Would it be Different for Dave if he aged like....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wolverine

Would it be Different for Dave if he aged like....

.....jagger, plant, tyler, joe elliot, jon bon jovi. I'm not saying I am a fan of some of those names. But they all kept their hair and their voices are still the same. I love Dave, but his look and voice are okay, but not like it once was. Do you think Dave would have a better career status respectively if he had the same factors like those other singers!!. (hey we are die hards but the average person always goofs on dave about his hair and his voice being shot)
  • Carmine
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Apr 2004

Re: Would it be Different for Dave if he aged like....

Originally posted by The Godfather
    [B(hey we are die hards but the average person always goofs on dave about his hair and his voice being shot) [/B]
    And they are wrong on both counts! I dont understand how Dave could have aged Differently? I saw him at the Rama show......nothings changed!

Comment

• Wolverine

CARMINE, Dave did still look and sing the same at Rama?

How were the classic roth screams??

Comment

• Carmine
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Apr 2004

CARMINE, Dave did still look and sing the same at Rama?

How were the classic roth screams??
        Well he doesnt "look" the same in the sense that the flowing locks of hair are gone. You have seen his new look....the short hair. As far as his voice goes, it is still TOP NOTCH! I had never heard him sing RWTD live until the Rama show and I have seen Dave live about 15 times. RWTD is the pinnacle of the Classic Roth scream and he frikkin nailed it! I think I understand your question a bit better though...is it more like...how could Dave have stayed more mainstream to the masses....I dont know the answer to that.

Comment

• hard rock
          Head Fluffer
          • Oct 2004

How could dave have stayed in the mainstream, well my friends thats easy. Promotion, staying current and promoting himself more. As i once said before on another thread here any one of us roth army soldiers could do a better pr job for him than his current team.

1) Dave needs to play more his solo tunes live. Everyone knows cvh and until he plays more his stuff the newer generation will never know his solo tunes that well. No wonder his solo sales are lacking. CVH gets tons of airplay and is world known. it does not need any help. i have met younger fans of cvh who ask me so what songs would i know from roth other than california girls and yankee rose and i will say well there just like paradise and they go never heard that one before. What da F@$k!!!

2) forget the ego, When dave teamed up with sammy they both drew large numbers and alone they dont. He needs to headline his own 80`s type summer tour like poison and others have done last few years. Dave can team up with cinderella, warrant and who ever .he will play to those that came to see the others and remind them why they liked him in the 1st place and he will reach those other bands younger crowds. When i saw poison 2 summers in a row 2002 and 2003 there were so many young kids that liked poison and when i said i like halen the only knew jump? use ozzfest as an example as well

3) invest in a stage show, bring back the boxing rings etc etc. Kiss still sells out shows without ace and peter cuz they make their shows fun to see.

4) change with times, when grunge came along van hagar got meaner and darker with balance. If dave put out tunes like me wise magic solo he could have kept the interest of those soundgarden, pearl jammin lovin little shit heads who dont know what a party is suppose to be like.

Comment

• hard rock
            Head Fluffer
            • Oct 2004

instead dave did what he liked and that was all over the page stuff, reggae, jazz and blues etc etc . dont get me wrong i like that stuff and most of us here do to but the general audience wont. How many 15 year olds are going to dig your breathin it. how many would dig a me wise magic kinda of tune. i think you see what i mean here.

Comment

• Matt White
              • Jun 2004

DAVE does what DAVE wants. He doesn't follow trends, nor does he need to surround himself with imitators and pale second generation "hair bands". HIS FANS just need to accept the fact that he doesn't need to be the "flavor of the day" and enjoys his life. Dig the music and stop worrying about what DAVE 'ought to be doing. He's livin' it.

Comment

• hard rock
                Head Fluffer
                • Oct 2004

Hey Matt, i agree 100% with you. Dave does things on his own terms. I was just answering the question that was asked on how could he have stayed more mainstream and those suggestions were what i felt would have achieved that.

Comment

• Carmine
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by hard rock
                  How many 15 year olds are going to dig your breathin it. how many would dig a me wise magic kinda of tune. i think you see what i mean here.
                  maybe, but...more 15 year olds are diggin the Classic 6 pack these days! Why? Beacause its still mainstream! I hear 10 classic tunes here on the radio a day. What radio plays is indicative of whats "popular" or what they think WE want to hear. Nobody really wants to hear solo Dave stuff(cept us), nobody wants to hear Van HAgar.....but what they play and what everybody in the mainstream is still interested in to this day...is the ORIGINAL VAN HALEN. Mainstream as well as us has been begging for this reunion for 2 decades!

Comment

• Matt White
                    • Jun 2004

"jagger, plant, tyler, joe elliot, jon bon jovi"

Jagger has NO range and looks like a piece of beef jerky. Still riding on Keef's coat tails.

Bob Plant has no range left and looks like a Shar-Pei. Has the advantage that LED ZEPPELIN is held in such universal high esteem.

Joe elliot is showing his age and has NEVER had much range. LIve, he sounds like Brian Johnson of AC/DC, without the balls.

Jon Bon Jovi. WHO WOULD WANT TO SOUND OR LOOK LIKE THIS POODLE?!?!?

DAVE suffers, to some extent, from the bad blood generated by 20 years of frustration on the part of CLASSIC VAN HALEN fans on being denied the GREATEST BAND in the world.

Comment

• Igosplut
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Re: Would it be Different for Dave if he aged like....

.....jagger, plant, tyler, joe elliot, jon bon jovi. I'm not saying I am a fan of some of those names. But they all kept their hair and their voices are still the same. I love Dave, but his look and voice are okay, but not like it once was. Do you think Dave would have a better career status respectively if he had the same factors like those other singers!!. (hey we are die hards but the average person always goofs on dave about his hair and his voice being shot)
                      If you put a head of grey hair on Jagger, he'd definely look his age. The last I saw a picture of Plant, he was looking hard. Tyler is the same as Jagger, If these guys stopped dying their hair it'd make a big difference in their apperance. I think Joe Perry looks alot better than Steven. And i'm not familar with def leppard. And I would have to agree, John Bon Jovi looks better than all of 'em.

But the bad thing is he's still John Bon Jovi........
                      Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• Golden AWe
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by hard rock
                        How could dave have stayed in the mainstream, well my friends thats easy. Promotion, staying current and promoting himself more. As i once said before on another thread here any one of us roth army soldiers could do a better pr job for him than his current team.

2) forget the ego, When dave teamed up with sammy they both drew large numbers and alone they dont. He needs to headline his own 80`s type summer tour like poison and others have done last few years. Dave can team up with cinderella, warrant and who ever .he will play to those that came to see the others and remind them why they liked him in the 1st place and he will reach those other bands younger crowds. When i saw poison 2 summers in a row 2002 and 2003 there were so many young kids that liked poison and when i said i like halen the only knew jump? use ozzfest as an example as well

3) invest in a stage show, bring back the boxing rings etc etc. Kiss still sells out shows without ace and peter cuz they make their shows fun to see.

4) change with times, when grunge came along van hagar got meaner and darker with balance. If dave put out tunes like me wise magic solo he could have kept the interest of those soundgarden, pearl jammin lovin little shit heads who dont know what a party is suppose to be like.

Dave should team up and act like Poison etc., those lame-ass VH copycats? Bwaahahaha...now that is some of the worst BS I've ever heard...

If you go to a Poison concert it is very likely that you will run into a lot Poison-fans, even kids.

If Dave is playing big bars you might not see that many kids in the audience.

Van Hagar got meaner and darker...bwahahah...oh yesss, they went deeper into their own arseholes, and the lyrics were some horrible shite.
                        Originally posted by Cato
                        Golden, why are you FAT?
                        Originally posted by lesfunk
                        Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
                        http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• Golden AWe
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Matt White
                          "jagger, plant, tyler, joe elliot, jon bon jovi"

Jagger has NO range and looks like a piece of beef jerky. Still riding on Keef's coat tails.

Bob Plant has no range left and looks like a Shar-Pei. Has the advantage that LED ZEPPELIN is held in such universal high esteem.

Joe elliot is showing his age and has NEVER had much range. LIve, he sounds like Brian Johnson of AC/DC, without the balls.

Jon Bon Jovi. WHO WOULD WANT TO SOUND OR LOOK LIKE THIS POODLE?!?!?

DAVE suffers, to some extent, from the bad blood generated by 20 years of frustration on the part of CLASSIC VAN HALEN fans on being denied the GREATEST BAND in the world.

Yesss. 100%.
                          Originally posted by Cato
                          Golden, why are you FAT?
                          Originally posted by lesfunk
                          Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
                          http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• lms2

Dave's voice still sounds good.

He may not have the flowing mane of yesteryear... but that was artificial anyway. I think he looks good with the short hair.

It has always been about Dave's personality ... and that will always be there!

I think what he needs, (besides the aforementioned new management) is to deside what he wants, and to go for it; 100%.

Comment

• Jack68
                              Commando
                              • Sep 2004

Dave is on the right track with his appearence now.I hated the spandex ,bleached hair thing.Attitude says it all,look at Jimmy Buffet some 54 year old billionaire.I know im gonna killed on this ive always thought of Roth as an extreme life living mofo outside of VH.Thats what still makes me buy his stuff and when given the chance see him live.God knows weve all said id be DLR any day.i actually loved it when Dave guest dj"d on 92.3 on krock here in new york.Everyone i know who listens to good music was like man Roth should freestyle dj.His show would make stern look tame with his stories.Could you imagine the depth of his show,from hiking in the himilayas to women he has banged to stocks to playing in front of 100,000 people.The list is endless.Van halen aint coming back and god knows id be on line for that show.Unfortunate but true,unless....alex dies.
                              "Avant Garde is French for bullshit.”

Comment

Working...