PDA

View Full Version : Coach P FIRED!

Carmine
12-29-2004, 02:36 PM
The details are just starting to roll in here in Syracuse, but the new Athletic Director is holding a press conference to announce the firing of head football coach Paul Pasqueloni. He says he will build S.U. into a national championship team and is looking for a head coach with both collegiate and NFL experience. This is a blessing for us fans up here, the football was going nowhere with this guy!

DrMaddVibe
12-29-2004, 02:42 PM
LOL

Carmine
12-29-2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
LOL

at which part?:confused:

FairWarning23
12-29-2004, 03:02 PM
Any names being thrown around at this point?

They need a big time recruit at QB, someone who is actually a threat to complete a pass. And special teams has really gone down hill the last few years...

Carmine
12-29-2004, 03:06 PM
Nah, to early. they didnt even have the press conference yet. I just heard a blip on 95x here in syracuse about it. Uhh, welcome to the Army too, first post.

FairWarning23
12-29-2004, 03:19 PM
Thank you. Funny, didn't think my first post would be about SU football and not VH. I was up there last week for the basketball games (decided against going to the bowl game). They kept giving him the vote of confidence, but how many times did they get blown out this season alone?

If you're near a TV, ESPNews will talking about this at 3:30 and should have some candidate names.

Carmine
12-29-2004, 03:21 PM
95x will be carrying the press conference too....no tv!

for now....it's THE HAK AND MAC show anyway!

FairWarning23
12-29-2004, 03:39 PM
Exactly, as long as they keep rolling to St. Louis, I can deal.

ESPN is mentioning Norm Chow, the offensive coordinator at USC as a possibility. It's logical with the new AD, but they say this guy's been a lifer at USC, so he may just stay where he is.

Brett
12-29-2004, 03:48 PM
Norm Chow is not a lifer at USC, he was at BYU for 29 years, came to SC with Pete Carroll 4 years ago. Obviously I hope he stays here, considering what he's done with SC's offense.

POJO_Risin
12-29-2004, 04:52 PM
He was here at NC State for a couple of years as well...and has been looking for a head job...

He was a candidate for Stanford...and UW as well...

We'll see...

Chow seems to be a good candidate...but...I'm thinking they'd be looking younger...

if it were me...and it's not...but if it was...and I was looking for a guy with pro and college connections...

I don't know...lmfao...who I'd be looking at right now...I need to research...

but it was long overdue for this guy...

Va Beach VH Fan
12-29-2004, 07:58 PM
Hmmph, so much for that vote of confidence....

POJO_Risin
12-29-2004, 08:21 PM
Yeah...the story of NCAA coaching life...a vote of confidence usually means a soon to be see you later...lmfao...

Va Beach VH Fan
12-30-2004, 09:02 AM
The ironic part is that you have one side of the story in a situation like this, where the coach is given a vote of confidence, then it shown the door...

Then you have people getting pissed off at coaches, like the guy in Louisville, who just got a big contract extension, but turns right around and interviews with LSU....

Carmine
12-30-2004, 09:27 AM
I dont know if Coach P is gonna get an offer anytime soon....The new AD here wants a national contender and has injected a shred of life in an otherwise dull program at SU by getting rid of P. The Orange basketball team is ranked 7th right now, I live here and cannot remember the last time the football team was ranked that high. We never get a good GROUP of players. It is always one or two standouts...ie Donvan Mcnabb... Harrison etc. Maybe a decent new coach and things will change.

POJO_Risin
12-30-2004, 01:52 PM
If I remember Raguzza though...in the 80's and early 90's...they were constantly top 10 material...

I could be wrong...but I seem to remember solid play yearly from the Orangeman...

it will happen again...would have really been nice if they joined the ACC with Virginia Tech and Miami...would have helped with recruiting...

I think they'll get a big gun in there...

Carmine
12-30-2004, 01:58 PM
thats what were hoping Poj.....everybody up here has a theory..this guy...that guy. It'll be interesting.....Coach Mac shoulda never took the Patriots job. And you are right, late 80's into the 90's SU was good...but could never get over. We'll see.....

Va Beach VH Fan
12-30-2004, 02:05 PM
Hell yeah, Syracuse used to have some great teams....

Pearl Washington and all those guys....

What was that ???

Oh, Syracuse football, you said ??

Never mind.... ;)

Carmine
12-30-2004, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
Hell yeah, Syracuse used to have some great teams....

Pearl Washington and all those guys....

What was that ???

Oh, Syracuse football, you said ??

Never mind.... ;)

Jab......jab......upper cut....hook!

POJO_Risin
12-30-2004, 02:45 PM
What are the names you've heard...anyone big?...there has to be someone there that hasn't been scooped up yet...lmfao...nice job waiting for all the big names to go by...but maybe that was a good thing...

Carmine
12-30-2004, 03:00 PM
Nothin really yet Poj....just talk, wishes is more like it.

POJO_Risin
12-30-2004, 03:07 PM
And the LSU job out there as well...lmfao...

Va Beach VH Fan
12-30-2004, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Carmine Raguzza.
Jab......jab......upper cut....hook!

Just fukkin' wit' ya !!!! ;)

POJO_Risin
12-30-2004, 05:15 PM
Hey...Rafael Addison was on that team...he could shoot the pill...

and that whining bastard LeRon Ellis...didn't he play for Kentucky too?...transfer maybe?

Carmine
01-03-2005, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
Just fukkin' wit' ya !!!! ;)

same hear...:D ....no news on this yet.

Carmine
01-05-2005, 09:57 AM
SU job is the only one in D-1 still available

And then there was Syracuse.

Of the 22 openings for head football coaches among the 117 D-1 programs, the Orange football program is the last D-1 team with its top job unfilled coming out of the 2004 season.

Who gets the job?

Orange A-D Daryl Gross said tuesday that he had not yet made a decision on who will replace Coach P, who was fired last week after 14 seasons at SU.

The pool of candidates include: Giants Def. Co. Tim Lewis, Oklahoma Def. Co. Bo Pelini, and Texas Def. Co. Greg Robinson. Also, an official with the New York Jets has confirmed that Def. Co. Donnie Henderson has been contacted and is considering the position. Buffalo Bills Def. Co. Jerry Gray and Colts Quarterback coach Jim Caldwell was also contacted.

Other known candidates include: Virginia tech QB coach Kevin Rogers, UConn HEad coach Randy Edsall and Univ of Miami def co. Randy Shannon.

Carmine
01-11-2005, 01:35 PM
1/11/05

Texas Def Co. Greg Robinson is the frontrunner.....

Carmine
01-11-2005, 02:23 PM
Greg Robinson of Texas has been officially named as the new Head Coach.