Who remember New Romantic?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fabulous Shadow

Who remember New Romantic?

Remember this style and music of the 80's? The look dubbed New Romantic was popular and was reinforced by hot chart topping pop groups of the time such as Adam And The Ants, Spandau Ballet, Duran Duran, Visage, Haircut 100, Flock of Seagulls, Kajagoogoo and at the time, even Bowie.

Typical romantic glamour had the swashbuckling style of pirates and buccaneers. Full sleeved frilly pirate shirts, hussar style jackets of velvet or silk complete with braiding and broaches... Guys wearing as much makeup as the gals... The look was flamboyant in an attractive, beautiful, narcissistic kind of way.

Remember the dramatic NewRo dance moves? I remember the clubs actaully having NewRo nites.

Were any of you into this? Do you even remember it?

• Mezro
    Full Member Status

• May 2004

You mean like Rock 'N' Rolf from Running Wild?

Mezro...german pirate rock at its finest...
    Got me a date with a shaved Asian. I know, I know; I think it's fucked!

Comment

• Carmine
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Apr 2004

Into it...remember it....have it all on cd.....(and the only one that is still in my explorer is the Duran Duran) lol!

...and then I tried to learn how to breakdance! LMAO!

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

they remember it...

and yes...I remember it, too...I hated it...depeche mode and all this shit...was so gay...I was proud of my mullet back in these days...
        Roth Army Icon
        First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Fabulous Shadow

Originally posted by Carmine Raguzza.
          Into it...remember it....have it all on cd.....(and the only one that is still in my explorer is the Duran Duran) lol!

...and then I tried to learn how to breakdance! LMAO!
          Did that too... My friends were actually the ones who were choosen to do both BREAKIN movies... I kid you not. They came to the club we danced at and hand picked um...

Comment

• Carmine
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
            I was proud of my mullet back in these days...
            LMAO...werent we all....

Comment

• Carmine
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Fabulous Shadow
              Did that too... My friends were actually the ones who were choosen to do both BREAKIN movies... I kid you not. They came to the club we danced at and hand picked um...
              these people? This chick was so HOT!

Comment

• Jesterstar
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jan 2004

Re: Who remember New Romantic?

Remember this style and music of the 80's? The look dubbed New Romantic was popular and was reinforced by hot chart topping pop groups of the time such as Adam And The Ants, Spandau Ballet, Duran Duran, Visage, Haircut 100, Flock of Seagulls, Kajagoogoo and at the time, even Bowie.

Typical romantic glamour had the swashbuckling style of pirates and buccaneers. Full sleeved frilly pirate shirts, hussar style jackets of velvet or silk complete with braiding and broaches... Guys wearing as much makeup as the gals... The look was flamboyant in an attractive, beautiful, narcissistic kind of way.

Remember the dramatic NewRo dance moves? I remember the clubs actaully having NewRo nites.

Were any of you into this? Do you even remember it?

Nickdfresh is very much into this music. He worships is and dress's just like the dude in the picture. Actually that is Nickdfresh in the picture he is doing a exsperimental move there called "THE FIST" I think you all know what is taking place.
                Seshmeister is such a STUD.........OOOOOOOOOO

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/guide/im...cnesbitt_1.jpg

Comment

• Fabulous Shadow

Don't you think that NewRo and Glam rock were very similar in style? I mean they both wore feminine clothing and cosmetics... The only REAL difference between Galm and NewRo was that instead of rock guitar, the music was synthesizer-based electropop and the lyrics were less screeched and more ethereal.

Comment

• Fabulous Shadow

these people? This chick was so HOT!
                    She was the only professional dancer on the set, The two guys were Shabbado and Shrimp and were my buds... I knew Aldolfo aka Shabbadoo carnally... I had several other friends that danced with me at Infinity that had bit parts in that movie as well as in music videos.

Comment

• Carmine
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Apr 2004

She was the only professional dancer on the set, The two guys were Shabbado and Shrimp and were my buds... I knew Aldolfo aka Shabbadoo carnally...
                      No kiddin! Oh, for unlawful carnal knowledge.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

LMAO...werent we all....
                        those were good times...davidleenatra school rock in 1985...

Roth Army Icon

Comment

• Jesterstar
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Jan 2004

Don't you think that NewRo and Glam rock were very similar in style? I mean they both wore feminine clothing and cosmetics... The only REAL difference between Galm and NewRo was that instead of rock guitar, the music was synthesizer-based electropop and the lyrics were less screeched and more ethereal.
                          In all seriousness what happens with music when it's marketed they have to tweek and fine tune it. So your probably right. It was just a starting ground for Glam rock. Kind of like how Metal and Punk were stepping stones for grunge and Jazz and R and B inspired the beats and music for Hip Hop.
                          Seshmeister is such a STUD.........OOOOOOOOOO

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/guide/im...cnesbitt_1.jpg

Comment

• Carmine
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
                            those were good times...davidleenatra school rock in 1985...

LMAO You look like Lou Gramm!...Yep...85' I was a freshmen.....I'll have to dig......

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

another one from 1984...and the band still exists...

Roth Army Icon

Comment

Working...