PDA

View Full Version : Time to move on ? Time to take the VH off this site?

squib
12-28-2004, 10:06 PM
It's ironic to me, yet probably appropriate that the end of Van Halen came with Dave, Sammy (and even Mike) performing VH tunes on stage, with Ed and Alex out of the picture. This of course was the DAVE and sam tour. THAT TOUR WAS THE FARWELL TOUR. Weather you were a Dave fan Sammy fan or both, that tour summarized, and brought to a close the significant years of Van Halen.

Ed and Al were proven to be irrelevant to the present, and the future. They then tried to join in and capatalize with the greatest hits and tour...AND THE WORLD SAW RIGHT THROUGH THEM.

If somehow a real reunion with new music takes place, I will be the first in line to listen, but I'm not waiting for a Van Halen return and I am not expecting it.

This brings me now to my question, although we can't forget the inportance of the VH past, ISN"T IT TIME TO MOVE ON? IS IT TIME TO REMOVE ANY VH SYMBOLS FROM THIS SITE?

tjvhou812
12-28-2004, 10:16 PM
it's the greatest rock band of all time....

dave and eddie the greatest duo of all time

turn your radio on vh is still mainstream play

good things come to those who wait
dave and ed will make music 2gether once again

guitarboy5150
12-28-2004, 10:16 PM
no because this is a site dedicated to classic vh and dlr and since dlr is cvh then thats how the site should stay...

Tyrone Biggums
12-28-2004, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by squib
It's ironic to me, yet probably appropriate that the end of Van Halen came with Dave, Sammy (and even Mike) performing VH tunes on stage, with Ed and Alex out of the picture. This of course was the DAVE and sam tour. THAT TOUR WAS THE FARWELL TOUR. Weather you were a Dave fan Sammy fan or both, that tour summarized, and brought to a close the significant years of Van Halen.

Ed and Al were proven to be irrelevant to the present, and the future. They then tried to join in and capatalize with the greatest hits and tour...AND THE WORLD SAW RIGHT THROUGH THEM.

If somehow a real reunion with new music takes place, I will be the first in line to listen, but I'm not waiting for a Van Halen return and I am not expecting it.

This brings me now to my question, although we can't forget the inportance of the VH past, ISN"T IT TIME TO MOVE ON? IS IT TIME TO REMOVE ANY VH SYMBOLS FROM THIS SITE?

I'M RICK JAMES, BITCH! ENJOY YOURSELF!

rustoffa
12-28-2004, 10:57 PM
IS IT TIME TO REMOVE ANY VH SYMBOLS FROM THIS SITE?

It wouldn't be the same without 'em.....

After all, DLR named the band.

Flash Bastard
12-28-2004, 11:06 PM

I believe it's highly unlikely that Roth and VH will ever reunite. And maybe they shouldn't given how badly Ed's slipping into the shitter.

But stick around. After all there's a lot more to this place than Van Halen. And it's 98 percent Hagar free.

Panamark
12-28-2004, 11:15 PM
Interesting concept,

But its like ripping down the Beatles. We celebrate the greatness that once was. Not even Sammy can take that away.

Terry
12-29-2004, 09:07 AM
Roth is always gonna have a symbiotic relationship with Van Halen. Used to think the association with Van Hagar sucked, but really doesn't matter in the final analysis cuz classic Van Halen is the apex of that bands career. Panamark is right. No amount of bland power ballads by Sam Halen is gonna tarnish classic Van Halens output.

No amount of foolishness on Ed and Als part post-1985 is gonna make me ashamed of still digging what the group put out from 1978 to 1984.

Heavydigger
12-29-2004, 11:55 AM
Indeed. I think VH should stay here. Van Halen (in my opinion) ended when Dave quit to go solo. so we should remember and respect that era.

Don Corleone
12-29-2004, 12:05 PM
Dave always has been, and always will be proud of what he achieved with Van Halen. As he said in his book (or there abouts) what came after he left are just disposable parts.

The logo should stay.

Carmine
12-29-2004, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Terry
classic Van Halen is the apex of that bands career. Panamark is right. No amount of bland power ballads by Sam Halen is gonna tarnish classic Van Halens output.

No amount of foolishness on Ed and Als part post-1985 is gonna make me ashamed of still digging what the group put out from 1978 to 1984.

F'n right on! 5 big ones for you!

DLR7884
12-29-2004, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums
I'M RICK JAMES, BITCH! ENJOY YOURSELF!

You're a fucking homo.

DLR7884
Bitch.

Don Corleone
12-29-2004, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums
I'M RICK JAMES, BITCH! ENJOY YOURSELF![/SIZE]

Atomic_Rob
12-29-2004, 10:23 PM
When Dave left Van Halen, he took the bands talent, danger, excitement, rawness and fun with him. Ever since then, Dave has tried his best to keep the Van Halen flag flying high up there with Led Zeppelin, The Beatles and The Rolling Stones. Unfortunately, several people have tried their best to rip that flag down with the Classic Van Halen symbol on and replace it with that shit Van Hagar logo.

I realised the other day that the reason it goes round in like a circle is because it reflects Fat boys waist line. ROUND.

I my view, Dave OWNS Van Halen, not just in a musical sense but also in a business sense. He was the one who put his own money into the stage sets, he designed the T-shirts and most importantly he put all those things into Van Halen that dissapeared after he left. The reason? He took them with him.

All of us here appreaciate the work and talent he put into Van Halen. Whatever any stupid prick from a Hagar site says, IF IT WASNT FOR DIAMOND DAVE, THERE WOULD BE NO VAN HALEN. END OF

What has this got to do with VH logos on the site you ask? Well as I mentioned above, Dave owns Van Halen, and therefore all logos etc should be associated with him, especially on sites dedicated to his musical legacy.

POJO_Risin
12-29-2004, 10:30 PM
Classic Van Halen will always be part of this site...

Homos like Tyrone "Diamond Den" Biggums will not...

MAX
12-29-2004, 10:32 PM
It was the lack of panda beastiality that fooled me? Damn, I'm dumb!!!!

Fuck, Poj is on Fiaaaahhhhh!!!!!!!

David Van Via
12-30-2004, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Atomic_Rob
When Dave left Van Halen, he took the bands talent, danger, excitement, rawness and fun with him. Ever since then, Dave has tried his best to keep the Van Halen flag flying high up there with Led Zeppelin, The Beatles and The Rolling Stones. Unfortunately, several people have tried their best to rip that flag down with the Classic Van Halen symbol on and replace it with that shit Van Hagar logo.

I realised the other day that the reason it goes round in like a circle is because it reflects Fat boys waist line. ROUND.

I my view, Dave OWNS Van Halen, not just in a musical sense but also in a business sense. He was the one who put his own money into the stage sets, he designed the T-shirts and most importantly he put all those things into Van Halen that dissapeared after he left. The reason? He took them with him.

All of us here appreaciate the work and talent he put into Van Halen. Whatever any stupid prick from a Hagar site says, IF IT WASNT FOR DIAMOND DAVE, THERE WOULD BE NO VAN HALEN. END OF

What has this got to do with VH logos on the site you ask? Well as I mentioned above, Dave owns Van Halen, and therefore all logos etc should be associated with him, especially on sites dedicated to his musical legacy.

Great post sir! Couldn't have put it better myself! :D