PDA

View Full Version : New Years Show

rochesterdr
01-01-2005, 02:33 PM
This is my first post here, but I've been a huge DLR/VH fan since my first concert at the age of 14 in for the YFLM tour. So anyway...I saw Diamond Dave play last night in Orlando and he brought the house down. I tell ya he was in rare form, but as you all know he's always in rare form. He played all the classics, man and it was the perfect way to rock in the year. His band was on it. Ray Luzier on bass, Brian Young on guitar, some Japanese dude on guitar, and I forget the drummer's name, but they all were awesome.
Dave would stop right in the middle of songs to start telling jokes and the crowd was eating that up. It was a mixed crowd, a lot of people had only vague ideas of who Dave was, but they sure as hell know now. He started off with VH hits like Unchained, Hot for Teacher, Somebody Get Me a Doctor, he played Calif Girls, Just Like Paradise, and a lot more. This first set lasted about an hour. He took a break after that and encouraged us all to get fucked up. At midnight he returned and continued rocking the hell out Orlando. Man this was the place to be.
He played Runnin With the Devil, some more classic VH, Just a Gigolo, Yankee Rose, even busted out Shoo Bop off Diamond Dave, which I think is a fuckin rockin song, that shit was tight! Man what a good freakin show...I was right there too, like 10 feet from the stage. Some old slut was dancing with me and smelling like liquor and I told her not to puke on me and she flipped script and got beligerant quickl like. Other than that shit was straight, I even met some English hotties on vacation who bought me beer.
The night was capped off with an encore of Jump...to sum it up, that was the place to be. Dave fuckin rocked.

lms2
01-01-2005, 02:36 PM
Thanks for the review! Lucky dog...

Northern Girl
01-01-2005, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by rochesterdr
This is my first post here, but I've been a huge DLR/VH fan since my first concert at the age of 14 in for the YFLM tour. So anyway...I saw Diamond Dave play last night in Orlando and he brought the house down. I tell ya he was in rare form, but as you all know he's always in rare form. He played all the classics, man and it was the perfect way to rock in the year. His band was on it. Ray Luzier on bass, Brian Young on guitar, some Japanese dude on guitar, and I forget the drummer's name, but they all were awesome.
Dave would stop right in the middle of songs to start telling jokes and the crowd was eating that up. It was a mixed crowd, a lot of people had only vague ideas of who Dave was, but they sure as hell know now. He started off with VH hits like Unchained, Hot for Teacher, Somebody Get Me a Doctor, he played Calif Girls, Just Like Paradise, and a lot more. This first set lasted about an hour. He took a break after that and encouraged us all to get fucked up. At midnight he returned and continued rocking the hell out Orlando. Man this was the place to be.
He played Runnin With the Devil, some more classic VH, Just a Gigolo, Yankee Rose, even busted out Shoo Bop off Diamond Dave, which I think is a fuckin rockin song, that shit was tight! Man what a good freakin show...I was right there too, like 10 feet from the stage. Some old slut was dancing with me and smelling like liquor and I told her not to puke on me and she flipped script and got beligerant quickl like. Other than that shit was straight, I even met some English hotties on vacation who bought me beer.
The night was capped off with an encore of Jump...to sum it up, that was the place to be. Dave fuckin rocked.

Great to hear Dave rocked the house; although, we had no doubt. Glad you had a blast. Welcome to the Army.

guwapo_rocker
01-01-2005, 03:12 PM
Thanks for the review and welcome. Oh, and Ray is the drummer.

Atomic_Rob
01-01-2005, 04:05 PM
Welcome to the Army, glad you had a great time, wish I could of been there.

ELVIS
01-01-2005, 04:10 PM
Ray Luzier is the drummer...

tomballin
01-01-2005, 05:18 PM
Also first time poster that made the DLR show last night. It kicked major butt. Dave is still the man, and his band was awesome. Maybe this Van Hager 04 Reunion was a good thing for the Diamond One? From looking at reviews of other '04 DLR shows this year, Dave is really putting on great shows and not goofing off on stage, like he can tend to do.

Dave's a showman and a strong competitor, and damn sure is proving he doesn't need drunk-drugged out of his skull EVH to put on a great performance. Diamond really smoked the place last night!

The guy next to me last nite, video taped the show. I got his info to hopefully get a copy to forward to ya all. Peace.

PS: Check this site out for some cool vids that rotharmy doesn't have – http://rarehalen.rocks.it/ (The site also links to www.rotharmy.com)

PS1: I have a video of EVH speaking (with Zakk Wylde on stage) at Dimebag’s Memorial benefit if you dudes are interested. Per usual EVH is blown out of his gord.

lms2
01-01-2005, 05:27 PM
Welcome to the Army Tomballin... hope you are able to get a copy of the video. :D

diamondsgirl
01-01-2005, 05:49 PM
Welcome and thanks for the reviews! Do you recall the entire setlist?

Matt White
01-01-2005, 05:57 PM
DAVID LEE ROTH & New Years Eve!!!

You Lucky Fuckers!!!:)

pablo
01-01-2005, 06:55 PM
set list not in particular order
hot for teacher
jump
panama
unchained
mean street
everybody wants some (awsome)
cradle will rock
dance the night away
runnin w/t devil
ice cream man
aint talkin bout love
you really got me
shoe bop?
goin crazy
yankee rose
just like paradise
cali girls
just a gigalo
somebody get me a doc
incredible show!!
Dave was on, cracking jokes all night, truly having a great time. very intimate show. where the band played maybe room for 1000 people standing. definitly one of the more spontanious,off the cuff shows. Everything the van halen show this year wasn't. can't think of a better way to have brought in the new year. After seeing dave with this band i hope he doesn't bother ever trying to get back with the sisters.

DavidLeeNatra
01-01-2005, 07:34 PM
so the rookies were on happy hour with diamond dave...welcome to the army you lucky mofos, thanx for the reviews and a

HAPPY ROTH YEAR for all you daveorthegravers out there...yes...and for brett, too....

Dan
01-01-2005, 07:41 PM

Thanks for the review and welcome to The Army.Roth on.

spmusicplyr
01-01-2005, 07:47 PM
david lee natra i fuckin live that ou812 album cover. its hilarious. now make one of them with all hitler moustaches :)

DavidLeeNatra
01-01-2005, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by spmusicplyr
david lee natra i fuckin live that ou812 album cover. its hilarious. now make one of them with all hitler moustaches :)

naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...no nazi jokes from your german "achtung-panzer-sieg-heil"-man on a site dedicated to a black man trapped in a jewish body...

pablo
01-01-2005, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...no nazi jokes from your german "achtung-panzer-sieg-heil"-man on a site dedicated to a black man trapped in a jewish body...

dave must really believe he's a blackman trapped in a jewish body. Last night he referred to the audience and his guitarist as "white motherfuckers" pretty funny shit!!

rustoffa
01-01-2005, 08:09 PM
As usual, sounds like our hero tore it up.

Nice reviews....

Anybody take a camera?
:D

pablo
01-01-2005, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by rustoffa
As usual, sounds like our hero tore it up.

Nice reviews....

Anybody take a camera?
:D

Plenty of cameras,also saw 3 professional video cameras filming the show .However , the video cameras weren,t up in front of stage. Kinda in the back in different angles. I wonder if it was universal studios filming it? My friend said he will ask if they recorded it and if available through the park next time he visits there.

jojo2371
01-01-2005, 10:41 PM
pics would be nice if anyone was able to get some ,and as for dave rockin new years please he is new years no doubt he was gonna bust a nut in orlando thanx for the reviews guys !!!!!!!!

tomballin
01-01-2005, 11:47 PM
Good promo write-up for DLR show last night.

http://www.orlandoweekly.com/selections/index.asp

DAVID LEE ROTH - Folks with a little more pocket change to throw around and a yen to see where Dirrty Hairy got the big idea should ring in 2005 with rock's one and only toastmaster general, David Lee Roth – who history is rapidly revealing as the only good thing that ever happened to the brothers Van Halen.

So what if the eternally lustrous Diamond Dave chopped off his championship mane a few months ago, as part of his Page Six-celebrated training to become a certified paramedic? He can still throw down like skirt-lifting riff-a-rama never went out of style – that is, as long as your definition of throwing down depends more on a plutonium-bright personality and vaudeville-sharp timing than a perfectly preserved set of pipes. (And if it's technical proficiency you want, have fun dicking around the 'net at midnight searching for that Dream Theater gig in streaming audio.)

Orlando's attractions are notorious for filling their stages with hard rock has-beens come New Year's Eve, but our man Dave remains the real deal – not to mention the only touring tongue-in-cheek vulgarian who's saved the life of a heart-attack victim in the last 12 months. So when he yells "Jump!", you'd best reply, "Clear!"

(8 p.m. at CityWalk at Universal Orlando, 407-363-8000; $109)

scottydabodi
01-02-2005, 12:05 AM
rochesterdr!! Excellent post!! Dave rocks!

light 'em up!
01-02-2005, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by tomballin
rock's one and only toastmaster general, David Lee Roth – who history is rapidly revealing as the only good thing that ever happened to the brothers Van Halen.

Amen.

guwapo_rocker
01-02-2005, 12:40 PM
Also first time poster that made the DLR show last night. It kicked major butt. Dave is still the man, and his band was awesome. Maybe this Van Hager 04 Reunion was a good thing for the Diamond One? From looking at reviews of other '04 DLR shows this year, Dave is really putting on great shows and not goofing off on stage, like he can tend to do.

Dave's a showman and a strong competitor, and damn sure is proving he doesn't need drunk-drugged out of his skull EVH to put on a great performance. Diamond really smoked the place last night!

The guy next to me last nite, video taped the show. I got his info to hopefully get a copy to forward to ya all. Peace.

PS: Check this site out for some cool vids that rotharmy doesn't have – http://rarehalen.rocks.it/ (The site also links to www.rotharmy.com)

PS1: I have a video of EVH speaking (with Zakk Wylde on stage) at Dimebag’s Memorial benefit if you dudes are interested. Per usual EVH is blown out of his gord.

Great post, get that vid bro!!!!:D

CROWBAR
01-02-2005, 01:14 PM
Thanx for that review! Sounds like a killer time was had!

academic punk
01-02-2005, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by spmusicplyr

you're asking a GERMAN to draw Hitler moustaches???!!?

...shhhheeeeeeeessshhh...do it yourself. But I, for one, would prefer if you didn't.

DavidLeeNatra
01-02-2005, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by academic punk
you're asking a GERMAN to draw Hitler moustaches???!!?

...shhhheeeeeeeessshhh...do it yourself. But I, for one, would prefer if you didn't.

so do I, bro...

classicdude
01-02-2005, 07:50 PM
Was that the same Japanese guy he had on tour about a year ago? I want to say it was "Toshi" something-or-other? Dude shredded like crazy. Nice post, rochesterdr! :cool:

DavidLeeNatra
01-02-2005, 07:53 PM
yes, it's toshi...

conyo
01-02-2005, 08:48 PM
Will post reply in the next day or so. I have some sucky pictures and a few interesting stories.

evans5150
01-02-2005, 08:54 PM
Word. Would have liked to have been there.

IWASTHERENYE04
01-02-2005, 09:16 PM
This is my first post here as well and as you can see by my name i was there for the nye show and i have great close up pics chugging some jack sprying it on people like he's peeing, doing the robot and wearing some ski goggles man he rocks all the time i wish he didnt cancell he's orlando visit last year but this show def made up for it. if u want some pics my e-mail is thaghettoromeo@aol.com

academic punk
01-02-2005, 09:32 PM
so do I, bro...

Hey, Natra, what is it like for you as a German and your people's history?

Most germans I know (and people of German descent) would just as soon disown that part of their nations (and nationalities) legacy, and don't relate to it one iota. BY the same token, you can still meet plenty of people who have serial number tattoos on their forearms.

Is this something that you ever discuss? or would ever? I don't mean to offend you (I don't think I am), but when you encounter this sort of stuff (someone asking you to draw itler mousetaches for them), how do you react on a gut level to it?

tomballin
01-02-2005, 09:56 PM
New Year’s Eve Party with David Lee Roth & Band
Universal Orlando Resort - CityWalk
December 31, 2004

Attendance: No Official Count by Park, however place was jammed packed.

Rating: A/A+

Set List:

1. Hot For Teacher
2. Mean
3. Just like Paradise
4. Runnin with the Devil
5. Eruption
6. You Really Got Me – Long Version
7. California Girls
8. Somebody Get Me a Doctor
9. I Don't Need No Doctor
………...(Non-VH ’72 tune, covered by a number of bands over the years.
………....Humble Pie did a great version of this song many years ago, of course so did
…………..Diamond Dave and his Band 12/31/04)
10. Everybody Wants Some
11. Unchained
…………..(Played to usher in the New Years, right after the countdown)
12. And the Cradle Will Rock
…………..(Park fireworks were still going off)
13. Just a Gigolo
14. Goin Crazy
15. Shoo Bop.
16. Panama
17. Dance the Night Away
18. Yankee Rose
19. Ice Cream Man
20. Ain't Talkin Bout Love

Encore:

21. Jump

-------------

Note: Professional and Amateur Video-Audio made of the full DLR New Years performance.

------------

2004 New Years Eve Entertainment Events – Orlando, Fl.
Source: Orlando Sentinel

Among the name acts in town for the Eve are:

1. David Lee Roth at Universal City Walk
2. Godsmack at Hard Rock Live,
3. Cheap Trick at Disney's Pleasure Island,
4. Alter Bridge at House of Blues
5. Comedian Billy Gardell at Bonkerz in Altamonte Springs.

01.02.05-18:34 EST

spmusicplyr
01-03-2005, 02:31 AM
yes, it's toshi...

i think toshis first show with dlr was house of blues at disneyland, CA in june of '03, and i was there, front row, motherfucker! haha :) im only messin around, but i was there...and i had jack daniels all over myself.

IWASTHERENYE04
01-03-2005, 10:45 AM
my pics from the show will be scanned and posted today

Carmine
01-03-2005, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by IWASTHERENYE04
my pics from the show will be scanned and posted today

I emailed you bro....:cool:

DR CHIP
01-03-2005, 11:01 AM
Alright....front row, plenty of pictures, and an honest review....

I paid for four people to go with me to the New Year's show (none had ever seen DLR live) and this is the God's honest review...

1. All the people I took with me had a great time. They all said without question that they became Dave fans. Dave rocked.

2. Dave is getting older and the kicks and the show are a little less each time I see him, but he still is the greatest front man ever in my opinion. I am by no way insinuating that show didn't rock...just age does get all of us at one time or the other. I also noticed that Dave didn't look to be in the shape he was last time I saw him. Just a simple point he is starting to show some signs of wear and tear.

3. His voice was really good. He doesn't get the high note very often, but he does justice to the songs and at this point that is definitely enough.

4. The crowd was I am guessing about 1,500 people maybe 2,000. It was the least "into" Dave crowd I have been a part of, with the exception of the front row. We were maniacs! No girls on top of guys, shirts off, etc. A very subdued crowd.

5. I got a Brian Young pick and a Ray Luzier drum stick out of the night and that was cool.

6. Dave played Going Crazy and I hadn't heard that live since the EEAS tour. He played all the classics. I do have to admit his band is very good, although Toshi looks out of place up there and I am not sure he is really needed.

7. All in all it was a fantastic concert and a GREAT way to bring in the New Year. I guess you really start to realize you are getting older when you see your teenage heros in your thirties!

And last, for all the people that say Dave is washed up - You are wrong

For all the people that say Dave has lost his voice - you are wrong

For all the people that say Sammy is even close to Dave - you are wrong

David Lee Roth is the GREATEST front man to EVER take the stage and at 50 he still blows away all the competition....peace

Northern Girl
01-03-2005, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Carmine Raguzza.
I emailed you bro....:cool:

I beat ya to it. But I will post them for everyone.

Carmine
01-03-2005, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Northern Girl
I beat ya to it. But I will post them for everyone.

Sure, hook the HOT chick up first! Post away, I cant wait....

guwapo_rocker
01-03-2005, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by DR CHIP

David Lee Roth is the GREATEST front man to EVER take the stage and at 50 he still blows away all the competition....peace

Amen Brother!!:D

lms2
01-03-2005, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by conyo
Will post reply in the next day or so. I have some sucky pictures and a few interesting stories.

Hopefully there will be some good pictures posted here shortly as well.. but can't wait to hear the interesting stories!

Switch84
01-03-2005, 04:25 PM
:D Happy 2005, Rothaholics!!! I'm glad Davy Baby showed up and put on a helluva show! Now, do us unlucky ones that missed it a favor and POST SOME PICS, GOSH DAMN IT!!!!!!

ROFLMMFAOBT!

aesop
01-03-2005, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Switch84
:D Happy 2005, Rothaholics!!! I'm glad Davy Baby showed up and put on a helluva show! Now, do us unlucky ones that mised it a favor and POST SOME PICS, GOSH DAMN IT!!!!!!

ROFLMMFAOBT!

Hey Switchy! Long time, no post, eh?

Carmine
01-03-2005, 04:31 PM
Switchee! back from the holiday hiatus? How the new job? That you pm ing me? Yep....cool!

Switch84
01-03-2005, 04:46 PM
:bottle: :lol: :killer: LOL! I spent the last moments of 2004 pissin' and partying, y'all! Work was hectic, but fun. Now I'm ready to start another adventure.

I'm glad someone made it to see Davy Baby in Orlando! Too bad noone got pics of him naked.......I guess it's up to me to make that happen.

SWITCY'S NAKED DAVY BABY QUEST FOR THE '05!!!!!!!!!!!

ROFLMMFAOBT!

Nickdfresh
01-03-2005, 04:47 PM
:bottle: :lol: :killer: LOL! I spent the last moments of 2004 pissin' and partying, y'all! Work was hectic, but fun. Now I'm ready to start another adventure.

I'm glad someone made it to see Davy Baby in Orlando! Too bad noone got pics of him naked.......I guess it's up to me to make that happen.

SWITCY'S NAKED DAVY BABY QUEST FOR THE '05!!!!!!!!!!!

ROFLMMFAOBT!

Welcome back Switch! I did miss you actually!

Switch84
01-03-2005, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Welcome back Switch! I did miss you actually!

:p I KNOW you did, Darling Nikki! I missed a Tsunami's worth of political warring with ya!

SMOOCHES!!!!!! :D

Nickdfresh
01-03-2005, 08:55 PM
:p I KNOW you did, Darling Nikki! I missed a Tsunami's worth of political warring with ya!

SMOOCHES!!!!!! :D
Muhuhawhawhawhawhawhaw...;) :spank:

bru87tr
01-03-2005, 09:15 PM
pics....pics

Northern Girl
01-04-2005, 08:24 AM
I only got one pic so far from IWASTHERENYE04. He's having scanner problems. I'll post more if I get them.

Northern Girl
01-04-2005, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by IWASTHERENYE04
chugging some jack spraying it on people like he's peeing

Yeah, peeing! heh heh

Ah, the young and innocent. So sweet!

Jim Rome
01-04-2005, 12:10 PM
I was there clones and a stellar performance by Dave reminding us all that he's the only memorable factor that was Van Halen.

DavidLeeNatra
01-04-2005, 08:09 PM
WTF...it's four days after the fact and all we got are some shaky-cell-phone pics??? COME ON GUYS ! ! !

lms2
01-04-2005, 09:56 PM
Personally, I think Dave needs to update his site and post some pics and thoughts from the three shows as well as some plans for the new year!

Panamark
01-05-2005, 04:22 AM
Shaky cell phone pics are fine ! Just drink more, they start to focus, kinda like those 3D pics you have to alter your focus to see...

ZahZoo
01-05-2005, 05:56 PM
I'm starting to think the only people who attended this show were the photographically impaired... yet to see any good shots...

IWASTHERENYE04
01-05-2005, 08:22 PM
I'm working on it and there not cell phone pics im getting the pics on c./d to give to northern girl calm down. dont be mad because i was at the show and you weren't

tomballin
01-06-2005, 06:07 AM
Here you go, a steamy little video clip from Dave's New Year's Party at Universal CityWalk in Orlando, 12/31/04

"Click Here" (http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=dlr04nypr512&width=640)

Act fast, I'm sure the hosting site will not appreciate this "little jewel" and will delete the vid...Peace.

Note: Requires Real Media Player 9, and this hosts server can be very slow. - Enjoy

DavidLeeNatra
01-06-2005, 06:15 AM
holy shit!!! great video :D

fenway5150
01-06-2005, 08:35 PM
Some old slut was dancing with me and smelling like liquor and I told her not to puke on me and she flipped script and got beligerant quickl like.

Now that's rock and roll......seriously, though. Nice review bro. Dave is, indeed, THE MAN.

tomballin
01-07-2005, 02:44 AM
Well as predicted, my steamy little DRL 04 New Year’s video got shit canned. I’ll pony up, find a host, and get the whole video linked. Give me some time.

http://img106.exs.cx/img106/3584/putfiledlrvid1ph.jpg

But, as Dave says……..

“That’s Life”

Left Click to Play Video/Right Click to Dload (mms://wm.rhino.com/a/b/c/MusicVideos/DavidLeeRoth/David_Lee_Roth_Thats_Life_323.wmv)

Requirements:
Windows Media Player 9
Broadband Connection
Video Resolution: 300Kbps

Comment: I’ve always liked this DLR video…Peace

DavidLeeNatra
01-07-2005, 04:43 AM
pure dave...long time not seen....

83USFESTIVAL
01-07-2005, 01:19 PM
i am new at trying to upload pics but will do my best

83USFESTIVAL
01-07-2005, 01:21 PM
unchained

DavidLeeNatra
01-07-2005, 05:12 PM
thanx...funny !!!

Northern Girl
01-07-2005, 06:19 PM
1. Photo courtesy of IWASTHERENYE04

Northern Girl
01-07-2005, 06:21 PM
2. Photo courtesy of IWASTHERENYE04

Northern Girl
01-07-2005, 06:25 PM
3. Photo courtesy of IWASTHERENYE04

Northern Girl
01-07-2005, 06:26 PM
4. Photo courtesy of IWASTHERENYE04

DavidLeeNatra
01-07-2005, 06:28 PM
keep them coming NG !!!

VHII
01-08-2005, 04:08 PM
is Dave gonna tour the US anytime soon?

Northern Girl
01-08-2005, 11:09 PM
5. Photo courtesy of IWASTHERENYE04.

Northern Girl
01-08-2005, 11:11 PM
6. Photo courtesy of IWASTHERENYE04.

Northern Girl
01-08-2005, 11:12 PM
7. Photo courtesy of IWASTHERENYE04.

Northern Girl
01-08-2005, 11:14 PM
8. Photo courtesy of IWASTHERENYE04.

Northern Girl
01-08-2005, 11:15 PM
Great pics, Romeo. Thanks.

llzhongguo
01-09-2005, 06:02 AM
It's great to read that the one and only vocalist for one of my favorite groups is still showing the rest of the rock and roll world that when it comes to Van Halen the only real Van Halen was when Diamond David Lee Roth was singing for them. Thank you for the review of his new years party/concert. Long Live Dave!

tydhurst
01-09-2005, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by llzhongguo
It's great to read that the one and only vocalist for one of my favorite groups is still showing the rest of the rock and roll world that when it comes to Van Halen the only real Van Halen was when Diamond David Lee Roth was singing for them. Thank you for the review of his new years party/concert. Long Live Dave!

Amen Brother, Or Sister!

dusty825
01-11-2005, 02:54 PM
There was no magic there, DLR isn't nothing more than a VH cover band now.
I mean the original line up was great. When they first started out they where hungry with something to prove and it showed, but then Dave wanted to be a Vegas act instead of a rock god.
Van Halens first couple albums with Sammy where good because he was trying to prove they could make it without Dave.
The only way a reunion could work with Dave is if he quits trying to act like Wayne Newton ( Diamond David Lee Roth ), and more like David Lee Roth from Van Halen 1..
Just my opinon..
I saw the show too, it is good to hear him sing the classics, it's just the shame that's all there is left.

tomballin
01-11-2005, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by dusty825
There was no magic there, DLR isn't nothing more than a VH cover band now.
I mean the original line up was great. When they first started out they where hungry with something to prove and it showed, but then Dave wanted to be a Vegas act instead of a rock god.
Van Halens first couple albums with Sammy where good because he was trying to prove they could make it without Dave.
The only way a reunion could work with Dave is if he quits trying to act like Wayne Newton ( Diamond David Lee Roth ), and more like David Lee Roth from Van Halen 1..
Just my opinon..
I saw the show too, it is good to hear him sing the classics, it's just the shame that's all there is left.

Try kissing this/these, you will feel better.

http://img130.exs.cx/img130/4258/dlrtovh2x1ga.jpg

tomballin
01-11-2005, 05:44 PM
[B]Try kissing this/these, you will feel better.

dusty825
01-11-2005, 08:54 PM
Like I said lost in the classics.. This isn't the 80"s any more..
Why would any hetrosexual male save pictures of Dave's ass ?

tomballin
01-11-2005, 08:58 PM
Like I said lost in the classics.. This isn't the 80"s any more..
Why would any hetrosexual male save pictures of Dave's ass ?

I don't have it saved ahole. I pulled it off the Yankee Rose video justtttttt for you.....Ok

Second, I saw Dave New Years and he was awesome! Ya know, a lot of us don't give a shite about the "new stuff", and love hearing Dave do the Van Roth classics and his EEAS days tune. Same goes for AC/DC and these other great "old fart" bands.

Also, ya know Dave is quite wealthy, he doesn't have to do shite. So I am glad when he gets out once and awhile, and puts on a great show for the fans.

Also, who give a shite what Dave is wearing, how high is kicks are, etc. He's not putting on a fucking style and gymnastic show, for peer ratings.

While I am venting, people make fun of Dave doing that marshal arts baton routine. I would like to see anyone on this forum pull that stunt off without hitting yourself in the balls, ripping your face off, or wiping out a couple of people in the front row.

That routine Dave does is extremely difficult, particular with the very long length of that baton. Dave has hurt himself bad a couple of times when he screwed up that stunt.

Aw, I feel better now. Nuff said.......Forget About It!!!

lms2
01-11-2005, 09:03 PM
Try kissing this/these, you will feel better.

As far as pictures of Dave's ass goes... IMO, that is not one of the better ones. :D

lms2
01-11-2005, 09:06 PM
Where is Switch when you need her? She has the bestest ones! But, this one ain't bad.

dusty825
01-11-2005, 09:21 PM
It's ok Tom we want tell anyone..............

tomballin
01-11-2005, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by lms2
As far as pictures of Dave's ass goes... IMO, that is not one of the better ones. :D

Baawaaaaaaa

Hey Ims2, the RA women, that I love each and every one, had a whole thread of Dave hunk shots, including lots of ass shots in the Picture Archive Bonanza, so let’s leave it there bro.

A bud and I are re-mastering all the Van Roth and DLR videos presently, (production vids, TV, and good bootlegs) ("lil' personal project") (don't know when it is going to be done or how many DVD's it is going to be) and that is the reason I am throwing all the cool pics out here at the RArmy, from the DLR-EEAS production vids, with my comments.

As to the Dave ass/nuts shot, etc. in the 1986 Yankee Rose video, I posted above, actually, I was pissed when Dave came back into the market with the EEAS Band, after the VH breakup, and Yankee Rose was his first video. I liked the video a lot , but thought it was too "over the top" on the "male domination/sex raunch" visual factor, and would alienate a critical part of his potential market. Secondly, Steve Vai looked like some drugged-out, slim, grease ball in that video.

A lot of music biz marketing guru's thought the same thing, and Roth’s video Yankee Rose would tank Dave's new career. However, all the Picasso Brothers and cool stuff in the video pulled his butt out of the fire. I have read several times that Warner Brothers (his label at that time) told Dave not to do a video like that again, if he valued his WB relationship. (I read a long time ago that Dave took some real shite over that video.)

Dave had his own production company at the time, with Pete, that he did the videos through, so WB didn’t have total control over him. However, look at the big difference in his first video Yankee Rose, and his second and third videos, off the EEAS album, Goin’ Crazy and then That’s Life.

tomballin
01-11-2005, 10:20 PM
It's ok Tom we want tell anyone..............

Ohhhhhhh, our lips are so closeeeeeee

tomballin
01-18-2005, 11:04 AM
Some pics need no further comment. DLR-Orlando 12.31.04

tomballin
01-18-2005, 02:23 PM
DLR-Orlando 12.31.04

"Dave cannot kick like he used to". Comments from several R.A. brothers and sisters.

Looks like the 'ol man does well to me. Any 50 y.o. R.A. members have their current pics that can beat Dave?

tomballin
01-18-2005, 02:24 PM
4527347wsh3463834idx-fuk_u

lms2
01-18-2005, 04:16 PM
Baawaaaaaaa

Hey Ims2, the RA women, that I love each and every one, had a whole thread of Dave hunk shots, including lots of ass shots in the Picture Archive Bonanza, so let’s leave it there bro.

I am familiar with that thread... and don't call me bro.

Ah hell, you can call me bro, just keep the pics coming!

And for the record... I love the video to Night Life. ;)

tomballin
01-18-2005, 05:18 PM

You're a stone cold grove my mannn, and an asset to the masses!

* * Click Here * * (http://jfindley.smugmug.com/gallery/353504)

for a great collection of 168 high quality resolution pics from the DLR New Years gig, courtesy of Jeff Findley. The guy is a great photographer, imo, AND a major league DLR supporter.

What is not so great is his host server is slowwwwww, and I am on a extremely fast broadband connection. Oh well, not complaining.

and hey

don't call me bro........bro!.

Big Troubles
01-18-2005, 05:20 PM

LOL Someone is calling you bro? Then man..? :D

Dan
01-18-2005, 05:28 PM
You're a stone cold grove my mannn, and an asset to the masses!

* * Click Here * * (http://jfindley.smugmug.com/gallery/353504)

for a great collection of 168 high quality resolution pics from the DLR New Years gig, courtesy of Jeff Findley. The guy is a great photographer, imo, AND a major league DLR supporter.

What is not so great is his host server is slowwwwww, and I am on a extremely fast broadband connection. Oh well, not complaining.

and hey

don't call me bro........bro!.

Thanks for the Pictures Tomballin.Roth on.

tomballin
01-18-2005, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Dan
Thanks for the Pictures Tomballin.Roth on.

I didn't do anything, but pick his best pics, imo, and rework/crop them for our steamy little tread. Only reason I am doing that is his server is so slow, if I am having problems on my monster broadband connection, a lot of R.A. members will not be able to access his pic library. Hell, I didn't even take a camera to the DLR New Years gig, had too many other things going on that night, if you catch my drift.

I got the video in for the gig, but it looks pretty bad. The guy screwed up the camera settings it looks like. I looked at the videos that Jeff and Albert shot, and some are Ok, but the sound totally sucks on all the vids. If I cannot find out who was on those pro-shot cameras at the New Years gig, I probably will take the best of both sets of videos and do a cut and splice game before re-digiziting them, reworking the entire "master", then running a good quality sound track onto it, I hope, lol.

tomballin
01-18-2005, 06:19 PM
6573ey34-456

tomballin
01-18-2005, 06:20 PM
Reminds me, is Martha Stewart still in jail?

tomballin
01-18-2005, 06:26 PM
"Now Brian, don't piss Dave off with anymore "ol' man going color blind" jokes, we got a smokin show to do."

tomballin
01-18-2005, 06:28 PM

tomballin
01-18-2005, 06:31 PM
Nice case and graphic layout work. Ummmm, must be planning a big tour with those kind of babies everywhere for the gear.

tomballin
01-19-2005, 05:15 AM
DLR New Years Bash - Video Clips
City Walk, Universal Resorts
Orlando, Florida
December 31, 2004

-----------------

Tomballin says:

Ok crew, after some technical difficulties, here are some amateur/hand-held camera video clips of the “Big Show”
(1 of 2 different amateur videos taken at the concert, in addition to pro-shot cameras)

The clips are general good quality (240 Kbps Res/*.mpg format), small frame size, and the file size keep/cut as small as possible to assist in downloading for everyone.
(I have full screen 1024X768 / 2100Kbps resolution, in file, of these clips, 868.4 MB total download)

As I said in my posted review and other comments, this was a great kick ass gig. Damn everyone had a great time (at least in my Crue…hell took me two weeks to recover from that "hot party time" weekend, LOL)! If you couldn’t make this great gig, be sure and catch DLR on Tour in 05.

Also, please note, these are just amateur videos to give you an idea of the event. They are NOTHING as to sound quality and how great this show was live,.......and music (and women) is something I don't ever bullshit about.

Right Click "Here" to Download
(Best to use a download accelerator software application)

Hot For Teacher - 11.7 MB
Here (http://www.albertr.com/VHDLR/videos/2004-12-31/037A%20Hot%20For%20Teacher,%2011MB.mpg)

Just Like Paradise - 7.2 MB
Here (http://www.albertr.com/VHDLR/videos/2004-12-31/037B%20Just%20Like%20Paradise,%207MB.mpg)

Intro to You Really Got Me - 6.2 MB
Here (http://www.albertr.com/VHDLR/videos/2004-12-31/038A%20guitar%20solo,%206MB.mpg)

End of YRGM, Rap & Jam - 7.3 MB
Here (http://www.albertr.com/VHDLR/videos/2004-12-31/038B%20band%20jam,%207MB.mpg)

Band Intros and Dave Rap – 14.0 MB
Here (http://www.albertr.com/VHDLR/videos/2004-12-31/038C%20band%20intros,%2014MB.mpg)
……DLR: Ladies and Gentlemen as many of you know we are on heightened alert tonight, (DLR looks down at chick in front row)…knock it off you slut

California Girls -7.9 MB
Here (http://www.albertr.com/VHDLR/videos/2004-12-31/039%20California%20Girls,%208MB.mpg)

End of the First Set, Right Before New Years CountDown – 3.3 MB
Here (http://www.albertr.com/VHDLR/videos/2004-12-31/106%20end%20of%20first%20set,%203MB.mpg)
(Universal had someone else do the countdown which sucked. DLR did it last year at the House of Blues and it was great. Don’t know what was up with this 04 situation, specially when DLR comes back out immediately after the countdown. Maybe it was planned and DLR needed a quick, “pause for the cause” break)

Countdown and DLR comes back out – 3.3 MB
Here (http://www.albertr.com/VHDLR/videos/2004-12-31/107A%20New%20Years%20countdown,%203MB.mpg)

UnChained – 5.8 MB
(Played to usher in the New Years, right after the countdown)
Here (http://www.albertr.com/VHDLR/videos/2004-12-31/107B%20Unchained,%205MB.mpg)

And the Cradle will Rock – 7.4 MB
(Park fireworks still going off…..Two great Van Roth songs to kick off the 05 New Year!)
Here (http://www.albertr.com/VHDLR/videos/2004-12-31/107C%20And%20the%20Cradle%20Will%20Rock,%207MB.mpg )

Just a Gigolo – 3.2 MB
Here (http://www.albertr.com/VHDLR/videos/2004-12-31/108%20Just%20a%20Giggalo,%203MB.mpg)

Goin Crazy – 4.3 MB
Here (http://www.albertr.com/VHDLR/videos/2004-12-31/109%20Going%20Crazy,%204MB.mpg)

Shoo Bop - 7.1 MB
Here (http://www.albertr.com/VHDLR/videos/2004-12-31/110%20Shoo%20Bop,%207MB.mpg)

SetList
New Year’s Eve Party with David Lee Roth
Universal Orlando Resort – City Walk
December 31, 2004

Attendance: No Official Count by Park, however place was packed.

1. Hot For Teacher
2. Mean
3. Just like Paradise,
4. Runnin with the Devil
5. Eruption
6. You Really Got Me – Long Version
7. California Girls,
8. Somebody Get Me a Doctor
9. I Don't Need No Doctor
………...( Non-VH ’72 tune, covered by a number of bands over the years.
………....Humble Pie did a great version of this song many years ago, of course so did
…………..Diamond Dave and his band 12/31/04)
10. Everybody Wants Some
11. Unchained
…………..(Played to usher in the New Years, right after the countdown)
12. And the Cradle Will Rock
…………..(Park fireworks were still going off)
13. Just a Gigolo,
14. Goin Crazy
15. Shoo Bop.
16. Panama
17. Dance the Nite Away
18. Yankee Rose
19. Ice Cream Man
20. Ain't Talkin Bout Love
Encore:
21. Jump

Video Clips Complements and
© 2005, “The Mighty, All-Knowing, All-Seeing AlbertR”

tomballin
01-19-2005, 05:34 AM
The New and Improved Van Roth in 05

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=348240

Cato
01-19-2005, 06:09 AM
SUPEEEEEEEERB! thanks for sharing!

tomballin
01-19-2005, 07:29 AM
Said this before, and I will say it again. Brian Young is an outstanding guitarist, both as to technical ability, “feel for the strings”, and sound.

He was better on New Years, than when I saw Eddie V, August 04, sitting 20 feet from where he was playing. If I had to pick between the two again, no question, as a musician (and part-time party animal, lol) I would rather go see Brian play, and I have been a big Eddie V fan (and “study student”) for many years.

Also to Brian's credit,......he sure attracts the hot chicks......lots of hot chicks. My kinda of guy to hang around, lol!

tomballin
01-19-2005, 07:34 AM
234r24214

tomballin
01-19-2005, 07:36 AM
34523jdx

Cato
01-19-2005, 07:41 AM
hum..Albert..did he film the show?

tomballin
01-19-2005, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Cato
hum..Albert..did he film the show?

My biz partner read he and Jeff were going to be at the gig, but in the past, his DLR live vid clips have been such crap, I don’t even check with the guy. Lots of Albert’s DLR vids are so bad, shite why did he even bother. Looks like Santa must have brought him a new video camera for Christmas, for sure.

allenb
01-19-2005, 08:43 AM
Yep, another 'real massive' vh/dlr fan eh?.......................'some japanese dude on guitar, and i forgot the drummers name'

DavidLeeNatra
01-19-2005, 09:20 AM
My biz partner read he and Jeff were going to be at the gig, but in the past, his DLR live vid clips have been such crap, I don’t even check with the guy. Lots of Albert’s DLR vids are so bad, shite why did he even bother. Looks like Santa must have brought him a new video camera for Christmas, for sure.

so thanx santa and thanx for sharing !!!

tomballin
01-19-2005, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by allenb
Yep, another 'real massive' vh/dlr fan eh?.......................'some japanese dude on guitar, and i forgot the drummers name'

Welcome to rotharmy dude, and

oh

fuck you dumbass!

tomballin
01-19-2005, 10:00 AM
so thanx santa and thanx for sharing !!!

I have the full raw video from another source, and am still looking for the pro-shot of that gig..

DavidLeeNatra
01-19-2005, 04:04 PM
I have the full raw video from another source, and am still looking for the pro-shot of that gig..

I'll show it at NATRA'S on the big screen ;)

tomballin
01-19-2005, 07:43 PM
I say if Dave is not going to put out a hot DVD of his live shows, interviews, etc. we do it on our own,.........of course discreetly and only high quality.

lms2
01-19-2005, 07:53 PM
Also to Brian's credit,......he sure attracts the hot chicks......lots of hot chicks. My kinda of guy to hang around, lol!

I thought Dave attracted the hot chicks?

superdave
01-19-2005, 08:13 PM
Great pics...and as for you idiots who criticize Dave, don't you think that your criticism should be saved for the other 3 guys who once made up the world's GREATEST rock and roll band with Dave? Does anyone happen to have a setlist from the New Years Eve show??

tomballin
01-19-2005, 08:17 PM
>>>I thought Dave attracted the hot chicks?

Dave's Batman and Brian is Robin

This chick at the gig asked me what was the one thing I really liked about Dave. I thought a minute, (best I could in my state at the time, lol) and said it was Dave's cocksure persona.

Diamond just has this presence and aire that no other frontman has. The guy can walk in the room and doesn't have to say anything for everybody to know he is there.

Didn't realize it at the time, but my response to her ended up being the "big score after the show" payday answer. Holy bocce balls!

lms2
01-19-2005, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by superdave
Does anyone happen to have a setlist from the New Years Eve show??

Did you read this thread? Look up a couple of posts. ;)

rustoffa
01-19-2005, 08:23 PM
Thanks tomballin!

Cato
01-20-2005, 06:07 AM
So...........how can I get the whole show on DVD huhhhhhh?

tomballin
01-20-2005, 02:21 PM
So...........how can I get the whole show on DVD huhhhhhh?

well this chick wrote me and said she would blow me for a DVD copy, so I guess that is the current “bid” in this unannounced and unplanned “blind auction”, baawaa!

Jano
01-24-2005, 10:59 AM
Merci beaucoup,thank you fucking much Tomballin for the pics and the video!
what a way to start the new year!!!!

tomballin
01-24-2005, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Jano
Merci beaucoup,thank you fucking much Tomballin for the pics and the video!
what a way to start the new year!!!!

Vous ętes bienvenu mon ami

Just the messenger. Producing a tasty video of the DLR 04 New Year's Show to post on R.A., be done in two weeks.

Roth Sur Frčre

Jano
01-25-2005, 08:53 AM
Vous ętes bienvenu mon ami

Just the messenger. Producing a tasty video of the DLR 04 New Year's Show to post on R.A., be done in two weeks.

Roth Sur Frčre
Looking forward for the video,mon ami!!!:ssmile:

tomballin
01-29-2005, 07:17 PM
Now David, I am not going to stop twisting your balls, until you promise that you will tour this year for your devoted fans. Do you understand me? - Mary Lou Henner

AlbertR
02-03-2005, 02:51 AM

yeah, the audio on my Kodak camera was something awful, but i'm quite satisfied with my newer Minolta ...

please note that the video clips I've shared on my website have been highly compressed for bandwidth purposes... the original files look and sound a little better...

I would LOVE to get more video from the New Years Eve show, even if it is from audience sources, to help compile a halfway decent video for all of us to enjoy...

please send a private email to albertr@albertr.com if you can help me out with New Years Eve video or audio.... and please do not PM me, as I rarely have to time to check the message boards

also, I am not too happy with the direct download links to my video clips, it would be nicer if someone mentioned the links were at vhdlr.albertr.com so people could see the proper credits...

same applies for the pictures Jeff and I took at the show... when you post a picture here without any mention of where you got it from or who took it, it appears to others like you took it, which does not seem all that fair...

okay, enough of my rant...

thanks,

Albert R.
http://vhdlr.albertr.com

tomballin
02-03-2005, 04:32 AM
Hey Albert:

I got another full video of the show to share with ya, been meaning to email ya for two weeks on the deal to make a private DVD of the show I have been working on with proper credits. Was waiting until I found the third pro-shot video of the show. Will email ya tomorrow on the details, and where I/we are at in mastering the DLR Orlando show.

Also, you were given credits guy on your videos posted here. It's on the thread. Also Jeff Findley was given credits on the awesome photos from the show. You guys both did a fantastic job.

Thanks for the post

Roth On

Cato
02-04-2005, 06:35 AM
Hummm........

Cato
02-04-2005, 06:35 AM
hello albert.

tomballin
02-04-2005, 06:47 PM
baaawaaa

AlbertR
02-06-2005, 03:35 AM
hello albert.

hello cato

AlbertR
02-06-2005, 03:50 AM
baaawaaa

hey, did you get my private email reply to your email?

you might check your spam folder as sometimes my stuff gets filtered there if you didn't notice my reply a few days ago

BTW, I'm not sure if anywhere in this long thread if links were provided to the websites by Jeff or me where those original pictures & video clips were taken from... that is what I meant by proper credit

vhdlr.albertr.com (http://vhdlr.albertr.com)

tomballin
02-06-2005, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by AlbertR
hey, did you get my private email reply to your email? you might check your spam folder as sometimes my stuff gets filtered there if you didn't notice my reply a few days ago. BTW, I'm not sure if anywhere in this long thread if links were provided to the websites by Jeff or me where those original pictures & video clips were taken from... that is what I meant by proper credit

Haven't checked my emails the last couple of days. Will do, and get with you, thanks.

-----------

????

albertr@albertr.com
www.AlbertR.com/VHDLR

also a reference back post #6

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15423&highlight=New+Years+Orlando

----------

I posted somewhere up there and on another show review thread, I will find them, that "SmugMug" Jeff Findley had shot the pictures and did a great job and had like 160 pics on his site. I also posted it in my personal review of the show, and received 15 PM's on the subject and referenced them to Jeff's site to check out all his awesome pics, and to your site.

Also specifically PM'd Cato on the vid/pics source after he saw the 2005 (c) AlbertR I had placed on the video links thread I posted, and he PM'd me wanting to know if you had any more clips, and said he would email you directly.

Further Albert, I guess you understand that Jeff's website is awesome, but extremely slow. I had problems accessing the pics and I am on a 9,000 Kbps dedicated fiber optics line. A large # of our members are on 56 Kbps dialup connections, some living 8-12,000 miles away, and Jeff's site was impossible to view his awesome DLR pics. Just passing this along.

--------------

Fantastic you got a new video cam. Congrats! Major improvement, over previous vids, many of which were unwatchable. You do so many DLR shows my biz partner said he would lend you a small pro shot camera so you could shoot some great vids to share with other DLR fans. Looks like your new video cam does a good job however.

Be Well...Peace

tomballin
02-09-2005, 05:50 PM
Another "don't miss", only on Dave TV, video clip from the big DLR New's Concert in Orlando, 12/31/04

* Here * (http://s5.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1SKLDNBH4L57P1ODIP1WAVBU0E)

Dave's PA Rental
02-16-2005, 04:02 PM
Almost a week, no new posts...bye bye

IWASTHERENYE04
02-16-2005, 06:46 PM
that clip sucked

pablo
02-26-2005, 12:01 PM
Where is the new years eve full video? Did you guys give up ,or is it in the making?

AlbertR
05-11-2005, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by pablo
Where is the new years eve full video? Did you guys give up ,or is it in the making?

I'm waiting to hear back from tomballin regarding his project to compile a DLR NYE Orlando video.

Nickdfresh
05-11-2005, 07:01 PM
I'm waiting to hear back from tomballin regarding his project to compile a DLR NYE Orlando video.

I think the guy was a bit of a flake; I wouldn't wait much longer nor hold my breath.

rochesterdr
05-11-2005, 10:40 PM
I wonder whatever happened to all the footage from the cameraman at the show. This guy was filming the whole thing from start to finish, he obviously worked for either Universal or Dave or someone who calls shots somewhere. If you can find out what the scoop is on that guy, then there's your video.

Cato
05-12-2005, 08:06 AM
albert, can you please tell me secretly who tomballin is?

long time no talk btw.

AlbertR
05-12-2005, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
I think the guy was a bit of a flake; I wouldn't wait much longer nor hold my breath.

I haven't been holding my breath.

At nearly every DLR show I've attended there has been at least 1 professional video camera person, for either the projection screens, for in-house feeds, or for other projects. It is very rare that those kind of things ever get leaked out (in-house videos from Camden are an exception, not the rule). I hold no hope that most pro-shots will get circulated.

However, at this New Years show, it was camera friendly because it was an outdoor thing held among other Universal City Walk establishments. Many people had still cameras and amateur video cameras.

This tomballin guy claimed to have received one of these amateur videos, was unhappy with the quality, and was waiting to see about getting others, and unfortunately he seemed to be holding out for one of the pro-shot videos to create a fan project.

I agree, he seems like a flake, as repeated attempts to contact him went unanswered, and this entire process has been quite frustrating. I am sure something decent could be put together to show the DLR fans what they missed at the special show, so maybe footage will turn up some time.