PDA

View Full Version : Q107 Van Halen A - Z Weekend

DLR_EngineRoom
01-05-2005, 06:42 PM
Just received this eMail from Q107 here in Toronto:

Starting Friday afternoon at 3 with Kim Mitchell and Carly Klassen, it's the Q107 "Van Halen" A-Z Classic Rock Weekend. Featuring all the best from the boys in VH in alphabetical order. I'm thinking we should throw in one song from Gary Cherone - the guy could probably use the royalties!

Have a great week!

Regards
Andrew from ClubQ

Classic Rock Q107
Toronto

spanishfly48
01-05-2005, 09:33 PM
yea we get that most years on Ed's b-day in Buffalo on 97 rock

Chris
01-05-2005, 10:57 PM
It would be better if Q did a Van Halen 77-84 weekend. :D

DLR_EngineRoom
01-06-2005, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Chris
It would be better if Q did a Van Halen 77-84 weekend. :D

haha.....wishful thinking.....although on average, whether they announce that there'll be some Van Halen comin' up in the next mix, or there's a request for Van Halen...it's almost always Dave era.

degüello
01-06-2005, 05:07 PM
Cool. I'll be sure to tune in this weekend... although my Hagar-radar's going to have to be running full blast.

degüello
01-06-2005, 05:11 PM
Thing is, before this fucking debacle of a tour, the Q never played any fucking Hagar-era material whatsoever. Zilch. They didn't touch that shit in any way.

Now, you fucking run the risk of hearing two seconds of a Van Hagar riff (before you can desperately reach for the dial) everytime you tune in , which is enough to ruin anyone's fucking day.

degüello
01-06-2005, 05:13 PM
Although, I gotta be honest, I'm so sick to death of classic rock radio these days anyways, I never listen at all.

DLR_EngineRoom
01-06-2005, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by degüello
Although, I gotta be honest, I'm so sick to death of classic rock radio these days anyways, I never listen at all.

You dun like Classic Rock anymore....prefer the 'Nu Stuff'?

Mind you, some of the new stuff is good...got some serious RnR Torch Bearers out there...but most of it is....in the immortal words of Mike Myers....."A Load Of Crap"

degüello
01-06-2005, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by DLR_EngineRoom
You dun like Classic Rock anymore....prefer the 'Nu Stuff'?...

No, I ain't into anything 'Nu', not at all.

I'm just pretty much worn out on all fucking classic rock radio hits. It's all been overplayed to death and I can't stand hearing any of the heavily rotated 'classics' anymore, many of which I used to like at one point.

It's almost bizarre how they just keep spinning these songs over and over and over. No, not almost, it is bizarre.

When's it going to reach a saturation point, where all of humanity just stands up and shouts, "FUCK OFF!!! I DON'T WANNA HEAR FUCKING FREE BIRD/WISH YOU WERE HERE/WHOLE LOTTA LOVE/SWEET HOME ALABAMA/HOTEL CALIFORNIA/YOU SHOOK ME ALL NIGHT LONG/DUST IN THE WIND/BROWN SUGAR/COMFORTABLY NUMB/(insert any other fucking dead-as-a-doornail overcooked ditty here) ONE SINGLE MORE TIME... PLEASE... FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, SPARE US ALL!!!"?

Chris
01-06-2005, 06:47 PM
Thing is, before this fucking debacle of a tour, the Q never played any fucking Hagar-era material whatsoever. Zilch. They didn't touch that shit in any way.

Now, you fucking run the risk of hearing two seconds of a Van Hagar riff (before you can desperately reach for the dial) everytime you tune in , which is enough to ruin anyone's fucking day. You're right. You rarely heard any Van Hagar on Q before this tour.

DLR_EngineRoom
01-06-2005, 07:36 PM
No, I ain't into anything 'Nu', not at all.

I'm just pretty much worn out on all fucking classic rock radio hits. It's all been overplayed to death and I can't stand hearing any of the heavily rotated 'classics' anymore, many of which I used to like at one point.

It's almost bizarre how they just keep spinning these songs over and over and over. No, not almost, it is bizarre.

When's it going to reach a saturation point, where all of humanity just stands up and shouts, "FUCK OFF!!! I DON'T WANNA HEAR FUCKING FREE BIRD/WISH YOU WERE HERE/WHOLE LOTTA LOVE/SWEET HOME ALABAMA/HOTEL CALIFORNIA/YOU SHOOK ME ALL NIGHT LONG/DUST IN THE WIND/BROWN SUGAR/COMFORTABLY NUMB/(insert any other fucking dead-as-a-doornail overcooked ditty here) ONE SINGLE MORE TIME... PLEASE... FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, SPARE US ALL!!!"?

LMFAO....ok I hear ya.....

degüello
01-06-2005, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by DLR_EngineRoom
LMFAO....ok I hear ya.....

Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack the thread or go out on a negative tangent... kind of went off on a rant there. ;)

It's cool that the Q's spinning the VH this weekend, for sure. I'm in the process of packing for a big move, so it'll be great workin' music.

Nickdfresh
01-07-2005, 08:07 AM
We Q107 down here in Buffalo. I usually listen to the 'Psychodelic Sunday' from time to time, the guy who hosts the show is cool. I'll listen when I can and maybe we can have a Van Halen to Van Hagar ratio or something.

moose
01-07-2005, 09:40 AM
Do what I do phone and complain. Everytime I hear a van crapar tune I change station, I pick up the cell phone and I tell them how I feel. Granted for every 100x they play CVH, you hear the other version 1. So pick up the phone and call.
Now the real "SHEEP" station here in southern ontario is 97.7htz fm
fuck all they do is play that crap.
Pick up the phone and call!!!!!!!!!!!11

DLR_EngineRoom
01-07-2005, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by moose
Do what I do phone and complain. Everytime I hear a van crapar tune I change station, I pick up the cell phone and I tell them how I feel. Granted for every 100x they play CVH, you hear the other version 1. So pick up the phone and call.
Now the real "SHEEP" station here in southern ontario is 97.7htz fm
fuck all they do is play that crap.
Pick up the phone and call!!!!!!!!!!!11

Nice ta hear from ya again, MOOOOOOOOSE!!!!

degüello
01-08-2005, 04:41 PM
So, I've been listening a bit this afternoon, while working, and I've fucking heard more Van Hagar than Van Halen. Seriously.

I tuned in late (they were already at 'P'), but this is just sad.

Here's what I've heard today:

Van Halen: Panama, Running With the Devil, Unchained

The other shit: Poundcake, Runaround, Summer Nights, Standin' on Top of the World

johnnybaby
01-09-2005, 04:14 AM
Great weekend for music. Especially if you are working night shift.