PDA

View Full Version : What the fuck are we gonna do??

Alex Mogilny
01-02-2005, 01:14 AM
It was nearly 20 years ago today
dave told eddie he was tired of waiting to play
eddie got sammy to smoke his bong
now we want you all to sing along

it needs all the help it can get

let me introduce to you:

Fat Sammy and Eddie's marketing tequila, selling band.

It's been nearly 20 years folks......I believe the date was 4/1/85...no?

Anyways, kinda depressing......maybe I'll start hanging out at the Culture Club website, and hope for a reunion over there.

light 'em up!
01-02-2005, 01:20 AM
April 1, 2005 would make a great announcement date for a full-scale CVH reunion. But could Al handle it? And will Ed live that long?

MAX
01-02-2005, 01:24 AM
Let's all put our collective brain cells together (that's not saying much. lol) and write a tune to "Sgt. Peppers" cos it's so fitting. We have the main man Sarge and so let's fucking do it!!!

"It was tewnty years ago today and Dave taught the drunken dutchmen how to play........"

Carry on......

:gulp:

Let's also cum up with a title and plenty of photoshopping. This could be stellar. :)

Sarge's *insert band name here*

Roth On I say!!!!!

Nickdfresh
01-02-2005, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by light 'em up!
April 1, 2005 would make a great announcement date for a full-scale CVH reunion. But could Al handle it? And will Ed live that long?

March and April are when the tours are planned. Some leeway for hope.

Vivian Campbell
01-02-2005, 08:55 PM
I say we riot in the vicinity of 5150 until Al waves the white flag.

http://www.orangeukraine.squarespace.com/picture/IMG_7590.jpg?pictureId=102191

http://gopkorea.blogs.com/flyingyangban/fire_fire.jpg

Terry
01-02-2005, 09:01 PM
Hard to believe it's closing in on two decades.

What are we gonna do? Same as usual for me; keep digging the classic output and not bother worrying about a reunion. Too many rumors, false starts and near misses to get bothered about it anymore.

1996 was the best shot, and Ed and Al (true to form) found a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

LoungeMachine
01-02-2005, 09:05 PM
Sgt Pecker's Lonely Drunks Fat Band?

scottydabodi
01-02-2005, 09:13 PM
20 fuckin' YEARS?!??!!?? Holy fuck I'm old... seems like yesterday. By the way, Fuck AVH.

Viking
01-02-2005, 09:48 PM
Ain't gonna happen. Not for a few more years, anyway. Edwerird put out that Best Of rehash and made sure to shear the sheep on the ticket prices. He's set for alimony payments for a couple of more years.....

aesop
01-02-2005, 10:39 PM
Ed has much bigger problems right now than the reunion...

...like remembering where he lives...his name...what a guitar is...what the doctor meant by the terms 'jaundiced' and 'liver spots'...etc...

jojo2371
01-03-2005, 10:32 PM
u never know what could happen in 2005 ,when u least expect it,expect it but more than likely sammy will become the new spokesman for jenny craig ,while jenny craig sponsors van halen's next tour supporting a double live cd of sammy singin all roth era songs!!!!!!!!!!!

WACF
01-04-2005, 01:18 AM
Fuck.....20 years ago...amazing.

Just seems more and more unlikely that we will ever get the reunion we want.

Is Eddie even capable????