PDA

View Full Version : when push comes to shove-my spin

quinny
01-05-2005, 06:04 AM
Hello all you guys,
I do not post here, but I read all this shit nearly every day.
My question-why do a lot of you trash eddie van halen???
It is pretty clear he is so fucked up, his actions are not defendable. It is truly sad what has happened to this group of muso's(friends)
Money and greed have fucked them over to a state where they will never recover, DLR included. I love their sounds, their energy and charisma, but all this wanting of a reunion(with DLR) just makes me wonder if it is something that we dream about or something that we would actually appreciate. They are all in their 50's and can never be what we really want...ever. It is so sad, but it says more about life don't you think. Seize the opportunity and run...run for your fucking lives to make it happen. VH did this, and bottomed out in their prime-this is the true tragedy-not that they are having a reunion. I am less than keen on Hagar, but it has fuck all to do with him. Between the 4 VH boys, they screwed my fantasies-it hurts but life will always punish those who do not take full advantage of the gifts they are bestowed.
I am sad to see the bullshit that ed has created for himself-I remember in the mid 80's when I fronted a rock band-we played several VH covers, and my hero was DLR, like all you guys say...the master of ceremonies....and it all ended up in a pile of shyte.
Greed, money, power, influence and misconception........whatever.
All I know is-their time is done. They missed the boat......................................all of them. They are all past it and can never perform like we remember. Take your dreams to bed and hope you never wake-cause it hurts like hell to know we will never see or hear what we truly yearn for again...regardless of anything.....

Yours with VH passion

Quinny-Down under bread and hell bent

EbDawson
01-05-2005, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by quinny

It is pretty clear he is so fucked up, his actions are not defendable.

Maybe you answered your own question.

jojo2371
01-05-2005, 02:04 PM
well for one startin your day out 3 sheets to the wind kinda makes u an easy target ,prolly 1 of the main reasons we trash ed

Terry
01-05-2005, 05:29 PM
Primary reason for me - regardless of what comes out of Eddie's mouth (which is of secondary interest at best), it's what has/hasn't come outta Ed's guitar in the last 20 years that makes him trashworthy.

Really has little to do with Roth not being in the band (think now I like the IDEA of a reunion more than the reality of it - unlike 1996 when I was toally psyched). Has more to do with Ed and his musical direction. The man has done zip in terms of guitar technique/general musical content since Hagar joined in 1985 that hadn't already been done before, and better to these ears, from 1978-1984 (1974-1984 if you count bootlegs). Seems like Ed got a kick out of Jump going number one and decided top 40 poprock was the way to go. Even the "hard rock" Van Hagar tunes were derivative of the first lineup at best.

The man squandered away his talent due to his own self-induced laziness long before his hip replacement and tongue cancer were viable excuses. If he starts making music that turns me on again, regardless of who's fronting the band, I dig it. The fact that the music EVH made that got me off occurred when Dave was in the band is, I'm sure, purely coincidental.

BIG GOOSE
01-06-2005, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by quinny
Hello all you guys,
I do not post here, but I read all this shit nearly every day.
It is pretty clear he is so fucked up, his actions are not defendable. It is truly sad what has happened to this group of muso's(friends)
Money and greed have fucked them over to a state where they will never recover, DLR included. I love their sounds, their energy and charisma, but all this wanting of a reunion(with DLR) just makes me wonder if it is something that we dream about or something that we would actually appreciate. They are all in their 50's and can never be what we really want...ever. It is so sad, but it says more about life don't you think. Seize the opportunity and run...run for your fucking lives to make it happen. VH did this, and bottomed out in their prime-this is the true tragedy-not that they are having a reunion. I am less than keen on Hagar, but it has fuck all to do with him. Between the 4 VH boys, they screwed my fantasies-it hurts but life will always punish those who do not take full advantage of the gifts they are bestowed.
I am sad to see the bullshit that ed has created for himself-I remember in the mid 80's when I fronted a rock band-we played several VH covers, and my hero was DLR, like all you guys say...the master of ceremonies....and it all ended up in a pile of shyte.
Greed, money, power, influence and misconception........whatever.
All I know is-their time is done. They missed the boat......................................all of them. They are all past it and can never perform like we remember. Take your dreams to bed and hope you never wake-cause it hurts like hell to know we will never see or hear what we truly yearn for again...regardless of anything.....

Yours with VH passion

Quinny-Down under bread and hell bent

Coz he's a limpdick for not standing up to his retard cuntrag brother and he's a lying cunt.