PDA

View Full Version : VH 1 My Coolest Years WTF???

Antman
12-30-2004, 10:52 AM
Did anyone see the Metal episode? A lot of VH references, but they had Dweezil Zappa saying how he met EVH and he even came to his school talent show. Dweezil said he was playing Runnin With the Devil and EVH showed him how to play the correct cord and Dweezil was about to play it. Then, all of a sudden, the segment stops and a disclaimer scrolls across the screen saying something like, "Due to circumstances beyond our control, we are not able to continue to show Dweezil Zappa playing the song" or something very similar. Is that part of EVH's copyright rampage? What an asshole. I'm sorry if this was in another thread. Anyone else see that? Cool show though.

Vivian Campbell
12-30-2004, 12:02 PM
I saw it too and was wondering the same thing. That was a good episode, btw.

guwapo_rocker
12-30-2004, 01:11 PM
I remember an interview many years ago where Ed stated that he didn't mind others playing and sampling Van Halen songs.
In fact he said he took it as a compliment.

I don't know how or why he became so greedy, so I'll just blame
Spam.

Mezro
12-30-2004, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by guwapo_rocker

I don't know how or why he became so greedy, so I'll just blame
Spam.

Blame Al.

Mezro...the killjoy behind the brown curtain...

Knucklebones
12-30-2004, 04:24 PM
lol I noticed that too

jojo2371
01-01-2005, 10:49 PM
yeah i saw that show too and it basically comes down to ed or alex not giving permission to play that song ,mikey doesny have a say and u know dave woulda let dweezil play it !!!!

tobinentinc
01-02-2005, 01:03 AM
I was disappointed, but it was still a pretty cool show. Jim Breauer is the funniest.

light 'em up!
01-02-2005, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
I remember an interview many years ago where Ed stated that he didn't mind others playing and sampling Van Halen songs.
In fact he said he took it as a compliment.

I recall an early days Guitar Player interview in which he said the exact opposite.

hamlet31
01-02-2005, 01:31 AM
The interruption was probably a joke. Remember, Dweezil is Frank Zappa's kid. Clowning around sort of runs in the family.

Vivian Campbell
01-02-2005, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by tobinentinc
I was disappointed, but it was still a pretty cool show. Jim Breauer is the funniest.

When Jim Breauer screamed "Play some DIO, man!" when discussing his prom experience, I almost died in my seat from laughter.

NightProwler
01-02-2005, 10:00 AM
someday flucko and phildo might graduate from high school then they can wax nostalgic for the days of getting their lunch money stolen and having the mean kids giving them swirlies!

SWOOOOSH!

LMAO

Top Jimmy
01-02-2005, 01:25 PM
I dunno...I think it was a joke....they played REAL VH music in that bit, and some vid clips too........how could the Brothers have a say over someone ELSE copping a live riff, and not the clips?

Or was it like:
HEY...if it ain't US then you can't air it!"

RogueHorseman
01-02-2005, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Mezro
Blame Al.

Mezro...the killjoy behind the brown curtain...

Ding! Ding! Ding!

Our winner, ladies and gentlemen.