X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

The new Yankee deal for Johnson

The DBacks are looking to the Pirates to help complete the deal to get rid of Randy Johnson.

In this scenario, Arizona would get both Kip Wells and Craig Wilson...with another prospect,

the Yanks would get Randy Johnson,

and the Pirates would get the third base and catching prospect from the Yanks...

there may be money and other things involved...but this is the first piece of this puzzle...

The Yanks have said that Friday is the last they'll talk about this deal...so we shall see...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."
  • Catfish

So the Yanks are trying to shove off the crap prospects the Dodgers didn't want to Pittsburgh...

People need to remember that if the Yankees never fucking have any top prospects. That's why they buy their players off other teams.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

The Yankees never have prospects?

I hate the fucking Yankees...but at the beginning of the Torre era...there were aplenty...which is why they were good...and how they got back to the top...

historically the Yankees aren't good when their team is made up of free agents...ala the 80's and early 90's...

They had Jeter, Bernie in his prime, Pettitte, Posada..just to name a few...all all-stars durint that period...

right now...they are prospect thin because Steinbrenner has forced them to be that way...however...

the catching prospect...

Eric Duncan...is their top prospect...a third baseman...good fielder...great hitter...a year or two away...

Dioner Navarro is a catching prospect...who has some offensive strengths, and calls a good game...and is ready this year...and would more than likely start this year for the buccos...who just opened up that slot...

The overall farm system sucks for NY...I agree...but there are servicable ball players there...and Duncan will be a stud...and Navarro will be good as well...

the Dodgers pulled out because they were getting screwed...

this deal would be much more simple...the key to this deal would be the contract to match Randy's...Shawn Green's deal represented this with the Dodgers...and there doesn't appear to be anyone of similar value here...

We'll see...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Catfish

I'm very glad the Dodgers pulled out. That deal was fucked!

Yeah, Jeter, Posada, Williams and Soriano prove me wrong, but ya get my point. It's amazing the lengths Slaveowner will go to win another ring. I mean, you get the feeling RJ's two innings away from the permanent IR...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

Here's the thing fish...

Steiney did the same thing in the 80's...signed everybody for big money...and it didn't pan out...

Torre came over to the Yanks...and at first...had much control and say in matters involving the Yankees...and they signed guys he wanted...

but if the Yanks weren't 40 games up...Steiney was unhappy...and dealt for whoever he wanted...making Torre unhappy...making teammates unhappy...

and he's got the bitch Cashman to take the fall for him...

The Deal was great for the Yanks...they lose a catcher...who won't start for 5 years with Posada there...a 3B who they love...but wouldn't start for years...and a starter who was a bust in NY...they get back RJ and Ishii (a serviceable guy)....

The Dodgers lose Penny...who's better than Vazquez...and get Vaz, and two prospects...just not a good deal for them...

Comment

• Bob_R
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Catfish
            I'm very glad the Dodgers pulled out. That deal was fucked!
            Fuck the Dodgers! :fucku2:
            Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• Igosplut
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

But you have to wonder how much Johnson's got left in the can, Don't they have to shoot his knee up before almost every game??
              Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Dec 2003

Hmmm, interesting....

If those two prospects are as good as advertised, fuck it, make the deal....

What could it hurt ??
                Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• tjvhou812
                  Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                  The DBacks are looking to the Pirates to help complete the deal to get rid of Randy Johnson.

In this scenario, Arizona would get both Kip Wells and Craig Wilson...with another prospect,

the Yanks would get Randy Johnson,

and the Pirates would get the third base and catching prospect from the Yanks...

there may be money and other things involved...but this is the first piece of this puzzle...

The Yanks have said that Friday is the last they'll talk about this deal...so we shall see...
                  i hope it don,t go thru......

it's just that i'm a red sox fan

i hate the fucking yankee's
                  Originally posted by RIKK

Now, tj was indeed a major cunt. Indeed, he probably still is.

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
                    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by EVH FANATIC
                    Fuck the Dodgers! :fucku2:
                    I'll second that!

Comment

• redblkwht
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Im kinda hoping it dont happen, yankees have enough on their bench
                      to win it all..when will the MLB have the balls to say NO?

EUAS

Comment

• Bob_R
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by redblkwht
                        when will the MLB have the balls to say NO?
                        Huh? :confused: Is there a rule that you're not allowed to improve your team?
                        Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

I'm hearing now that the deal is only between the Yanks and Diamondbacks.....
                          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Carmine
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Apr 2004

msnbc is reporting that Johnson has told a few of his teammates that the deal is done! scroll down the page

Comment

• Figs
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Jun 2004

he'll get injured....

Comment

Working...