PDA

View Full Version : Has Ed become Dave??

Wolverine
01-07-2005, 09:48 AM
When Dave was in Van Halen he was the Boss. I'm sure Dave had his Tryant moments. Ed always said Dave always treated people like shit.
Well now with Dave long gone. It seems Ed learned from Dave and now Eddie has become Dave (Ed treats people like shit cause now the spotlight is on him and now Ed's in charge)....see, Ed does admire Dave!!

guwapo_rocker
01-07-2005, 09:56 AM
Al's in charge.

Carmine
01-07-2005, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
Al's in charge.

Yep

5150Clown
01-07-2005, 10:38 AM
Al is definitly in charge but I really think they feed off of each other. Ed's anger and Al's stupidity.

Poor little mikey.

tjvhou812
01-07-2005, 11:20 AM
charles is in charge

academic punk
01-07-2005, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by tjvhou812
charles is in charge

Fuckin' Scott Baio would do a better job than either of those cretins!

I'm not sure who is in charge...remember the '96 fiasco? That was all Ed's choice to bring Dave down to 5150. Al knew nothing about it initially, not until he showed up in the studio and found Ed and Dave sitting there laughing together.

So my impression is nothing is done wihtout Ed's say-so. Al might take care of marketing the band and stage design or whatever, but the direction of the band is all under Ed's (mis)management.

Big Troubles
01-07-2005, 06:16 PM
charles is in charge

...of me...? Fak no. Id bang that blonde bitch though.

smaz
01-07-2005, 07:09 PM
Ed's not turned into Dave. Dave does whatever he wants to do, not what management want him to do...

Rikk
01-07-2005, 07:14 PM
charles is in charge

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/charlesinchargecast2.jpg

rustoffa
01-07-2005, 09:42 PM
Well shit....

The logistics involving Ed turning into Dave in some sort of mantra metamorphosis are basically impossible.

For that to happen, Ed would have to have some taste.

Ed's tongue is all fucked up...

(fade to black)..........

Fini.

SternchatSUX
01-07-2005, 10:00 PM
David Lee Roth was and will always be a guy known for being a good shit...Eddie van cock bag ...has always treated people like shit. Fuck VanHalen.....long live DavidLeeRoth
:rockit2:

Terry
01-07-2005, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by academic punk
Fuckin' Scott Baio would do a better job than either of those cretins!

I'm not sure who is in charge...remember the '96 fiasco? That was all Ed's choice to bring Dave down to 5150. Al knew nothing about it initially, not until he showed up in the studio and found Ed and Dave sitting there laughing together.

So my impression is nothing is done wihtout Ed's say-so. Al might take care of marketing the band and stage design or whatever, but the direction of the band is all under Ed's (mis)management.

That whole thing seemed like a case of too many hands in the pot ruining the stew, between personal managers, business managers, therapists, songwriters, producers and record company reps. But ultimately it comes down to the band/Ed and Als attitudes. The Van Halens are the core of the band now, although it's clear they have no flair for what needs to be done.

Ed needs direction from someone who isn't as connected as Al is. Best manager Van Halen could get is someone who can dispassionately tell the brothers what needs to be done, with a minimum of coddling.

academic punk
01-08-2005, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Terry
That whole thing seemed like a case of too many hands in the pot ruining the stew, between personal managers, business managers, therapists, songwriters, producers and record company reps. But ultimately it comes down to the band/Ed and Als attitudes. The Van Halens are the core of the band now, although it's clear they have no flair for what needs to be done.

Ed needs direction from someone who isn't as connected as Al is. Best manager Van Halen could get is someone who can dispassionately tell the brothers what needs to be done, with a minimum of coddling.

Actually, is that the best approach? You know the old saying: "If you want something done right, do it yourself".

You've read Crazy From the Heat, right? Managers are vipers. Even with Gary Cherone, that was MANAGEMENT to a great extent pushing someone who was already on his client roster onto the VH brothers.

I think Gary was also family with the guy. some weird tenuous connection.

So I think them managing themselves is fine, it's just getting past the ego-hurdles. Dave's aborted 2002 reunion unravelled largely b/c - from what I've seen, heard and read - his lawyers/management/he himself were demanding that the show be billed as "Van Halen with David Lee Roth"...so once again Ed balked and was afriad dave would steal his spotlight and reneged on the whole thing (I'm sure there was financial renumeration disparity as well)

frets5150
01-09-2005, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Big Troubles
...of me...? Fak no. Id bang that blonde bitch though.

FUCK YEAH!!!

Big Troubles
01-09-2005, 07:50 PM
Thats the good stuff! :D Nice avatar too BTW.

Terry
01-09-2005, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by academic punk
Actually, is that the best approach? You know the old saying: "If you want something done right, do it yourself".

You've read Crazy From the Heat, right? Managers are vipers. Even with Gary Cherone, that was MANAGEMENT to a great extent pushing someone who was already on his client roster onto the VH brothers.

I think Gary was also family with the guy. some weird tenuous connection.

So I think them managing themselves is fine, it's just getting past the ego-hurdles. Dave's aborted 2002 reunion unravelled largely b/c - from what I've seen, heard and read - his lawyers/management/he himself were demanding that the show be billed as "Van Halen with David Lee Roth"...so once again Ed balked and was afriad dave would steal his spotlight and reneged on the whole thing (I'm sure there was financial renumeration disparity as well)

The Van Halens have been essentially calling the shots for themselves since the new millenium started. What do they have to show for it?

Personally, I don't even think Eddie should be doing production chores at this point: the guy has no ear for what constitutes a good sound. No accident his best recorded sound was obtained with someone else behind the studio console, just as it's no accident Van Halen was at its zenith when someone else was managing their affairs.

Not talking about creative control, here.

Realistically, if Van Halen are gonna get back together with Roth, there's gonna have to be some mediation utilizing accountants, lawyers, etc. See, I never bought Eddies "the lawyers stepped in and everything got fucked up" explanation for the 2000 whatever-the-hell-it-was.

Bottom line: If Ed, Al, Mike and Dave are all on the same page and have the same goals in mind re: reunion, then the logistics of it are secondary. The reunion, just like 1996, starts and ends with the four musicians. If they want it badly enough, they'll make it happen.

Problem is Ed and Al take the path of least resistance again and again. It's a mindset they're comfortable with. Getting back together with Dave represents a challenge on all fronts, but especially a challenge to a sloth-like way of being.

Matt White
01-10-2005, 09:57 AM
"Has EVH become DAVE???"

He'd need three things he's never had:
1.) A personality, beyond being "drunk boy".
2.) Some personal responsibility.
3.) A sense of style.

NEVER GONNA HAPPEN.

frets5150
01-12-2005, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Matt White
"Has EVH become DAVE???"

He'd need three things he's never had:
1.) A personality, beyond being "drunk boy".
2.) Some personal responsibility.
3.) A sense of style.

NEVER GONNA HAPPEN.

Dude please remove that picture it's really freakin me out :D

frets5150
01-12-2005, 12:35 PM
Crazy Ass Mofo Yay finally

John Holmes
01-13-2005, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by 5150Clown
Al is definitly in charge but I really think they feed off of each other. Ed's anger and Al's stupidity.

Poor little mikey.

What about Spammy? What does he add to the picture?

http://www.cnn.com/interactive/entertainment/0211/hagar.albums/intro.hagar.jpg

Switch84
01-13-2005, 04:09 PM
charles is in charge

:D :D :D ROFLMMFAOBT!!!!!!!!!

franksters
01-13-2005, 04:38 PM
the sisters can go fuck themselves ..soon enough they won't boss nobody anymore...hahaha

franksters
01-13-2005, 04:39 PM
not even spammy the fatso! even him got it!

Don Corleone
01-13-2005, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by The Godfather
It seems Ed learned from Dave and now Eddie has become Dave

Ed may have become like Dave in that he was the boss (well all know Alice is in charge these days), but Has Ed become Dave? No. For that he would need to develope a personality.

franksters
01-13-2005, 04:40 PM
maybe mickey will go back to a marching band (as an instructor!)

Wolverine
01-13-2005, 10:22 PM
ed wants to be dave

Wolverine
01-13-2005, 10:25 PM
fuck the sisters

Roguesgirl
01-14-2005, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by The Godfather
When Dave was in Van Halen he was the Boss. I'm sure Dave had his Tryant moments. Ed always said Dave always treated people like shit.
Well now with Dave long gone. It seems Ed learned from Dave and now Eddie has become Dave (Ed treats people like shit cause now the spotlight is on him and now Ed's in charge)....see, Ed does admire Dave!!

Difference being that when Dave was in charge...good things happened.

Ever since Stinky and his brother have been at the helm, the ship has been going down.