if Dave simply did his Tarzan yodel from the beginning of Everbody Wants Some!!! into Hagar's belly button? Think of the echo effect!!!

diamondsgirl
01-01-2005, 09:14 AM
Nice find, AP :)

I would love to see Dave bust out some of his custom katas like used to at his shows. :cool: