PDA

View Full Version : Best of Both Worlds.... Was the title just a massive hint of things to come?

Don Corleone
01-05-2005, 02:45 PM
Now I've been thinking about this and it might be wrong and complete bullshit (or I might be right), but please listen to what I have to say first before deciding.

The album's title: Best of Both Worlds i.e. Dave and Spam, 2 different era's, is that just a hint? We've had to suffer a tour with Spam (on the 25th Anniversary), this in the sisters eyes would be World 1 of 2. The next big anniversary the 30th Anniversary. Now I wonder what could be planned for that year? Could it be the second, and concluding part of a "Best of Both Worlds tour" with Dave returning to the helm?

Spam's also spoken about "getting closure" from this tour, Alex has spoken bullshit as expected, and Dave has stayed quiet and got on with his own thing. Does he know something we don't?

Also the promoters have been paying a lot for this tour (the band were rumoured to be getting 700K a night), and they made a loss (as expected). What if the same promoters already had the contracts signed for part 2 with Dave before this whole thing kicked off?

DLR7884
01-05-2005, 02:47 PM
You are digging too deep.

DLR7884
Way too deep.

lms2
01-05-2005, 02:47 PM
Well I hope they don't wait five more years! Ed may be dead by then...

Don Corleone
01-05-2005, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by DLR7884
You are digging too deep.

DLR7884
Way too deep.

That thought had crossed my mind as well, but it does make you think.

Carmine
01-05-2005, 03:40 PM
You may be right Don. I have heard here and it has been talked about that: originally Ed wanted to do a 2 singer tour with Sam and Dave. Dave said no. He told them to go do their thing with Sam, and when they were ready for him, make the call. I also believe thats why Dave is doing sporadic shows, keeping the voice in shape...2006! The Return......

DrMaddVibe
01-05-2005, 03:46 PM
You forgot Ed smashing his guitar on closing night...curtains down on Act 1.

It would be nice if it were true but 5 years off? I don't see it. Perhaps a fence mending and Ed with Dave cut an album...eliminate the other stooges. Al's just a drummer with an axe to grind against Dave. Mike's pulled a "Fredo" and ran off with another "family" so Ed has no use for him.

Ed and Dave.

Now who to get for the other spots....

Billy Sheehan - Played with DLR
Nathan East - Awesome bassist
Graham Maby - Bassist/Vocalist/Songwriter
Krist Novoselic - Basist/Vocalist/Familiar with nutjobs
Jason Bonham - Doing NOTHING!
Stewart Copeland - résumé needs updating
Vinnie Appice - Guy can still play
Eric Singer - Needs a band BAD! Alice Cooper? C'mon Eric!
Gregg Bissonette - Worked with Dave before.

The possibilities abound. Either way I believe that IF Ed and Dave do end up working together...it won't be with Mike and Al.

C'mon Ed...you're not getting sober...make the call!

DavidLeeNatra
01-05-2005, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Don Corleone
Now I've been thinking about this and it might be wrong and complete bullshit

...guess that's what it is, buddy.

Terry
01-05-2005, 05:15 PM
Problem is, there's no way that type of arrangement could have been kept a secret for so long. Especially if other promoters had signed off in this scenario - it would have leaked. 'Specially now that the 2004 tour is over. What's the point of keeping it under wraps now that the Van Hagar tour is over?

Think if the Van Halens were gonna do something with Dave, it would have happened by now. If the Van Halens were setting up the 2004 tour as some kind of promotion for the Best Of Both Worlds, would have made more sense for them to have done an hour with Hagar and an hour with Roth. Not that I'd want to see that shit, but there you go.

Alex isn't clever enough to get everyone to look the other way by touring with Hagar in 2004 and then pulling a head fake by getting Dave onboard for 2005.

5150Clown
01-05-2005, 05:20 PM
Basically the sisters decided to give the fans what they wanted to they had their attorneys call dave and said:

Lawyers and promoters: "Dave, the VH sisters want to tour with you. It's a Dave/Sam tour. You will open up (as the first world of VH) and Sam will close (as the second world of VH crumbles)."

Dave: "You tell those cock suck'n sisters that if I do a tour, it's the DAVID LEE ROTH VANHALEN tour and their will be no SPAM! And another thing, I don't open for Spam! And one more thing...I make the rules! CLICK!

That's pretty much what transpired. And so the bitter sisters went on in their evil plot to destroy the legend of their original lead singer by putting out a "best of both worlds" cd and exclude any memory of DLR except for the songs. Trust me, if they could re-record those songs (the original classics) with Spams voice, they would.

My website that I'm planning will go deeper into this issue.

GAR
01-05-2005, 05:23 PM
May your deep website go much, much deeper than 3 Online Users at any given time.

- so you can beat Chelle's site by 1 user.

DLR7884
01-05-2005, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by 5150Clown
My website that I'm planning will go deeper into this issue.

Oh, can't wait to visit your website full of speculation!

DLR7884

GAR
01-05-2005, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by DLR7884
Oh, can't wait to visit your website full of speculation!

DLR7884

What Horinko's saying here, is that he wishes to be Moderator.

Hey, when he makes you a Mod could you make a Flappo's Dump section for the shit threads that get bumped on down from Main so we can take potshots at em as usual?

My contract here at Army is non-exclusive: which means I can shit on any shit thread on any shit board, at anytime on the net!

Me so happy..

DLR7884
01-05-2005, 05:29 PM
When did I say I wanted to be a mod?

DLR7884
?

GAR
01-05-2005, 05:37 PM
j/k....

DLR_EngineRoom
01-05-2005, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Don Corleone
Now I've been thinking about this and it might be wrong and complete bullshit (or I might be right), but please listen to what I have to say first before deciding.

The album's title: Best of Both Worlds i.e. Dave and Spam, 2 different era's, is that just a hint? We've had to suffer a tour with Spam (on the 25th Anniversary), this in the sisters eyes would be World 1 of 2. The next big anniversary the 30th Anniversary. Now I wonder what could be planned for that year? Could it be the second, and concluding part of a "Best of Both Worlds tour" with Dave returning to the helm?

Spam's also spoken about "getting closure" from this tour, Alex has spoken bullshit as expected, and Dave has stayed quiet and got on with his own thing. Does he know something we don't?

Also the promoters have been paying a lot for this tour (the band were rumoured to be getting 700K a night), and they made a loss (as expected). What if the same promoters already had the contracts signed for part 2 with Dave before this whole thing kicked off?

Gawd I hope not. DLR doesn't need his original backup band, his new band is better and they don't swear at him either....

jojo2371
01-05-2005, 05:53 PM
dlr7884 were'd u get that pic of me ?

ZahZoo
01-05-2005, 06:07 PM
Don you're digging too deep... the band probably didn't even come up with that title... some hotshot cash grab marketing dweeb did.

If what's being bantored about Ed's current condition presently... odds are not looking like there's much of a future ahead of him for anything...

LoungeMachine
01-05-2005, 07:13 PM
At the rate the Sisters are deteriorating, and Mikey is bloating, I believe the next Album will be entitled.....

Best of The Third World

light 'em up!
01-05-2005, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by 5150Clown
Basically the sisters decided to give the fans what they wanted to they had their attorneys call dave and said:

Lawyers and promoters: "Dave, the VH sisters want to tour with you. It's a Dave/Sam tour. You will open up (as the first world of VH) and Sam will close (as the second world of VH crumbles)."

Dave: "You tell those cock suck'n sisters that if I do a tour, it's the DAVID LEE ROTH VANHALEN tour and their will be no SPAM! And another thing, I don't open for Spam! And one more thing...I make the rules! CLICK!

That's pretty much what transpired.

I'll buy that.

light 'em up!
01-05-2005, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
At the rate the Sisters are deteriorating, and Mikey is bloating, I believe the next Album will be entitled.....

Best of The Third World

A reunion tour w/Cherone? I'll buy that too. (The theory that is, not the album),

light 'em up!
01-05-2005, 07:40 PM
I'm looking at April 1, 2005 as the next possible reunion announcement w/Dave, but I seriously doubt it's going to happen, because the sisters ain't ever going to give Dave an ounce of say in how the thing is carried out. And Dave prefers no reunion to a fucked up one.

rustoffa
01-05-2005, 08:44 PM
You really don't have to dig very deep to appreciate the irony in the title.

"Best Of Both Worlds".

One world surrounded by an atmosphere that enabled proper development of incredibly dynamic music....you know...sun, moon, wind, rain.

Another surrounded by an atmosphere that enabled proper development of bastardized, anemic, fertilzer-grade schlock....you know...cow pattie clouds, shite nights, gastro intestinal breezes, fluid stools.