PDA

View Full Version : Bobw

rochesterdr
01-01-2005, 02:40 PM
Look, i am sure this has been discussed a lot here, but I'm gonna bring it up anyway because of the magnitude of these crimes against humanity. After the show last night I played the ipod that has BOBW on it and I was looking for all the dave hits. So I played Panama and a few others, only to be overcome with nausea after a few seconds. What the fuck is Sammy doing singing the bigges VH hits live? That's bad enough, but to fucking put those songs on your greatest hits album is a slap in the face to all of the people who dig the early VH. I'm sure Dave could give a shit about this insult, but this is like religion for millions of people and you can't just do shit like that. What the fuck? I place Eddie and his brother right up there with Al Qaeda as the biggest shitheads of 2004.

Northern Girl
01-01-2005, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by rochesterdr
What the fuck is Sammy doing singing the bigges VH hits live? That's bad enough, but to fucking put those songs on your greatest hits album is a slap in the face to all of the people who dig the early VH.

That's a mystery we may never be able to explain. Sam's a puppet. Who knows for sure who was behind that garbage. It's repulsive, IMO.

Terry
01-01-2005, 11:17 PM
BOBW -

Not really sure who instigated this release - the band, record company, etc. One look at the song selection and I didn't care to find out, either.

Would have to imagine the majority of people who bought it were hardcore Eddie Grunts, which encompasses those who buy any record with a Van Halen logo on it, and only to get to the three new songs. Why else would anyone buy it? Any serious fan of whatever era(s) would already have the tracks, or have no use for half of them. Priced too high for a casual listener.

It's in the record companies interest to link all the Van Halen lineups. Larger sales base. The same as it's in Van Halens interest to pretend that the band ultimately begins and ends with Eddie, Alex and (to a lesser extent) Mike. Not even a case of bait and switch or a shell game. Just an attempt to expand the historical perception of Ed and Al's control, asserted in 1985 once Roth and the classic Van Halen management departed, to supposedly include pre-Van Hagar activities.

There are still plenty around that remember when it wasn't always that way. Van Hagar's attitude of denial towards classic Van Halen and the classic fans (while simultaneously professing that Van Hagar was still essentially Van Halen), understandable in the mid 1980s, is just a bunch of repetitive, mundane static that serves no purpose now that the band is a shell of its former self (regardless of comparsions to ANY era - it took the 2004 version to make one almost wistful for Van Halen 3.........almost).

Warner Brothers, like any corporation, is concerned with the bottom line. Eddie is the biggest letdown of the whole business. Mike and Alex filled their roles well in the classic lineup, but they were never the focus so it wasn't a heartbreak to find out they were a couple of snivelling toadies. Hagar was always a non-talent, so his disparages concerning Dave were always more comical than infuriating. But Eddie.......man, the guitar playing was what turned me onto the band in the first place. No denying his talent back in the day, but to think that the guy who was a key inspiration to me turned out to be a major-league asshole who, even worse, squandered away his talent.............ugh. Far worse than the forgettable BOBW.

scottydabodi
01-01-2005, 11:58 PM
I'm not real sure why you got that "BOBW" crap in your ipod to begin with... say 3 "Heil Mr.Badguy"'s, buy "DLR Band", and drink a fifth of Jack to repent...

hot for david
01-02-2005, 12:39 AM
i can't expect more for those 3 piece of shit ( eddie, alex n' michael a.) , spammy doesn't matter for me , but yes i think too than that is a blasphemy for all the real vh fans and also for the great music they used to do with diamond dave , that really is disapointin' what one of the best bands ever doin' that poor idiots ...

rochesterdr
01-02-2005, 12:43 AM
well, its on the ipod cuz it was free, but now that I think about it...that crap is taking up valuable hard drive space. I think I listened to the new songs once and I use the word songs loosely. A fucking disgrace.

redblkwht
01-02-2005, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by rochesterdr
well, its on the ipod cuz it was free, but now that I think about it...that crap is taking up valuable hard drive space. I think I listened to the new songs once and I use the word songs loosely. A fucking disgrace. And then some..good thread roch..
3 songs aint a one off? eh Ed? friggin hypocrite maximus.

Roguesgirl
01-10-2005, 08:47 AM
Sam and Ed are delusional, arrogant assholes.

Tiger Roth
01-11-2005, 12:39 AM
I agree, surely there were some classic live songs with Roth singing that they could've found. It doesn't make much sense to me. A pure waste of space.

sambo
01-11-2005, 12:45 AM
Absolute rubbish, it is a fckn ridiculous release...

3 options - get a copy of BOV1 - and delete Spam tracks..

or make your own Best of..

or just go out and buy the six pack, if you have not done so already..