PDA

View Full Version : When Will We All Give Up?

IMFUCKINPISSED
01-08-2005, 06:48 PM
Will it take the death of one of the original 4 Band Members to give up on a V.H. reunion?

Will it just take Dave , or Ed Dieing to give up hope for a V.H. reunion?

OR will we all still be here in ten years hashing all the same things we do now hoping there will be a V.H. reunion?

Figs
01-08-2005, 06:52 PM
10 years or the death of Ed or Dave.

I don't need to see them "kicking ass" when they are 60.

Panamark
01-08-2005, 07:14 PM
Spammy already killed it. Its over.

spmusicplyr
01-08-2005, 07:25 PM
i give up

house0paincakes
01-08-2005, 07:26 PM
I have no faith in Howdy Doody Mountain doing an album with DLR. I think they are totally brain damaged. If Ed lives long enough to put out another album period, it would be amazing, to say the least. . .
Not that I give a shit about anything they might do in the future that doesn't involve Dave.

Fabulous Shadow
01-08-2005, 08:08 PM
When one of them (Ed or Dave) dies god forbid. Other than THAT, there is always HOPE!

Mezro
01-08-2005, 09:25 PM
I stopped caring after the 1996 abortion.

Mezro...if they do great and if they don't fine...me thinks the perfect time (1996) has come and gone...

83USFESTIVAL
01-08-2005, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Panamark

i agree .. too much anomosity b/w dlr and eddie.

Vivian Campbell
01-08-2005, 11:51 PM
I don't really care if they reunite. I just want to see another DLR Band style Dave album and an Eddie project OUTSIDE of the VH moniker.

house0paincakes
01-09-2005, 12:03 AM
I'd like to hear a complete
guitar album by Ed,
but I won't hold my breath.
Dave may surprise us this
year though.

Maybe he'll have to save
Ed's life <cough.>

Kramer5150
01-09-2005, 12:31 AM
Almost like a flashback to 78. Those guys nail it. The real VH will never reunite and play the old school set. Eddie would want to play Amsterdamn and shit like that. I need Dirty movies, Hang Em High, and So This is Love?

Kramer5150
01-09-2005, 12:31 AM
Almost like a flashback to 78. Those guys nail it. The real VH will never reunite and play the old school set. Eddie would want to play Amsterdamn and shit like that. I need Dirty movies, Hang Em High, and So This is Love?

DavidLeeNatra
01-09-2005, 12:41 AM

amen...beating on a dead horse...

picasso bros
01-09-2005, 01:42 AM
Even with all that has transpired over the past so many years between the VH camp and DLR, I could still support a CVH reunion.

But I would much rather have new DLR Band music instead.

bueno bob
01-09-2005, 02:15 AM
Frankly, the time was 1996, and Ed and Al killed it...Sam's just cashing the checks, and for that, I really don't hold any hatred towards him...all of my anger and frustration and sorrow is heaped upon the heads of two men - Edward and Alex Van Halen...

...and Steve Kuser...

aesop
01-09-2005, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Frankly, the time was 1996, and Ed and Al killed it...Sam's just cashing the checks, and for that, I really don't hold any hatred towards him...all of my anger and frustration and sorrow is heaped upon the heads of two men - Edward and Alex Van Halen...

...and Steve Kuser...

Nah...It's squarely on Alex's freon laden head...That I'm your big brother and your a dumbass drunk shoulda left long ago...

...Maybe Ed really is a pansy!?

bueno bob
01-09-2005, 02:23 AM
QUICK! SOMEBODY PHOTOSHOP ED IN DRAG! :)

spmusicplyr
01-09-2005, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by Kramer5150

hes sooooo right. ive seen them a few times at house of blues, ive also seen dlr at house of blues, and the punks is like watching the usfest '83 dvd....awesome shit. in fact im in the process of getting them a gig at a local bar but the owner is being cheap. once we go and see them, he'll realize how much money he'll make in booze.

flappo
01-09-2005, 03:52 AM
i gave up years ago

all i want now is to fuck katydid up the ass

Dear Katy

i really want to have anal sex with you

you turn me on

why not stand at your porch one sunny summer's evening , spreading your well rounded ass and exposing your beautiful rosebud so that i may impale you upon my 9 inch thick veiny penis , are you excited by this ?

i am , i am masturbating furiously in anticipation of anally pumping you full of my sticky hot semen

please tell me you feel the same

love

flappo

xxxx

house0paincakes
01-09-2005, 04:34 AM
That has to be one of the funniest avatars I have ever seen!

light 'em up!
01-09-2005, 03:50 PM
Alex Van Halen, once a rock god now jizzed upon freely by flappo. It's a long way down baby!

Nickdfresh
01-09-2005, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by light 'em up!
Alex Van Halen, once a rock god now jizzed upon freely by flappo. It's a long way down baby!

Can I borrow that avatar? I need it for the Links.;)

ULTRAMAN VH
01-10-2005, 08:04 AM
Who would really want a reunion with the state EVH is in right now. It cracked me up how in interviews Ed would say a reunion with Dave would be embarassing because he just doesn't have the pipes anymore. Well DLR has been touring constantly for the past 20 years and seeing footage of him on the 4th of July proves he still has it. Well boy what comes around goe's around because EVH is in a shambles. He played like shit on this recent tour and is an embarrassing drunk. And if there was hope, the sisters would have given him more credit on the latest Best Of. Come on, what better way to slap the Diamond One in the face than to put 3 of his songs on the disk with that fat, boring, frontman Sham Hagar singing them live. On top of that the control freak AVH has stated that they will never tour with DLR again. The best I think we can hope for, is that Warner Brothers tells the sisters to FUCK OFF and releases a box set of Classic DLR era VH material.

Roguesgirl
01-10-2005, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by IMFUCKINPISSED
Will it take the death of one of the original 4 Band Members to give up on a V.H. reunion?

Will it just take Dave , or Ed Dieing to give up hope for a V.H. reunion?

OR will we all still be here in ten years hashing all the same things we do now hoping there will be a V.H. reunion?

I really gave up when they went back with the Hag this time.

I just come here to see what the hell Roth is up to. It sucks that Hagar fans come here, too. You can always pick them out.
Fucking' miserable just like EVH.

Panamark
01-10-2005, 08:21 AM
I cant believe I once looked up at the sisters.
They embarrass me now. Even the die hard Ed heads
cant defend him now....

Dave singing Jump with that Boston orchestra was more
Van Halen than the half sold 80 venues Van Hagar just did..

Dave probaly had a bigger audience that night than the whole
hagar tour...

And it made it us fucking happy !!!! Watching Van Hagar is
a total bummer... Ed fucking up his signature tunes...
Embarrasing, Sad.......

Antman
01-10-2005, 06:39 PM
When will I give up? Never. Always a glimmer of hope. Being an eternal pessimist, I do not expect them to reconvene. So when they do I will be pleasantly surprised.

lms2
01-10-2005, 06:46 PM
So which will come first, a classic Van Halen reunion, or Dave updating his site?

DavidLeeNatra
01-10-2005, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by lms2
So which will come first, a classic Van Halen reunion, or Dave updating his site?

now THAT'S a hard question...

lms2
01-10-2005, 07:00 PM
Yep... but the point is, even if Dave updates his site... it will just be that, an update... the Army will still kick Dave's site's ass any day of the week.

I really think the same would be true with a real reunion. We have built it up, hoped for it, held our breath, stomped our feet, given up, and then started over, but in all honesty, we have the six pack, we have the boots... would a real reunion measure up in any way shape or form, or would it be like a site update?

Fabulous Shadow
01-10-2005, 07:19 PM
I cant believe I once looked up at the sisters.
They embarrass me now. Even the die hard Ed heads
cant defend him now....

Dave singing Jump with that Boston orchestra was more
Van Halen than the half sold 80 venues Van Hagar just did..

Dave probaly had a bigger audience that night than the whole
hagar tour...

And it made it us fucking happy !!!! Watching Van Hagar is
a total bummer... Ed fucking up his signature tunes...
Embarrasing, Sad.......

While I obviously don't agree with your entire post, I will say that Van Hagar does not do justice to the Roth songs. Roth's band definitly get's the kudos for pumping out the CVH tunes. That said, I'd rather see the Punks do CVH that see Van Hagar do CVH.

CROWBAR
01-10-2005, 07:30 PM
The window of opportunity was in '96 for me. When that didn't happen, I knew that was probably it for a reunion with Dave. At this point, it would be extremely embarrassing for DAVE to be seen with the likes of Edwina & Alice! Nor do I want that! That band is dead to me. I'm content with DLR's band now, plus there's plenty of boots along with the six pack.

conyo
01-11-2005, 01:36 AM
I'd still pay money to see a CVH renuion. I don't care if it is the middle of Iraq. I'd get there by camel if I had to. David still has the pipes. I saw it on New Years Eve. I may of criticized his some of his current stage antics, not the mans voice. Ed doesn't have it now. HE'S lost it, but the good news is that he can get it back.

No one on this board can deny that when the VH Circus pulled into your town (circa 1975-1984), it was like a band of outlaws wreaked havoc and fury, rape and pillaged and you not only got to witness it, but you can buy a T-shirt for it. You go to show, your heart raced. you are inside and lights go out at the local rock arena in Anytown, USA. You got goosebumps. The crowd screams as Eddie (not Edward!) played the first notes of that overture that sounds like he has twelve fingers and three hands and is making a gutar do things that sound like a pig is being sodomized. On the back Al's behind a drumset that looks like a combination of a 55 DeSoto and the USS Nimitz and he's beating it with two Louisville Slugger drumsticks. While Mike plays the E string on the bass setting that groove. This combination of noise makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up. You were in for a party, a party that was a combination of bongwater, Qualudes, NO2, warm beer, urine and Caligula. Then like a lightning bolt the lights flash on and out leaps our hero from the drum riser. Tanned, stoned and ready to be your jungle guide. So starts the assault: Romeo Delight, So This Is Love, Romeo Delight, Jamie Cryin. the solos, your high school sweetheart being picked out of the crowd and taken backstage to be devoured by the band. The grit, the filth...the fun

That was VH.

They can do it then and they can still do it now.

I still believe.....I've got to.

God bless CVH,
Alex (not Van Halen)

DLR lived the dream, I can only fucking write about it....

Matt White
01-11-2005, 10:46 AM
"Grow up"?

If, by that, you mean acceptt a pale imitation of the greatest American Hard Rock band, flaccid power ballads, and sub-par, drunken musical wanking....the answer is NEVER.

Ain't no SHEEP here, BABY!!!!

ZahZoo
01-11-2005, 05:12 PM
The WIDOW of opportunity was 1996... bitch is dead now. Move along.

Golden AWe
01-11-2005, 05:44 PM
Thank gawd for bands like Opeth for making us new music to enjoy and look forward to!

oh yeah...and let's not forget The Darkness!!!

Cheers big ears