PDA

View Full Version : Eddie's playing if compared to something really horrible..

Heavydigger
12-27-2004, 06:24 PM
For an example, let's take Vinnie Vincent's playing here. if his solos are compared to Eddie's what would you call it or how you'd describe it?
IE.

Vinnie Vincent Invasion - Boyz Are Gonna Rock solo

VS.

Van Halen - Jump solo

i'd say that there is a BIG difference. : D

Mezro
12-27-2004, 06:33 PM
I wasn't aware that Vinnie Vincent was a horrible player.

Mezro...file this thread under "what the fuck"...

teamaa104
12-27-2004, 06:33 PM
are you talking about the guitar solo or the keyboard solo because i wouldnt even call that a guitar solo

Heavydigger
12-27-2004, 06:40 PM
Well you can take all of Vincent's Invasion era guitar solos (if you want to call them solos) and compare them to Eddie's. I'm not saying Vinnie's a poor player, he did play well while he was still in KISS. In fact, Vinnie saved KISS with recording the "Lick It Up" album with them.

Mezro
12-27-2004, 06:47 PM
No need to compare: Ed was the master back in the day; VV was a great player who never reached his full potential.

Mezro...and I liked the first VVI CD...manic, fast guitar playing...hated the fucking singer though...

Heavydigger
12-27-2004, 06:52 PM
Robert Fleichman, if i spelled that right, was the Invasion singer for their first record. I like the first Invasion disc too, there are good riffs in the songs, best examples might be "Animal" or "Do You Wanna Make Love". What do you mean with Vinnie's "Full Potential", i think he unleashed his hidden skills with Invasion. Meaning that he did the best he could with them. Of course you can disagree with that, there are some real Invasion fans. but let's just say that i'm not one of them.

Mezro
12-27-2004, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Heavydigger
Robert Fleichman, if i spelled that right, was the Invasion singer for their first record. I like the first Invasion disc too, there are good riffs in the songs, best examples might be "Animal" or "Do You Wanna Make Love". What do you mean with Vinnie's "Full Potential", i think he unleashed his hidden skills with Invasion. Meaning that he did the best he could with them. Tell me what you think.

I think his best was yet to come; while the 1st VVI was pretty amazing Vinnie had room to grow as a player and a song writer.

Mezro...that second CD with Marky Mark Slaughter sucked...

Heavydigger
12-28-2004, 05:20 AM
In my opinion the second Invasion disc, "All Systems Go" isn't as good as the first one, though there are few nice rockers on it, ie. "Ashes To Ashes" and "Heavy Pettin' ". The band's audience was already ignoring the band when they released ASG. Invasion could have made it bigger with better single choises. Did they release only "Boyz are gonna rock" from that first one? If i would have been Vinnie (*yikes*) i'd have released "Animal" or "DYWML". What comes to the second disc, "Ashes to Ashes" might have given them some momentum as single.