PDA

View Full Version : The MANOWAR thread!

Mr Badguy
12-28-2004, 12:53 PM
Anyone here love Manowar?

I do.

If it wasn`t for their ridiculous muscle and loincloth image then they would be regarded as one of the greatest trad metal bands ever.

Their image is no more stoopid than that of the hair metal bands but their music is far superior.

Eric Adams has one of the best voices ever and Joey DiMaio`s songwriting is brilliant.

And "Kings of Metal", "The triumph of steel" and "Hell on stage" are amongst the greatest unashamedly Heavy Metal albums ever.

Hail to the Kings of Metal!

DarkRuler
12-28-2004, 09:38 PM
HAIL MR BADGUY!
MANOWAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE KINGS OF METAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Of Course I Love MANOWAR, they are the best Heavy Metal Band Ever!!!!
All their Albums Kick Fucking Ass!!!!!!!!
No Synth, No Pedals, No Wimps....JUST POWER, METAL AND MIGHT!!!!

MANOWAR are my favorite Heavy Metal band.
VAN HALEN my favorite Rock and Roll band.

The Image has always been Very Cool and original, powerful!. They used to wear loincloth as a tribute to our ancestors.Only True Men has the balls to dress like that and play in front of everybody!

HEAVY METAL WILL NEVER DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!
DEATH TO FALSE METAL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wolverine
12-28-2004, 10:02 PM
what ever happened to ross the boss???

Seshmeister
12-28-2004, 10:09 PM
Possibly the saddest band ever

DarkRuler
12-28-2004, 10:09 PM
Ross The Boss Is Playing with The Brain Surgeons and The Dictators.
There is also a live videoclip (very dark though) with Ross in action with The Brain Surgeons. The song is an old Blue Öyster Cult song called "Cities On Flame With Rock'n'Roll"

http://www.cellsum.com/SurgeonsatArlenes04.mov

Mr Badguy
12-29-2004, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
Possibly the saddest band ever

I can`t agree with that.

Musically, they are as good as anyone.

Everyone focuses on their image and press interviews rather than listening to the songs.

Alright, they may be a bit over the top, but isn`t that what good Heavy Metal is all about.

If anyone is interested, the above albums are a good place to start.

Also a few of my faves:

"Dark avenger" ( featuring Orson Welles)
"All men play on ten"
"March for revenge (by the soldiers of death)"
"The demon`s whip"
"The power"
"Guyana (Cult of the damned)"

There are too many to mention.

If you like your Metal old school, you don`t know what you`re missing.

scottydabodi
01-02-2005, 12:16 AM
MANOWAR are the KINGS!! HAIL!! HAIL!! HAIL!! Check out the dvd set of "Fire and Blood: Hell on Earth 2 -Blood in Brazil" Nonbelievers shall fall at the edge of my STEEL!!

Mr Badguy
01-06-2005, 02:05 PM
Impale him on the horns of death if he lies!

scottydabodi
01-06-2005, 10:05 PM
VALHALLA!! THE GODS AWAIT ME!!!! OPEN WIDE THINE GATES-EMBRACE ME!!!!

Anonymous
02-23-2005, 08:41 PM
Let's bump this baby up with some news from the kings from http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/ :D

MANOWAR to be joined by former members, 100-Piece Orchestra at Germany's EARTSHAKER FEST - Feb. 22, 2005

MANOWAR has just revealed some of the incredible things that are scheduled to happen at the Earthshaker Fest 2005, a two-day event set to take place July 22-23 in Geiselwind, Germany.

MANOWAR will invite all of the original members from each lineup to join them on stage for a once-in-a-lifetime event.

Ross The Boss and original MANOWAR drummer Donnie Hamzik will perform, and so will Rhino and David Shankle.

Speaking of special guests, the legendary actor Mr. Christopher Lee will narrate the original parts recorded by Orson Welles in the songs "Dark Avenger" and "Defender" live on stage with MANOWAR.

The festival will be filmed in high definition with 30 cameras and recorded live in Surround Sound with Germany's best mobile recording truck.

This will be MANOWAR's biggest production ever that will feature a 100-piece orchestra and a 100-piece choir.

Famed stage and lighting designer Rick Smith is working with the band at this very moment on an incredible stage and lighting design that is sure to be one of the, if not the biggest PA, lighting and staging ever for a metal festival.

Finally, the first Official MANOWAR Mega Fan Convention will take place as a three-day event to be held on July 21-23 in Geiselwind, Germany.

Here is a list of just some of the things that are planned:

- Autograph, interview and photo sessions with current and past band members;
- Rare historical items from the band's personal archive will be on display as well as for sale;
- Guest speakers and seminars will include: Ken Kelly (artist who has painted all MANOWAR album and DVD covers since "Fighting The World"), Paul Clark (MANOWAR's original road manager), Dawk (MANOWAR's equipment design engineer), Dan Lee (head of MANOWAR's security team), Jay Bergen (MANOWAR's attorney), John Kalodner (legendary A&R guru), Scott Harris (MANOWAR's chopper mechanic), Neil Johnson (MANOWAR's video director), Rainer Hansel (MANOWAR's German tour promoter) and more!
- Guitar and drum clinics;
- Many incredible prizes;
- Miss Manowar Contest 2005;
- And much more! Visit the Worldwide Web Warriors Zine at www.webwarriors.tk for more information.

Also, a custom made chopper will be given away to a lucky fan on stage!

MANOWAR's DVD "Hell On Earth Part 4" will be released around the time of the festival and will include a brand new MANOWAR single with some possible additions of a few other surprises. And those are just a few of the very special moments MANOWAR has planned for you.

Tickets for the Earthshaker Fest 2005 are available for sale now. Tickets for the Mega Fan Convention will be available soon.

Cheers! :bottle:

Apollo
02-24-2005, 02:56 PM
Manowar is a great metal band.
Kick as riffs and good songwriting and generall bad ass musicians.

it s true that their image is a bit ridiculous but try to look past that and just listen to the music.

scottydabodi
02-24-2005, 11:20 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen, from the United States of America... All Hail, MANOWAR.

bueno bob
02-24-2005, 11:56 PM
On rare occasion, Manowar has pulled out a good song or two that I've really been able to get behind...more often than not, though, I get really disinterested with all the ridiculous Dungeons and Dragons themes in the music itself - their image is fucking ridiculous, yes, but from a solely musical aspect, I'm not so much worried about riding the blazing stallion through the burning fields to slay the wicked dragon of doom and rescue maiden fair, so that at the end of my trail I might join my brave, fallen bretheren in Valhalla and drink mead until Odin blows his mighty horn and we must all ride forth upon winged stallions into the realms of Hel to do battle with Loki and his legions of the damned so that we can thwart his evil schemes and so forth...it just wears really thin really quickly...

Mr Badguy
02-25-2005, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob
On rare occasion, Manowar has pulled out a good song or two that I've really been able to get behind...more often than not, though, I get really disinterested with all the ridiculous Dungeons and Dragons themes in the music itself - their image is fucking ridiculous, yes, but from a solely musical aspect, I'm not so much worried about riding the blazing stallion through the burning fields to slay the wicked dragon of doom and rescue maiden fair, so that at the end of my trail I might join my brave, fallen bretheren in Valhalla and drink mead until Odin blows his mighty horn and we must all ride forth upon winged stallions into the realms of Hel to do battle with Loki and his legions of the damned so that we can thwart his evil schemes and so forth...it just wears really thin really quickly...

I can dig the escapism in the lyrics but the real strength of Manowar lies in the music.

Like most Heavy Metal the words would just be silly if they didn`t have kick ass tunes to back them up.

Anonymous
02-25-2005, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob

Well, what kind lyrics did you want Manowar to have? 'Is this love?' kind of lyrics? I mean, they DO have some booze & wimmen lyrics, just like Dave, but they can't make ALL lyrics like that... You've already got AC/DC doing that.

Cheers! :bottle: