PDA

View Full Version : Crazy From The Heat

house0paincakes
01-11-2005, 06:23 AM
I just pulled this book off the
shelf for a second read since
I bought it when it first came out. It is probably the most entertaining book ever written
by a rock & roll song & dance man. . .

Anyway, has Dave ever mentioned writing another book
anytime? He really should! He's
every bit as good of a story teller as his man Mark Twain.
I say this in all seriousness, the man is a natural writer.

Selah. . .

DavidLeeNatra
01-11-2005, 07:03 AM
he's definitaly a man of words...and of word...

BrownSound1
01-14-2005, 01:45 AM
Dave said he had enough left over from this book to make another. However, I think Dave will view writing another book as a "been there, done that," type of thing.

Coyote
01-14-2005, 02:00 AM
I'm still waiting for mine. (Ordered it last month...)

DEMON CUNT
01-14-2005, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by house0paincakes
I just pulled this book off the
shelf for a second read since
I bought it when it first came out. It is probably the most entertaining book ever written
by a rock & roll song & dance man. . .

Anyway, has Dave ever mentioned writing another book
anytime? He really should! He's
every bit as good of a story teller as his man Mark Twain.
I say this in all seriousness, the man is a natural writer.

Selah. . .

Hey! I just did the same thing. I started with "Reunion Blues." Cannot believe how evil the Van Halen sisters are.

It's a great read (more pictures than usual for a autobiography) and a must for all DLR freaks.

Roguesgirl
01-14-2005, 11:07 AM
Dave has so much more to write about now...I would love to see a Still Crazy type deal.

house0paincakes
01-14-2005, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Roguesgirl
Dave has so much more to write about now...I would love to see a Still Crazy type deal.

Amen to that! To me, as a long time fan anyway, is something I can re-read because there's a lot to chew on that you might have missed the first time.

I wonder if he actually typed it all out or just rambled into a microphone, and they edited it together. . .

Probably never know.

Bill Lumbergh
01-14-2005, 05:58 PM
Thread number 327,000 on this subject! Just kidding, I've probably read this masterpiece about that many times!

academic punk
01-14-2005, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by house0paincakes
Amen to that! To me, as a long time fan anyway, is something I can re-read because there's a lot to chew on that you might have missed the first time.

I wonder if he actually typed it all out or just rambled into a microphone, and they edited it together. . .

Probably never know.

The latter, HOP. He has said that his editor's assistant (a cute blond, of course) would sit with him, or actually - honestly - followed him around as he wandered around his home with a microphone and tape recorder necklaced around his...uh...neck, as he just recounted stories. That accounts for the conversational tone, and how he could begin wandering the conversation in any number of directions. I still love it.

I'll bet Bill Lumbergh and I can compete for how much we can recite off the top of our heads.

house0paincakes
01-14-2005, 06:53 PM
Yeah, I could never picture Dave sitting down at a computer for hours at a time.

That also explains why it really comes across like he's talking straight to the reader. Thanks for the info.

BrownSound1
01-15-2005, 01:36 AM
I love the way it is written. It is EXACTLY how Dave talks, and that is something I would have thought difficult to make happen. I remember buying the book as soon as it came out, and I read it all in ONE fucking sitting. It is the only book that I could simply not put down. I mean usually I'm of the mindset that I'll just wait for the fucking movie, but not this time.

aesop
01-15-2005, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by DEMON CUNT
Hey! I just did the same thing. I started with "Reunion Blues." Cannot believe how evil the Van Halen sisters are.

It's a great read (more pictures than usual for a autobiography) and a must for all DLR freaks.

Hey DC...you really should wonder out to main more often! Maybe then I (errrr, I mean we) could really listen to your points with more respect. I'm probably full of shit, but it can't hurt...

...here's to all Roth freaks!!!!

house0paincakes
01-15-2005, 07:23 AM
"you really should wonder out to main more often!"

Is this code langauge?