PDA

View Full Version : Phil Anselmo video statement concerning Dimebag

Flash Bastard
12-29-2004, 12:28 AM
Courtesy of Fuze TV... opens in Windows Media Player.

http://mfile.akamai.com/2838/wmv/cablev.download.akamai.com/2838/fuse/uranium/2004-12-28_anselmo_hi.asx

Flash Bastard
12-29-2004, 12:33 AM
I believe this is the video version of the statement released on the day of Dime's memorial service.

DrMaddVibe
12-29-2004, 10:26 AM
Someone should've filmed this AFTER he sobered up.

I think it was wrong to not let him be there to pay his last respects. There was some "bad blood", but damn...he lived with Dimebag a LONG time...he should've been able to say good-bye.

WACF
12-29-2004, 04:26 PM
He ran his mouth too much to be allowed at the funeral.

Life is too short for that shit!

I agree....they should of let him sober up first.

Brett
12-29-2004, 05:16 PM
He said some pretty hurtful things I guess that the family just couldn't get over.

DLR_EngineRoom
12-29-2004, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Flash Bastard
Courtesy of Fuze TV... opens in Windows Media Player.

http://mfile.akamai.com/2838/wmv/cablev.download.akamai.com/2838/fuse/uranium/2004-12-28_anselmo_hi.asx

Anyone have a transliteration? Can't open videos at work.....

Brett
12-29-2004, 06:17 PM
Basically saying how sorry he was, sorry that he couldn't go to the funeral, but understood and respected the family's wishes. Called him one of his best friends, and a beautiful person, and that Pantera wasn't just some band, and Dime wasn't just some guitar player.

Then he starts to cry a little, keeps repeating how sorry he is, but angrily in some places. Basically he sounds like he does singing Pantera songs, just a little less loud. :) Looks pretty upset, probably a little wasted too. Basically it's just stream of consciousness stuff.

Then he says stuff about this changed the world, and he blames the heavy metal press and the media in some way for the death. Then he says it's the last anyone will see of him for a while, not like we've seen all that much of Phil lately.

Flash Bastard
12-29-2004, 09:35 PM
Part of me feels sorry for him but the other part wants to tell him to shut the fuck up.

rustoffa
12-29-2004, 09:48 PM
A friend of mine gave me this disc with a collection of Anselmo's concert rants labeled "Anselmo's mis-spoken word".

He promised it was really funny, and it is....just mindless babbling about "mothafuckin' supa joint ritual" this and that.

Actually sounds like he starts to doze off in one of 'em....hahaha.

Maybe I'll post a few in shitty mp3 format.

:D

Flash Bastard
12-29-2004, 09:59 PM
Post 'em!

Soul Reaper
01-15-2005, 03:06 PM
If he hadn't of said what he did about Dimebag then he would have been able to pay his last respects to Dimebag.

How is the heavy metal media to blame for this?

twonabomber
01-15-2005, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Flash Bastard
Part of me feels sorry for him but the other part wants to tell him to shut the fuck up.

after seeing that abortion of a band he's in at Ozzfest, yeah, have him shut the fuck up.