PDA

View Full Version : Predictions of Van Halen/Hagar in 2005

Blacklisted
12-30-2004, 08:40 PM
Personally I think, fuck all is going to happen with the name Van Halen. Eddie is going to be drunk as usual and Sammy, well, you know he is going to gain 30 lbs drinking Cabo and eating cheeseburgers.

If you have any other thoughts or ideas feel free to post them.

jay_are
12-30-2004, 08:55 PM
I know one thing that will start off the new year. At 12:00am Jan.1, 2005 Dave will be rockin' in Orlando while Eddie will be sitting at home wondering why no one wants him around. VH needs to call it a day or sober up, get Dave back, tell Al to keep time or quit and of course Mike will be there cause he's the best back up vocalist they have ever had. Sammy will sit in Cabo with his Wannabes and after three songs he'll be pissed off 'cause he knows he'll never achieve the greatness that Dave and boys used to have.

Please, someone rescue Eddie from himself before we see his flame burn out.

Blacklisted
12-30-2004, 09:00 PM
Yah Eddie nowadays looks like a bag of shit that has been punched...

That drunk ass fool seriously needs to get it together.

academic punk
12-30-2004, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Blacklisted
Personally I think, fuck all is going to happen with the name Van Halen. Eddie is going to be drunk as usual and Sammy, well, you know he is going to gain 30 lbs drinking Cabo and eating cheeseburgers.

Now HERE'S a thread that has potential!

My thoughts: the fact that the Van Hagar tour this year bodes POORLY for a full-scale reunion. Why? Because promoters and the business concern don't know from dave OR sammy: they only know the name VAN HALEN. "Van Halen is touring AGAIN this year? Shit, didn't they just tour LAST year? And lose ME a bunch of MY money? Well, I'm only going to give them half the advance they're requesting, no way am i going to book them for three nights - we'll guarantee one, with the option of another, by MY discretion, etc etc"

This is VERY bad news for the hopes of a reunion. The ONLY way I can imagine Ed getting out of bed - and agreeing to work with dave - is on his own terms and for a shitload of cash. And here's the rub: Dave will only do it on Dave's terms and for a shitload of cash, too!

So Dave will probably want Ed to straighten out. Ed would see that as an imposition, and there, folks, is the roadblock. (Ironically, Ed would probably want Dave to "straighten out" in terms of his musicianship, and would try to limit the amount of "spectacle" in the show; thus continuing the focus on him rather than Dave.

So there you have it: Van Hagar has tarnished the name VH: not just with the fans now, but also with the business side. That means less money. That means less chance of a reunion.

At best, MAYBE 2005 will bring talks amongst their separate management teams, and work on a box set of classic stuff - live material, outtakes, demos, radio promotions, etc - could maybe se the light of day sometime before the next presidential election.

(BUT THERE AGAIN, I CAN'T SEE IT HAPPENING. ANY BOX SET THAT ED WOULD AGREE TO WOULD INCLUDE HAGAR, JUST TO TWIST THE KNIFE IN DAVE'S BACK, AND TO SATIATE ED'S INSECURITY THAT HE IS THE STAR OF THE BAND, AND "NEVER" HAD TO ACTUALLY SHARE THE SPOTLIGHT IN ORDER TO GET WHERE HE IS. FUCK!!!)

so look forward to maybe eighty live dates from Roth, silence from VH, and sammy and mikey having lots of gay sex on stage with each other.

tjvhou812
12-30-2004, 09:55 PM
as a mega van halen fan

i don't see them going far w/dave or sammy
as much as i hate to say this
eddie is a fucking drunk.

and he needs to straightin his axe(ass) out
b4 van halen does anything

i think dave needs to talk some scence into his head

mike anthony doesnt even know the future of van halen

Rikk
12-30-2004, 09:58 PM
I think they've already made fools of themselves enough and also humiliated the record company and promoters too many times for them to do anything that people will care about. Frankly, Eddie could clean himself up, but it's almost too late. In 1996, they had the momentum coming off a (s)hit album with people actually caring about what Eddie was going to do, and Dave coming back was the best thing for the press to jump on with the success of KISS. But now, people are just laughing at them as a bad nostalgia band. The only thing they have going for them is that Dave is actually still news.

rustoffa
12-30-2004, 10:09 PM
I'd imagine it'll be pretty uneventful.

Hopefully, a Dave summertime tour.....

Mike and roy will obviously fulfill their buttermilk & buttholes utopian quest for touring depravity.....

If Ed finally does a concept album with Boz Scaggs, I'll say "I told you so".

Coyote
12-31-2004, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Blacklisted

In three words: Down In Flames.

Panamark
12-31-2004, 09:44 AM
Dave will Rock
Ed will Suck
Mikey will Suck Spammy
Al - who cares

Wayne L.
12-31-2004, 09:50 AM
I think the Van Halen reunion tour with Sammy or Van Hagar as some like to say is the last VH tour period. I predict Eddie will release his first official solo album & go on his first solo tour with Alex on drums in the next three years. Dave will release another solo album which will be reminiscent of his Van Halen days but he will be be successful in Las Vegas finally. Sammy will return as a solo artist with a new album with Michael Anthony officially joining his band.

Terry
12-31-2004, 08:30 PM
What's Hagar gonna do in 2005? Er, um.........who gives a toss?

If it's a Rothless Van Halen in 2005, same thing.

Van Halen is of no consequence to me if Dave's not fronting.

What I'd like to see from Roth in 2005 is a slamming new album of original, straight up rock. No blues covers. No throwaway tracks. Then he should take to the road with a new approach to his setlist. More solo material and mix up the classic Van Halen. In a 19 song set, the man could do Everybody Wants Some, Ice Cream Man, Aint Talkin Bout Love, Panama and Jump, then split up the other 14 tunes with 7 each classic Van Halen and solo. No Roth fan is gonna walk away pissed off, and that's the bulk of who's checking him out these days.

diamondsgirl
12-31-2004, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Terry

Van Halen is of no consequence to me if Dave's not fronting.

what Terry said! :cool:

ddr
12-31-2004, 09:53 PM
VAN HALEN 1ST 6 ALBUMS WERE AMERICAS FAVORITE ROCK AND ROLL . LED BY EDDIE VAN HALEN DAVID LEE ROTH , MIKE ANTHONY AND ALEX VAN HALEN . VAN HALEN STORMED AMERICA MANY TIMES AND BROUGHT THE PARTY TO THE MASSES THE WORLD LOVED THEM . EDDIE WAS GREATEST GUITARIST AND DAVE WHAT CAN YOU SAY ''SHINED LIKE A DIAMOND'' AND MIKE AND ALEX JUST LAID THE GROOVE . MAN THOSE ROCORDS NOBODY I MEAN NOBODY CAN TOUCH THAT NOT EVEN AEROSMITH . VAN HALEN WERE ORIGINAL !!!!!!
NOBODY WILL EVER KNOW WHY DAVE LEFT ON APRIL FOOLS DAY ? EVERYONE I NEW JUST LOST THEIR MINDS SAYING WHY ??????? . I FOLLOWED THE BAND SINCE I WAS 9 LIVING IN REDONDO BEACH . EVERY PARTY I WENT TO GROWING UP THE STEREO WAS BLASTIN RUNNIN WITH DEVIL OR BEAUTIFUL GIRL'S AND EVERYBODY WANTS SOME AND JUMP PANAMA OR I'LL WAIT . STILL TO THIS DAY !!!!!!! MAN DID WE GET THE MOST PHENOMENAL MUSIC LAID DOWN . MAN WHEN YOU LEFT A VAN HALEN SHOW YOU HAD A SPIRITUAL FEELING YOU WERE LIFTED OFF THE GROUND . DAVE AND EDDIE CAN WORK TOGETHER AGAIN . DAVES NOT AN ASSHOLE EDDIE NOT A JERK NONE OF THEM ARE !!!!!!! YOUR DEALING WITH THE GREATEST ROCK BAND WITH PROBLEMS . SAMMY WAS A POP STAR POINT BLANK . EDDIE , DAVE AND ALEX AND MIKE IS VAN HALEN THAT WROTE SOME OF ROCKS BEST ROCK TUNES , NOT SAMMY !!! EDDIE STATED MANY TIMES THATS WHAT SAMMY WRITES POP TUNES . ONE DAY WHEN THEY SEE THE SHINNING LIGHT THAT COMES DOWN , THEY WILL LOOK AT EVERYTHING AND HEAL HURT WOUNDS AND SAY WHAT THE FUCK MAN LETS ROCK THE WORLD CAUSE YOU KNOW THEY WOULD LIGHT UP THE SKY AROUND THE WORLD . CHECK MY SPELLING MOTHER FUCKERS DRWILDTHING

ddr
12-31-2004, 09:54 PM
VAN HALEN 1ST 6 ALBUMS WERE AMERICAS FAVORITE ROCK AND ROLL . LED BY EDDIE VAN HALEN DAVID LEE ROTH , MIKE ANTHONY AND ALEX VAN HALEN . VAN HALEN STORMED AMERICA MANY TIMES AND BROUGHT THE PARTY TO THE MASSES THE WORLD LOVED THEM . EDDIE WAS GREATEST GUITARIST AND DAVE WHAT CAN YOU SAY ''SHINED LIKE A DIAMOND'' AND MIKE AND ALEX JUST LAID THE GROOVE . MAN THOSE ROCORDS NOBODY I MEAN NOBODY CAN TOUCH THAT NOT EVEN AEROSMITH . VAN HALEN WERE ORIGINAL !!!!!!
NOBODY WILL EVER KNOW WHY DAVE LEFT ON APRIL FOOLS DAY ? EVERYONE I NEW JUST LOST THEIR MINDS SAYING WHY ??????? . I FOLLOWED THE BAND SINCE I WAS 9 LIVING IN REDONDO BEACH . EVERY PARTY I WENT TO GROWING UP THE STEREO WAS BLASTIN RUNNIN WITH DEVIL OR BEAUTIFUL GIRL'S AND EVERYBODY WANTS SOME AND JUMP PANAMA OR I'LL WAIT . STILL TO THIS DAY !!!!!!! MAN DID WE GET THE MOST PHENOMENAL MUSIC LAID DOWN . MAN WHEN YOU LEFT A VAN HALEN SHOW YOU HAD A SPIRITUAL FEELING YOU WERE LIFTED OFF THE GROUND . DAVE AND EDDIE CAN WORK TOGETHER AGAIN . DAVES NOT AN ASSHOLE EDDIE NOT A JERK NONE OF THEM ARE !!!!!!! YOUR DEALING WITH THE GREATEST ROCK BAND WITH PROBLEMS . SAMMY WAS A POP STAR POINT BLANK . EDDIE , DAVE AND ALEX AND MIKE IS VAN HALEN THAT WROTE SOME OF ROCKS BEST ROCK TUNES , NOT SAMMY !!! EDDIE STATED MANY TIMES THATS WHAT SAMMY WRITES POP TUNES . ONE DAY WHEN THEY SEE THE SHINNING LIGHT THAT COMES DOWN , THEY WILL LOOK AT EVERYTHING AND HEAL HURT WOUNDS AND SAY WHAT THE FUCK MAN LETS ROCK THE WORLD CAUSE YOU KNOW THEY WOULD LIGHT UP THE SKY AROUND THE WORLD . CHECK MY SPELLING MOTHER FUCKERS HAPPY NEW YEAR DRWILDTHING

CROWBAR
12-31-2004, 10:55 PM
Reminds me of a song, goes like this~ SHOUT IT SHOUT IT LOUD!!

step away from the caplocks bro and nobody gets hurt!:D

Oh yeah, Dave will kick some ass in 2005 and do just what the fuck he wants!

..and, I don't care what Van Hagar do. They're dead.

G-FORCE
01-01-2005, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
What can I say...I see flapping tits...and it's over...

academic punk
01-01-2005, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by ddr
NOBODY WILL EVER KNOW WHY DAVE LEFT ON APRIL FOOLS DAY ? EVERYONE I NEW JUST LOST THEIR MINDS SAYING WHY ??????? . I FOLLOWED THE BAND SINCE I WAS 9 LIVING IN REDONDO BEACH . EVERY PARTY I WENT TO GROWING UP THE STEREO WAS BLASTIN RUNNIN WITH DEVIL OR BEAUTIFUL GIRL'S AND EVERYBODY WANTS SOME AND JUMP PANAMA OR I'LL WAIT . STILL TO THIS DAY !!!!!!! MAN DID WE GET THE MOST PHENOMENAL MUSIC LAID DOWN . MAN WHEN YOU LEFT A VAN HALEN SHOW YOU HAD A SPIRITUAL FEELING YOU WERE LIFTED OFF THE GROUND . DAVE AND EDDIE CAN WORK TOGETHER AGAIN . DAVES NOT AN ASSHOLE EDDIE NOT A JERK NONE OF THEM ARE !!!!!!! YOUR DEALING WITH THE GREATEST ROCK BAND WITH PROBLEMS . SAMMY WAS A POP STAR POINT BLANK . EDDIE , DAVE AND ALEX AND MIKE IS VAN HALEN THAT WROTE SOME OF ROCKS BEST ROCK TUNES , NOT SAMMY !!! EDDIE STATED MANY TIMES THATS WHAT SAMMY WRITES POP TUNES . ONE DAY WHEN THEY SEE THE SHINNING LIGHT THAT COMES DOWN , THEY WILL LOOK AT EVERYTHING AND HEAL HURT WOUNDS AND SAY WHAT THE FUCK MAN LETS ROCK THE WORLD CAUSE YOU KNOW THEY WOULD LIGHT UP THE SKY AROUND THE WORLD . CHECK MY SPELLING MOTHER FUCKERS HAPPY NEW YEAR DRWILDTHING

yo, calm down with the caps lock, willya? it's new years day and I'm fuckin' hungover...

pablo
01-01-2005, 11:54 PM
Dave's better off without van halen. He's got a smokin live band. Van Halen bro's would bring Roth down. I could see Eddie breaking guitars every night on tour because Roth "hasn't changed". Dave probaly wouldn't want the gay hug fest that haggar had to endure.If what you want to hear is the classic VH ,Roths current band does it better than CVH can at this stage in their career. However, if you want new roth material, it most definitly would be better with CVH lineup in the studio. They have creative tension that has led to great music. Best bet for 2005 is dave stay solo and do limited touring to keep it fresh.At 50 it's probaly easy to burn out on the road.

davidleetoupee
01-02-2005, 06:53 PM
humas?

degüello
01-02-2005, 07:33 PM
The name Van Halen is no longer "mighty".

degüello
01-02-2005, 07:35 PM
More like "tarnished".

Fabulous Shadow
01-03-2005, 12:42 AM
Nothing until 2006, and that is IF Ed makes it through 2005...

Carmine
01-03-2005, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Fabulous Shadow
Nothing until 2006, and that is IF Ed makes it through 2005...

Ditto! I have heard the same! And Welcome back, you gorgeous stack of pancakes!

aesop
01-03-2005, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Carmine Raguzza.
Ditto! I have heard the same! And Welcome back, you gorgeous stack of pancakes!

Drizzled in pure maple syrup and whipped cream...

...Oh wait, I have the cream ;)

Carmine
01-03-2005, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by aesop
Drizzled in pure maple syrup and whipped cream...

...Oh wait, I have the cream ;)

Its getting HOT in here again!

Drunken Eddie
01-03-2005, 10:24 AM
You guys are so fucking strupid

In 2005 this will happen.

Eddie will go into a treatment facility if he hasn't done so yet for about 6 weeks.
Alex will continue taking care of things related to the band business wise along with Irving Azhoff.
Mike will hang with his family and do the occasional jam with Sammy in one of the Cabo's.
Sammy will play a few solo shows and then the band will hit the studio and make one killer album while Dave is putting on band aids to the homeless drunks in New York City trying to remember the GOOD TIMES.

Dave WAS a GREAT frontman, never a great singer, just a good ring leader. He is NOT a musician, he is just a mouthpiece. His time has long since passed so all you fuck wads need to get out of your spandex pants and get out of your parents basements and look at the calendar. Its 2005, not 1985.

DAVE CAN'T SING. And his band of CAREER VAN HALEN WANNABES is all he has going for him. I wish him well in his night club circuit, thats all he has going for him other than the occasional Town Fair.

Carmine
01-03-2005, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Drunken Eddie

Eddie will go into a treatment facility if he hasn't done so yet for about 6 weeks.
Alex will continue taking care of things related to the band business wise along with Irving Azhoff.
Mike will hang with his family and do the occasional jam with Sammy in one of the Cabo's.
Sammy will play a few solo shows and then the band will hit the studio and make one killer album while Dave is putting on band aids to the homeless drunks in New York City trying to remember the GOOD TIMES.

Dave WAS a GREAT frontman, never a great singer, just a good ring leader. He is NOT a musician, he is just a mouthpiece. His time has long since passed so all you fuck wads need to get out of your spandex pants and get out of your parents basements and look at the calendar. Its 2005, not 1985.

DAVE CAN'T SING. And his band of CAREER VAN HALEN WANNABES is all he has going for him. I wish him well in his night club circuit, thats all he has going for him other than the occasional Town Fair.

I'll bet your just BLASTING "Feels so good" right now....

Nickdfresh
01-03-2005, 10:41 AM

Ha ha, I guess I am "STRUPID" but you ARE a mindless ass-lapping fucktard!

Carmine
01-03-2005, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Ha ha, I guess I am "STRUPID" but you ARE a mindless ass-lapping fucktard!

Just getting ready to type the same....Thanks Nick!

Nickdfresh
01-03-2005, 10:58 AM
I am so fucking strupid

We noticed 'strupid'!;)

My mother will blow Puerto Rican Male Strippers. And my father will continue to be very ashamed of me.

Gee, hasn't tried that one before. How long will fleeting sobriety last this time?

Yeey! Mongoloid Alice and his yes-man Irving Assoff will continue to embarrassingly ruin Van Halen's once proud legacy by continuing the no-record contract & failed touring policies!

Lot's of free time is the benefit of working for drunks and assholes.

ON WHAT RECORD LABEL FUCKTARD!? No one will touch them! You should no this since we are all so 'strupid' and you are the sage of wisdom here.

Oh, sorry I forgot what white-trash appeal Spammy has!
http://www.miliandtilduh.com/pitures/sammyhagar.jpg

Oh, a Spammy fan telling me Dave can't sing! Well, maybe you prefer the sound of screeching gayness and mediocraty, but whatever, to each his own! Hey, how are the Waborita's doin' with Sammy at the helm. Are they gonna' play to sold out arenas now?

GET THEE TO EITHER 'VH LINKS' OR TO THE SHEEP PEN YOU LOSER!
http://animalscience.ucdavis.edu/animalbiotech/images/sheep.jpg

"HAVE A WABORITA ON ME SHEEP FAG"

Carmine
01-03-2005, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by academic punk
Because promoters and the business concern don't know from dave OR sammy: they only know the name VAN HALEN.

If Dave was back in the band tommorow, every promoter on earth would know VH with Dave from Sammy! Are you serious, or am I reading your post wrong?

squib
01-03-2005, 09:05 PM
Only one way to put the mighty back in van halen and ed & al won't have it.

It reminds me of an interview with prince a few years back. He used to be compared to Michael Jackson as the weird one. Prince simply said who's the weird one now?

Same with Ed and Dave. Everyone thought Dave was the one with ego. The main thing keeping VH from reuniting in '05 or any year is Ed and Al's ego. I can't imagine them coming off this bad tour allowing Dave to come to the rescue...

Terry
01-04-2005, 06:14 PM
Problem is, I can totally see everyone in Van Hagar thinking the tour was a rousing success. Even if it was underattended, Van Hagar still made their money.

Long as enough chuckleheads continue to show up and part with their money, no reason for Van Hagar to cease and desist.

It'd take a substantial number of promoters saying 'no thanks' for Van Hagar not to tour again. Van Halen is realistic. They know they're never gonna move records in multi-platinum quantities again (even if Roth is in the band), or that it's a long shot at best. Touring is where the bread is.

Blacklisted
01-04-2005, 09:11 PM
Touring is where the bread is IF they are filling the places. However Van Hagar's ticket price they don't need to fill the venues the greedy fucks.

DLR rules.